PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Surfers Race Party (CANCELLED)

ANAYA YATES
10-14-04, 12:12 PM
HELLO EVERYBODY!

I am trying to find a place to watch the race together next Sunday but...............

FOOTBALL is more important than racing of the places I contacted :flame:

Anybody have any ideas?????

There is no live HDNet, so we have to watch it on SPIKE at 4pm on Sunday.

ANAYA YATES

RTKar
10-14-04, 06:34 PM
How about Circuit City or Best Buy...just bring your own cooler... :p

manic mechanic
10-15-04, 12:01 AM
How about Circuit City or Best Buy...just bring your own cooler... :p

If only your NECKCAR team were as good as your advice, doc... :p

All signs point to Anaya and me having a venue on tap (actually, with about 20 taps, but that's another story).

Stay tuned, SoCal... More details will follow in the coming days. :thumbup:

manic

RTKar
10-15-04, 03:46 AM
If only your NECKCAR team were as good as your advice, doc... :p

manic

Hey!, I'm a rookie and BTW, check out the 2nd half stats. :p

manic mechanic
10-16-04, 03:51 PM
Hey!, I'm a rookie and BTW, check out the 2nd half stats. :p

If I'm not mistaken, there is still someone in front of you in the 2nd half standings. :D

Rookie, schmookie! :rofl:

manic

RTKar
10-16-04, 07:15 PM
If I'm not mistaken, there is still someone in front of you in the 2nd half standings. :D

Rookie, schmookie! :rofl:

manic

Being a Cubs fan, I've learned the time honored response...."Wait 'til next year". :D

Anteater
10-17-04, 03:22 PM
So...whatcha got for us, Anaya and manic? Not sure I'll be able to attend, but I'm curious anyway.

manic mechanic
10-17-04, 11:59 PM
Since you asked, here is the "confirmed" deal. There is good news and bad news associated with the venue, though.
First the GOOD news:

Where: The Racer's Pub
3812 Pierce St
(Off the 91 freeway at the corner of Pierce and Magnolia)
Riverside, Ca.
Phone: (951) 689-1932

When: Spike TV's broadcast begins at 4:00 PM, so be there at or before that time.

The Pub has 15+ beers on tap, pool tables, and a few video games (including CART Fury).

Now for the bad news:

The Racer's Pub is a 21 and over establishment with limited food available (the owner makes a$$ kicking fish & chips, and there are a couple restaurants ajacent to it).

So there you have it, SoCal. We did the best we could with the venue considering that 99% of places we talked to wouldn't give us the time of day because they cater to the NFL crowd. :shakehead

Let Anaya or me know so we can inform "Fast Freddy" how many people to expect.

manic

ANAYA YATES
10-20-04, 12:03 AM
This place is "one step up" from a dive bar, but the owner is a die hard race fan.

As Manic said, 21 and over only....sorry :(

Let us know if you can make it

ANAYA YATES

Winston Wolfe
10-20-04, 01:27 AM
i aint gonna be able to make it.... sorry "car pool buddy"....

CARTNUT
10-20-04, 03:05 AM
Good news and bad news, eh?

The good news is that Racer's Pub is right next door to my alltime absolute favorite Riverside greasy spoon "Christo's Best" Burgers! Ya gotta try their Sliced Beef Burrito! Oh My Gawd! The BEST!!! Have 'em add lettuce and make sure they make it with Chili, NOT REFRIED BEANS! Add a side of extra crispy fries and a Coke and you're set!!! BTW - Christo's will deliver to the pub!

Now for the bad news, I won't be there either. Jer will be off scrapbookin' in Big Bear with the girls, aka the Desperate Housewives, so I have the lugnuts all weekend. Being that RP is not a kid friendly place, it ain't gonna work for us. (Not to mention that I don't even know at this point if I have Sunday off yet!)

Have fun guys!

'NUT :gomer:

Anteater
10-20-04, 11:35 AM
Sorry to say this, but it's looking pretty grim for the Anteaters, too. My mom is having a major birthday that weekend, and I don't think her plans include "Favorite Daughter" going off to a race party.

We ARE holding Sunday 11/7 open for a Mexico race party, though. Something to think about. :)

RaceCat
10-22-04, 07:31 PM
I'm sure it surprises no one that I can't make it either. I am open on the 7th though. Maybe we'll be doing something for Mexico City.

RaceCat

manic mechanic
10-22-04, 11:07 PM
As if you all couldn't see this coming:

With all of the responses being "negatives" (no positives on e-mails either), Anaya and me have no choice but to cancel the Surfer's viewing party. :cry:

It should also be known that it's partly our fault for the distance of the venue and the tardiness of the announcement. Rest assured, we did the best we could (as I stated before, 99% of the places we talked to were dedicated to their NFL crowd(s) ). :shakehead

Thanks to nrc for giving us the "sticky" on the subject and trying to help us gain the necessary audience to keep the venue.

I guess all that's left is to "plant the seed" for a possible SoCal Mexico City race viewing gathering...Anyone interested? Suggestions for a more centralized venue will be welcomed.

We will get to work on securing a venue this coming week, so if any of you have a lead on one, feel free to make the contact.

Thanks everyone,

manic

nrc
10-22-04, 11:23 PM
Put a cancelled note in the thread title in case someone thinks about showing up unannounced. Sorry we couldn't make it. :)

manic mechanic
10-23-04, 12:48 AM
Put a cancelled note in the thread title in case someone thinks about showing up unannounced. Sorry we couldn't make it. :)

Thanks boss. You are a true gentleman.

Maybe you and the Mrs. can make the Vegas race in '05 and allow me to thank you in person. :thumbup:

manic (aka the "CCIC local coordinator" for Las Vegas) :D