PDA

View Full Version : Community Threads

L1P1
10-09-04, 10:55 PM
I just returned to my computer to respond to a post in the community forum and found that the entire thread was gone. Why? I'm obviously missing something.

I've noticed that community forum threads seem to be short-lived. Why is that?. This was a thread that had no controversy whatsoever, had no arguments, and was on a topic sponsored by the people we're here to talk about.

What is the policy on Community Forum posts?

devilmaster
10-09-04, 11:09 PM
L1P1 - not knowing what thread you are talking about, I can't say if I also found it gone.

But I may have an answer.

If you look below the thread list in community, there is a section called 'display options'. The display options controls what threads you see in the community forum. Its time controlled to only show the threads that have been posted in the last 24 hours.

Go to the drop down menu on the left side that says "From The:" and where the drop down menu says 'Last day'. Change that to Last 2 days or Last week.

All the threads you can't see are still there. Its a way of saving bandwidth when you don't show threads over a couple days old.

Steve

JoeBob
10-09-04, 11:09 PM
The default on that board is to show only threads that have had posts in the last day.

I'm not sure why, but if you change that to look for older threads, you'll probably find the one you're looking for.

nrc
10-10-04, 12:28 PM
There haven't been any threads removed from the community forum for a while. The SCCA Rally thread was moved to the Other Racing forum, but with a redirect.

Did the other suggests above help you locate the thread you're looking for?

L1P1
10-10-04, 07:21 PM
Ah, that was it. 1 day time limit. What an odd default. Now I see it. Thanks, all.