PDA

View Full Version : My neighbor is weird!!!!

Anteater
10-12-04, 12:17 PM
We had a visit from the city inspector this morning because my neighbor complained that our air conditioner is too loud! A brief test with a decibel meter soon proved the invalidity of the complaint, but it was annoying just the same. He also complained that our trashcans weren't enclosed behind a fence, so now we have to build an enclosure for them (he filed a blanket complaint against the entire street for this hideous offense). My neighbor is a complete weirdo; I've told Mr. Anteater that if I ever disappear, be sure to check "Weird Gary"'s backyard for freshly-dug earth. And I'm only half-kidding. He quit speaking to us years ago because I parked in front of his house on street-sweeping day (he left an anonymous note on my car chastising me for this). He walks around or sits in his truck for hours talking on his cell phone. I can only hope that the men in the white coats come to take him away soon.

Does anyone else have a weird neighbor?

Chitowncartfreak
10-12-04, 12:27 PM
I live in suburban Chicago, so I think everyone around me is wierd...

Seriously, there was an incident when I was in high school with a neighbor in my hometown. This is during the time when I was playing in a rock band. Our drummer came over to my house to practice in his Chevy S-10 pickup and parked it in the street. I know what you're thinking - this is going to have something to do with lound music, etc. Wrong - our neighbor, a nice 70-something-year-old lady called the cops because she saw the pickup in the street and thought they were coming to kick her out of her house so they could knock it down. She didn't live by herself much longer after that incident.

RichK
10-12-04, 01:01 PM
Sounds like it's time to study up on your city codes.

We had a neighbor complain about our racing trailer and its placement in our driveway (it was parked there temporarily while we were doing home improvements). We looked up our city codes and found 3 or 4 codes that he was violating, and kept this information as ammunition.

cart7
10-12-04, 01:16 PM
A guy on the up the street from me has gotten the name "Lawn N*zi". Not only because he files frivolous complaints against other neighbors for meaningless stuff like letting ones grass get to high or an improperly painted front door, but after the guy moved into the house several years ago, he spent thousands trucking in new dirt and grass seed and sod just so he called have the perfect lawn.

Tim
10-12-04, 01:21 PM
A guy on the up the street from me has gotten the name "Lawn N*zi". Not only because he files frivolous complaints against other neighbors for meaningless stuff like letting ones grass get to high or an improperly painted front door, but after the guy moved into the house several years ago, he spent thousands trucking in new dirt and grass seed and sod just so he called have the perfect lawn.

If I were you I'd take a crap on his lawn.

B3RACER1a
10-12-04, 01:43 PM
http://www.joespc.com/carlos/redneck.htm

nrc
10-12-04, 02:03 PM
http://www.joespc.com/carlos/redneck.htm

A true classic. :)

oddlycalm
10-12-04, 05:45 PM
He walks around or sits in his truck for hours talking on his cell phone. I can only hope that the men in the white coats come to take him away soon.Let me guess, he's retired, right? The cell phone thing is probably him taking advantage of unlimited calling time on the cell that would cost him money on his land line. Having enough time to inspect everyone's trash barrels is also not a sign of a person with too much to do. :laugh:

oc

Lizzerd
10-12-04, 07:08 PM
You have a wierd neighbor? Anteater, I have two words for you... Southern California. 'Nuff said. :D :D

Rogue Leader
10-12-04, 07:25 PM
The wackos across the street from me dumped one of their hoopty cars in the street directly across from my driveway, making it so I had to do a 3 point turn to get out every time. Mind you I was 17, and I had a few in me, so I slashed the tires... then I called the cops... car was gone the next day... I laughed as I saw the county hooking it up to the tow truck!

These same idiots took a chansaw and cut the top 8 inches off their fence so their rotweiler could see over. Then they put it back together when people were complaining as the dog was trying to get over it all the time and scaring everyone in the neighborhood. Unfortunately the pieces didnt match up too well, it looked like hell! Lets see what else... oh the had one of those old intercom systems with the REALLLLLLLLY long cords... they ran them out the windows to the other rooms. I cut those :) lol.

Jervis Tetch 1
10-12-04, 11:56 PM
What Lizzerd said...wait a minute, I live in So. Cal...but my neigbors aren't weird...just hope they don't think I am. :eek:

Lizzerd
10-12-04, 11:59 PM
What Lizzerd said...wait a minute, I live in So. Cal...but my neigbors aren't weird...just hope they don't think I am. :eek:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

devilmaster
10-13-04, 03:15 AM
Paraphrased from Shawn Collins.......

Everyone has that moron neighbor..... if you're reading this and saying no, well then maybe you should think about that for a bit....

Steve

JohnHKart
10-13-04, 06:02 AM
Excellent timing on this thread. I'm a resident of an apt building that only has three units...Am good friends with the owner, who is my mom's hair dresser. Last week was about to head off to the gym when I saw two residents (the dad and his kid) from the house next door placing garbage in our large garbage bin. Inside were four green plastic bags with their stuff....Lawn grass, clippings from their large pine tree and stuff from their dog. The nerve of these individuals really set me off....trespassing and illegal dumping come to mind...I'm currently drafting a letter on behalf of the owner threatening legal action if they do this again. I've wondered why the bin has been near full alot lately, and now I have the reason. My owner gets charged if the bin is excessively full. Also, I chucked their rubbish back over to their yard in the middle of the night, and the bastards put it back! I would have confronted them but decided that one blow up (the one with my gym) for the week was enough. I just can't imagine and would never dream of taking my garbage over to their house, and I'm sure none of the other residents in these three units would do that either. How would our trespassers feel if we did do that to them? Oh and by the way, they're so concerned with their neighbors, they park their car in front of their house in a way so that nobody else can park on that part of the street. (Halfway in between the driveways, hogging the whole section of the "ahem" public street.)

John

IlliniRacer
10-13-04, 09:34 AM
This guys lives. . . err. . . ,until recently, lived in my subdivision less than 2 blocks from me:

Impersonator gets two year sentence (http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=13127403&BRD=1719&PAG=461&dept_id=25271&rfi=6)

Anteater
10-13-04, 12:18 PM
You have a wierd neighbor? Anteater, I have two words for you... Southern California. 'Nuff said. :D :D

Hey, I resemble that remark! :D Great stories, everyone.

Weird Gary is not retired; he works at home, though. He is single and apparently has no friends, which leaves him with lots of spare time on his hands. Back in the days when he was friendly with us, he told us that his brother is schizophrenic, which makes me wonder if Weird Gary has had his own meds checked recently...

B3RACER1a
10-13-04, 03:07 PM
Another quality resisdent of Madison county...LOL! :rofl:

spinner26
10-13-04, 03:22 PM
Thank God I live where I do, 30 miles south of Indy in Johnson County. My closest neighbor is about a mile on either side and who knows how far behind me and the people across the road are in Florida six months a year. I'd probably freak if I ever had neighbors again. Good luck to all dealing with the real world.

IlliniRacer
10-13-04, 05:10 PM
Another quality resisdent of Madison county...LOL! :rofl:

Only the best here. :thumbup: . FYI - I'm not a native, moved here in May of 93. Two months before I had to build a FREAKIN ARK! I still don't understand these people.

RaceCat
10-16-04, 01:00 AM
Humm, I live in So Cal, and I have a weird neighbor and he IS retired.

This guys has way too much time on his hands and has called the cops on just about everyone on the block for one thing or another, yet he owns a very large sail boat that lives on a trailer in front of his house all the time. I don't think the thing has EVER been in the water. He knows ever single city code about keeping said boat on the trailer on the street. He moves it when required for the exactly required amount of time and then parks it back infront of his house for as long as he's allowed to and then he follows the routine again the next week. It's a complete pain given that the street is about wide enough for 2 cars barely.

The only real good thing about having him around is that he's always "spying" on the neighborhood so no one could ever break into any of the homes on the block without being detected by him. Actually that is of some comfort to me being at work all day. So, I guess theres something good to be said about my wacky neighbor. :)

RaceCat

Car-B-Q
10-16-04, 02:12 AM
What Lizzerd said...wait a minute, I live in So. Cal...but my neigbors aren't weird...just hope they don't think I am. :eek: If you look around to try and find the wierd neighbor and don't find one...then you're probably the one. :D

rocket
10-16-04, 09:46 AM
Used to have a strange one when we lived in a condo. My wife at that point in time (divorced now) smoked, she never flipped ciggy butts on the ground though. But at some point in time the ****** decided that since she smoked she was resposible for ciggy butts no matter where they were. Well he made it a point to pick them up and place them in front of our door. The first time this happened I just pitched them. About a week later I got an "anonymous" letter TYPED to tell us to stop the littering. The next day, more cig butts by the door. I dumped them in his mailbox and wrote a letter to him, signed my name to it, and stuck it on his door. He moved 6 months later, never said another word to me...nothing at all...it was nice. :D

That's the nice thing about being such a big guy. I say what I want, to whomever I want, whenever I want to.

spinner26
10-16-04, 12:06 PM
That's the nice thing about being such a big guy. I say what I want, to whomever I want, whenever I want to.

Just remember Rocket, the bigger they are the harder they fall. As I found out more than once growing up, your mouth can write checks your *** can't cover, be careful. ;)

Anteater
10-16-04, 12:41 PM
rocket, did your neighbor move to So. Cal.?

Reading these posts has reminded me of something that happened years ago when I lived in a condo complex: not long after I moved in, one of my neighbors in the complex was arrested for breaking into women's homes and stealing their underwear (the police nicknamed him "The Panty Bandit" because that's all he ever took). He hit the place 3 doors down from me. :eek: Major creep-out factor when I read that, since I was a woman living alone back then.

anait
10-16-04, 02:10 PM
Our neighbour across the street is a hunter, has two Dobermans as pets, sets live animal traps in his flower gardens for strays and other neighbours' pets, and is our local conspiracy theorist. Those facts in themselves are not necessarily, of course, cause for alarm. However, said neighbour also seems to have some kind of nervous ailment which causes his face and upper body to spasm uncontrollably when chatting with people. It just makes us wonder a bit how successful his hunting is, and how often he may have pinched his fingers in those traps... :eek:

nrc
10-16-04, 02:38 PM
Just remember Rocket, the bigger they are the harder they fall. As I found out more than once growing up, your mouth can write checks your *** can't cover, be careful. ;)

That's true, but there aren't a lot of folks out there that want to try checking Rocket's balance. :)

manic mechanic
10-16-04, 04:06 PM

I'll bear witness to that...whether or not what he says is the truth! :p

BTW Ant: You didn't move to Redlands, did you?? :rofl:

manic

rocket
10-16-04, 10:02 PM

For the most part I'm a verrrrry calm person, and it takes allot to rattle my cage, so if I snap at someone and say something to them...they pretty much have it coming.

I have had to put my mouth in check before, a couple times, when the odds against me are 3+ to 1. Even at 6'9" and 380 lbs, I still know where the line is drawn.