PDA

View Full Version : Nic Minassian

spinner26
10-17-04, 03:27 PM
Where have I been? I 'm watching race @ Laguna Seca,recorded on NBC, and they said Minassian just went out with stuck throtle. I'd didn't even know he was stil racing.....? Go figure. :confused:

pchall
10-17-04, 05:03 PM
Where have I been? I 'm watching race @ Laguna Seca,recorded on NBC, and they said Minassian just went out with stuck throtle. I'd didn't even know he was stil racing.....? Go figure. :confused:

Has Minnie ever raced in North America? ;)

jonovision_man
10-17-04, 06:43 PM

Just when you thought your career was dead... ALMS! ;)

jono

stroker
10-17-04, 06:46 PM
Has Minnie ever raced in North America? ;)

He was partnered with Junqueria at Ganassi for a few races, right at the start of the season. Then Cheep fired him.

pchall
10-17-04, 07:28 PM
He was partnered with Junqueria at Ganassi for a few races, right at the start of the season. Then Cheep fired him.

I know that. I just don't remember him actually doing anything that approached racing in Champcars. Hence the sarcastic smilie. :p

Railbird
10-17-04, 09:05 PM
Nicolas Minassian, who had taken the fight to the Audis from the start (http://www.planetlemans.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=590&Itemid=2)

Creation is a very cool LMES team we chatted with after they had their problems at the Petit.

http://www.americanlemans.com/gallery/2004/laguna_seca_testing/10_lg.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
10-17-04, 09:21 PM
That is one sexy looking car.

Railbird
10-17-04, 09:25 PM
You oughta hear that thing Sean O

Schweeeet

stroker
10-17-04, 11:16 PM
I know that. I just don't remember him actually doing anything that approached racing in Champcars. Hence the sarcastic smilie. :p

D'OH!

:)

cart7
10-18-04, 07:49 AM
He was the only Cart team driver who didn't finish the 2001 500. Crashed out fairly early on as I recall.

Dirty Sanchez
10-18-04, 09:16 AM
bitchin' ride :thumbup:

BobN
10-18-04, 10:15 AM
Nic is an incredibly cool guy. He (along with co-driver Jamie Cambell-Walter and team owner Mike Jankowski) came by our campsite after qualifying for a couple of beers. Very friendly and funny guys. Nic has a great sense of humor and is very self-effacing. He seems to really be enjoying himself in sportscars.

RTKar
10-18-04, 06:26 PM
Blue race cars... :thumbup: ,the color kind of reminds me of the Prost, a sweet looking car itself.

Dr. Corkski
10-18-04, 07:28 PM
He was the only Cart team driver who didn't finish the 2001 500. Crashed out fairly early on as I recall.I am pretty sure it was the tranny went down on him (and I don't mean what happened to Schekter) and he stopped in the pits.

Selfishly speaking I hope he comes back next year so I could get his sig on the 01 Toyota poster.

RacinM3
10-18-04, 08:24 PM
Just got back from Laguna. That car sounds insane, and definitely has the speed of the Audis. The Laguna crowd was surprisingly strong, and it was a great weekend of racing, from Spec Miata, through the two World Challenge classes, the Star Mazdas, shifter karts, and watching the ALMS cars race into the night for the first time at Laguna. The ALMS strategy of opening the grid to ALL the fans before the race is a great one. I was also impressed by how many people brought their little kids. Future race fans!

Sean O'Gorman
10-18-04, 10:13 PM
The ALMS strategy of opening the grid to ALL the fans before the race is a great one.

Wow. How soon before the race?

I had pit access passes for the Mid-Ohio round (come with season tickets), but never used them because I've seen everything basically, and don't like to get in the way of the crew members.

RacinM3
10-18-04, 10:40 PM
Every fan had full access to the grid for about 20 minutes before they clear it for the start. Free of charge. The place was packed. They loved it.

Dirty Sanchez
10-19-04, 09:45 AM
same deal at Petit. :thumbup: