PDA

View Full Version : it's october 13, 2004...

CART T. Katz
10-13-04, 01:07 PM
do you know where your hockey players are?

mine are in europe somewhere. :mad:

will someone PLEASE chain bettman and goodenow together and not release them for ANY reason until we get our hockey back? :flame:

spinner26
10-13-04, 03:28 PM
We have a new team in Indy.Forget the league, it's high school / college kids trying to get noticed for a contract. They actually play harder than the leftovers in the CHL. It's hockey though.

It's USHL tier 1.

FTG
10-13-04, 03:39 PM
I'm spending the money I save on tickets on beer. So far, so good.

Cart Champion
10-13-04, 04:40 PM
I know a few are in Europe and the rest sitting at home or doing whatever.
October had been written off before the month started, look for november to be written off later this month or early in November.

We have junior hockey in Vancouver so its not a total loss. :thumbup:

Jervis Tetch 1
10-13-04, 06:30 PM
Could this be the death knell for the NHL?

JLMannin
10-13-04, 08:22 PM

Only if Tony George starts a rival Hockey League for American players.

dando
10-13-04, 08:41 PM
RIP, NHL. This lockout is so far out of the sports mainstream it's not even funny. If this was MLB, NFL, or NBA there would be daily updates on the front page or on Sports Center. Heck, the local paper isn't reporting much on the lockout in Cbus. My $$$ is on the owners starting up a new league or using replacement players next fall. The NHL simply cannot survive on a MLB-like system, which is what the players want. Oh well. More foosball to watch, I guess.

-Kevin

IlliniRacer
10-13-04, 09:21 PM
The way I look at, every day they are locked out is one more day the Blackhawks are not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

<sigh>I remember when I was yute and Chicago actually had a professional hockey team.

dando
10-13-04, 10:38 PM
Oh, and I forgot to add...there may not be any hockey being played, but the Rangers still suck. :D

-Kevin

dando
10-13-04, 11:52 PM
FWIW, TSN has cobbled together an interesting solution to the impasse:

linky (http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=100897)

-Kevin