PDA

View Full Version : Best 1st and last lap of 2004?

oddlycalm
10-17-04, 11:54 PM
IMO both occurred during the same MotoGP round at Phillip Island, Victoria. Rossi secured the win and the title, but it certainly wasn't a walk. Gibernau's pass and Rossi's pass back on the last lap of the race were simply incredible. Nearly as incredible was the amazing first lap.

Valentino Rossi and Sete Gibernau stand above the others in MotoGP and are the best of their generation. Their battles bring to mind the epic Hailwood and Agostini battles of the 60's. People will be talking about these battles 30yrs from now, so enjoy it while it's here.

oc

4wheeldrifter
10-18-04, 11:24 AM
I'm only a casual MotoGP watcher but that last lap has got to go down as one of the best all time last laps of any racing series. :thumbup:

RichK
10-18-04, 11:25 AM
Funny, I was saying the same thing. The first lap was just crazy, and I think I woke up everyone in the house during the last lap. Awesome stuff, and I can't wait for Laguna Seca next year.

oddlycalm
10-18-04, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I definitely woke the dog up on that last lap. :cool:

Man, Gibernau looked like someone had just killed his dog at the interview. Guess he and the Doc aren't best buddies anymore... :eek: :laugh:

oc