PDA

View Full Version : Spike TV and IRL??

G.
10-14-04, 12:53 PM
OK, I watched Dangerous Curves Sunday. At the end they had Bronte showing clips of videos celebrating CCWS. To vote for you favorite and to see the full length versions, go to champcar.com. Ok, I looked for it, couldn't find it on CCWS website, thought, maybe it's on SpikeTV.com...

Looking, saw this. http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/index.jhtml?seriesID=13505

Pardon me if this has been discussed elsewhere, I'm a bit out of the loop as of late.

WTF is the Earl doing on Spike??

Honda IRL Racing

Please check local listings for next show time

When you drive for Honda-powered Indy Racing League teams, you better be ready to accelerate from zero to 100 miles per hour in three seconds. You better be ready to endure G-forces equal to four times the weight of gravity. You better be ready to drive over 220 miles per hour.

You better be ready to win.

Get the latest Honda-powered Indy Racing League stats, race results and highlights from Honda IRL Racing.

Wally
10-14-04, 02:11 PM
Looks like the same commercial Honda insists on running every Champ Car race Sunday..... :rolleyes:

Steve99
10-14-04, 02:20 PM
That's been on Spike's website all season. Fonda using it's money to stalk CCWS. Can we get a restraining order?

Not sure if the Fonda Earl show has ever actually aired.

Shadow
10-14-04, 09:01 PM
That's been on Spike's website all season. Fonda using it's money to stalk CCWS. Can we get a restraining order?

Not sure if the Fonda Earl show has ever actually aired.

It is because of nonsense like this that I would not buy a Honda or a Yoda even if hell froze over.

Dave99
10-14-04, 10:48 PM
The irony of this is that we Champ Car fans can't wait for the day Champ Car is no longer on Spike and the IRL couldn't wait to be on Spike. :gomer:

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if there is a link to TMS for free ticket vouchers. Double :gomer:

sundaydriver2
10-14-04, 11:12 PM
HomoCo will stop at nothing to try and screw over Champ Car. I also would not buy one of their crap mobiles if hell frooze over.

Why HomoCo has the axe out is very puzzling and they have lost a lot of customers.

Methanolandbrats
10-14-04, 11:36 PM
HomoCo will stop at nothing to try and screw over Champ Car. I also would not buy one of their crap mobiles if hell frooze over.

Why HomoCo has the axe out is very puzzling and they have lost a lot of customers. I agree their venom is puzzling. But I don't think they have lost any significant number of customers for their grabby braking, numb steering, ill handling, impossible to fix, boring, POS roadcars.

nrc
10-14-04, 11:52 PM
I agree their venom is puzzling. But I don't think they have lost any significant number of customers for their grabby braking, numb steering, ill handling, impossible to fix, boring, POS roadcars.

I don't know. I think they've taken a serious hit on their image among whatever following Champ car has. If they haven't lost any sales with their behavior then they weren't gaining any by being in it before and they certainly aren't gaining any now.

pineapple
10-15-04, 04:16 PM
Honda can't buy the IRL nothing but 0.1/0.2 ratings on ABC and ESPN, so they intelligently decide to showcase the Honda Racing League product on Spike, which guarantees them the same test pattern ratings. Blinded by the hatred... :shakehead

Somebody must have been out driving a crapwagon when they were teaching the ROI class.

Andrew Longman
10-15-04, 04:42 PM
I agree their venom is puzzling. But I don't think they have lost any significant number of customers for their grabby braking, numb steering, ill handling, impossible to fix, boring, POS roadcars.

I guess I'll get flamed but my 04 TL is awesome. And it replaced my 96 Prelude which was a blast. It replaced my 86 CRX which was a 1300 lbs rocketship. Add to that two Civics and an 02 Odyssey and I can only say I don't know if they are hard to fix because I never had to fix any of them. And I averaged 175K miles per car.

I was happy to buy Hondas because they are a client and a CART sponsor. Now I buy them DESPITE them being an IRL sponsor. Racing politics is one thing. How I spend my hard earned money and too much time in a car is a much more serious matter.

BNica
10-16-04, 05:43 PM
I seriously doubt that Honda is going to sell any cars because of EARL sponsorship. It might have cost them a couple of hundred customers though.

In the end, the people who decide to buy Honda's are people who have owned them before and found them to be reliable. And that includes everyone from hausfraus, grandparents, young couples.
The only racing connection they have in the USA is to the the younger fast and furious types, who do have brand loyalty to the make. That racing angle is a completely grassroots thing that happened spontaneously, and with little direction from Honda itself.

sundaydriver2
10-18-04, 01:40 PM
I'm taking my Aunt shopping for a new car in two weeks. She wants a Fonda.

I doubt that will happen with me helping. ;)

I have already been talking up the Fords. :thumbup:

skaven
10-18-04, 07:14 PM
I'm taking my Aunt shopping for a new car in two weeks. She wants a Fonda.

I doubt that will happen with me helping. ;)

I have already been talking up the Fords. :thumbup:

Good job. Be sure to let Fonda know why you went with another company via email. :thumbup:

I would feel petty harboring such sentiments if I didn't believe that it is up to the fans to save racing in America.

Cart Champion
10-26-04, 08:15 PM
The irl on spikeTV......hmmmmmm is this an opportunity to package irl tix with WWE tix?