PDA

View Full Version : The Foosball, College, 10/9

Ankf00
10-08-04, 12:28 PM
The best week of ball till rivalry weeks is here. 24 hours until a catastrophically massive low pressure zone of pure suckage is unleashed upon Dallas and the Cotton Bowl, poor Dallas folk, won't even know what hit em :(

Red River Shootou... i mean Ass-Stomping at the Cotton Bowl
cal vs. usc, go bears!
badgers vs. bucks
day-glo orange visits georgia (georgia auburn sec cship game will own.)
minnesota at the big house
lsu at the swamp

saturday will rule. either i'll be really drunk and really happy watching football or i'll be really REALLY drunk and watching football...

And remember, friends don't let friends be sooners. OU sucks eternal.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/hersavvyness/oustillsucks.jpg

dando
10-08-04, 01:01 PM
Showdown Saturday!!! Bring it on, baby! :cool:

I'm almost disappointed that I'll be in The Shoe tomorrow.

Man, I hope the Bucks can score a TD against Bucky's boyz. I gotta bad, bad feeling about this one, and with the Neutron Man passing away yesterday, the Bucks lost their #1 fan. RIP, Orlas. :(

http://www.dispatch.com/2004/10/08/20041008-Pc-C6-1000.jpg

linky (http://www.newarkadvocate.com/news/stories/20041008/localnews/1380677.html)

Ank, good luck to your 'horns. My wife's grandma was a Sooner, so I gotta root for OU in her memory. This will be the first Shootout she's missed since she pass away @ 93 last year. I'm sure she'll be watching, tho.

So I'm picking:

Sooners
Bears
Badgers
Dawgs
Gophers
Gators

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-08-04, 10:58 PM
http://www.paintbrushpainting.com/images/gallery17.jpg

the okie from CBS's hit reality show, Big Brother :rofl:
http://www.bigbtv.com/Images/BigBrother/bb5/ep1/f34.jpg

and I'm sure plenty of people remember Oklahoma's finest, Mr. Champagne of Drugs Charles Thompson, Jamal Lewis' role model
http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/1989/0227_large.jpg

Ankf00
10-08-04, 10:59 PM
hope is such a dirty bastardly thing... I know we're gonna get stomped, but the hope is still there :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
10-08-04, 11:19 PM
Screw OU. Bucky gonna score and then stomp on yur dicks :D

dando
10-09-04, 12:01 AM
Screw OU. Bucky gonna score and then stomp on yur dicks :D
Yer boyz ain't played no ones yet (UNLV, UCF, PSU, IL? Thpppt!)....plus, all @ home. I know Davis has been hurt (when was he not), but we'll see how yer Badgers react on the road for the first time in The Shoe.

May the best team win.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-09-04, 12:15 AM
Yer boyz ain't played no ones yet (UNLV, UCF, PSU, IL? Thpppt!)....plus, all @ home. I know Davis has been hurt (when was he not), but we'll see how yer Badgers react on the road for the first time in The Shoe.

May the best team win.

-Kevin

wait, a bucks fan talking excessive home sched schmack? ;) How many home games did you guys play in '02? '03? ;)

(p.s. get me tix for the '05 matchup at the 'shoe)

Tim
10-09-04, 12:51 PM
The Badgers lose if the Buckeyes score more than 17 points. I have no confidence in Stocco at all to lead them down the field.

dando
10-09-04, 01:02 PM
wait, a bucks fan talking excessive home sched schmack? ;) How many home games did you guys play in '02? '03? ;)

(p.s. get me tix for the '05 matchup at the 'shoe)
I can't help it if teams like to come visit The Shoe. :)

My point was the Badgers haven't played on the road yet. Barry's got his usual cupcakes lined up @ home. Now we'll see if their D is for real, but considering OSU's pathetic O, maybe not. ;)

How many tix will you be needing?

-Kevin

Tim
10-09-04, 01:20 PM
They have played 1 game on the road this year in Arizona. Anthony Davis needs to score early and often. Also lets hope no ones chokes a Badger player today.

racermike
10-09-04, 04:49 PM
May I be the first to offer my condolences today.

At least my Ducks were able to score ONE touchdown against the Sooners this year.

Dave99
10-09-04, 05:32 PM
May I be the first to check him into the boards.

12-0. Suck it up tuff00 guy! :p

Sean O'Gorman
10-09-04, 05:37 PM
Everyone point and laugh at Ank.

Like this: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dave99
10-09-04, 06:49 PM
http://www.collegeshade.com/images_products/312_big.jpg http://www.collegeflagsandbanners.com/NewPhotosOct03/usclouditem.jpg http://www.collegeshade.com/images_products/312_big.jpg

Methanolandbrats
10-09-04, 07:11 PM
http://www.uwbadgers.com/photos/sport/gs/badger_bucky_gs_01_02af.jpg

nrc
10-09-04, 07:59 PM
This Buckeye team makes too many mistakes to win in Jim Tressel's system. But it still took two gifts from the officials for the Badgers to win. :p

Methanolandbrats
10-09-04, 11:09 PM
This Buckeye team makes too many mistakes to win in Jim Tressel's system. But it still took two gifts from the officials for the Badgers to win. :p Please check the scoreboard. Thank you. :p

MAXAR RE
10-09-04, 11:30 PM
http://www.nbcgraphics.com/logos/tech-logo.gif

Texas Tech Red Raiders: 70
Nebraska Cornhuskers: 10

The Raider Nation (finally) owns Nebraska!! AWESOME GAME!!

The word that will be most used in every newspaper in nebraska tomorrow: interception! Could we pick off any more passes? :D

For our next trick, we will beat UT so bad they will fall completely out of the top 25. :cool:

Welcome to Jones Stadium. :cool:

Jervis Tetch 1
10-10-04, 12:02 AM
Sorry, but I find it hard to believe those guys at USC (University of Spoiled Children to non-Angelenos) have even qualified academically.

I just feel that Pete Carroll runs a dirty program, yet I really don't have any proof...except past history when USC was hit by NCAA violations.

Ankf00
10-10-04, 05:11 AM
you know life sucks when you're hungover and it's not even last call yet...

my anus feels sore. :(

Tim
10-10-04, 12:43 PM
What the h e l l were you doing last night ank?

Ankf00
10-10-04, 06:18 PM
suffering from the after effects the annual bob stoops ravaging.

skaven
10-10-04, 08:33 PM
Ankhh - What do you think about the Spurrier to UT rumors? Any inside scoop on that?

As a Gator alum, I've always enjoyed Spurrier's wit and play style. However, the only national championship he won was with your anal ravager as defensive coordinator... that must hurt. :p

dando
10-10-04, 10:27 PM
Please check the scoreboard. Thank you. :p
Get back to us next week, m&b, after yer boyz visit the Boiler's den. :p Da Badgers got the Bucks number fer sure. Bucks had no business winning Sat, that's fer sure. I can go through a bunch of stats that lead to the Buck's demise, but, IMHO, it was amazing they were even in the game in the 4th.

Here's hoping that someday Barry gets control over his bunch so that they act like they've been there b4. That display @ the end of the game was pathetic. :shakehead BTW, two wrongs don't make a right...noting Cooper's bunch danced on the W several years ago...but not the 1st time for Barry's varmits either. As soon as the CFB bunch start emulating the NFL on a regular basis, I'll be finding another fave sport. The last thing we need is CFB teams acting like TO did @ Dallas a few years ago. :(

NOTE: I sat near the Badger faithful in The Shoe Sat (as well as '99), and our fans treated them far better than my clan was treated in back Madison in '95.

Best of luck to the Badgers for the rest of the season. Bucks are done fer sure.

-Kevin

dando
10-10-04, 10:29 PM
Bend over and grab 'em, eh? No worries, the Sun rose again today. :)

-Kevin

dando
10-10-04, 10:36 PM
They have played 1 game on the road this year in Arizona. Anthony Davis needs to score early and often. Also lets hope no ones chokes a Badger player today.
Sorry, 'nut...neglected that one...the 9-7 pain-drying affair. Hats off to Succo...I mean Stocco ;) for having a big game. His success was the key to Davis' success late.

-Kevin

Jervis Tetch 1
10-10-04, 11:36 PM
It must really suck to lose to both Oklahoma AND Iowa (Stoops is and always will be an Iowa man).

Ankf00
10-10-04, 11:44 PM
It must really suck to lose to both Oklahoma AND Iowa (Stoops is and always will be an Iowa man).
I think the folks in florida would argue with you about that, but *shrug* i have no opinion of iowa :p

"If the world does end, Oklahoma will remain virtually unchanged" -Bill Hicks

Methanolandbrats
10-10-04, 11:49 PM
"
OTE: I sat near the Badger faithful in The Shoe Sat (as well as '99), and our fans treated them far better than my clan was treated in back Madison in '95.

Best of luck to the Badgers for the rest of the season. Bucks are done fer sure.

-Kevin"

I'm a UW alum, so I have to root fer em even though I don't really like football. I worked for UPI as a photographer and visited Columbus during the Woody Hayes Era when OU stomped us 56-0 every time. Being on the sidelines of that stadium was a rush with 100k people wearing red and silver. I liked the McDonalds with the football helmet lampshades.....is that still there? When you were in Madison, did ya get drunk on State Street? :D

Tim
10-11-04, 12:45 PM
I'll just say I've been drunk on State St a number of times. :D

dando
10-13-04, 10:29 PM
"
OTE: I sat near the Badger faithful in The Shoe Sat (as well as '99), and our fans treated them far better than my clan was treated in back Madison in '95.

-Kevin"

I'm a UW alum, so I have to root fer em even though I don't really like football. I worked for UPI as a photographer and visited Columbus during the Woody Hayes Era when OU stomped us 56-0 every time. Being on the sidelines of that stadium was a rush with 100k people wearing red and silver. I liked the McDonalds with the football helmet lampshades.....is that still there? When you were in Madison, did ya get drunk on State Street? :D
The McDs is still there, but it's been updated a few times since Woody departed.

I visitied Madison many a time while my mom lived there (since retired to Hilton Head - talk about another universe!), but I only ventured into the Camp that one time. Those fans do know how to drink, eh? State Street is a blast, but not nearly as good as 6th St. in Austin. Dotty Dumplings has the arguably the best burgers anywhere.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-14-04, 12:01 AM
kev, 2 tix please :D

skaven: every school has spurrier rumors, UNC's delusional enough to think mack's gonna leave to be their AD next year and they think spurrier would like to be no place else but chapel hill :rofl:

i always liked spurrier, watching his fun n gun is the polar opposite of watching Greg Davis' Prevent Offense. But unless we lose to aggy, mack stays for a 6th year of futility. Yankees are Pedro's daddy as Stoops is Texas' daddy.

The AD is happy with 66,000 season tickets, record revenues, and one of the largest athletic budgets in the country. So boosters are happy, AD is happy, and Mack stays, and spurrier goes to lead UNC to ACC fame ;)

skaven
10-14-04, 12:24 AM
:D Yeah, Spurrier would get to be crushed by FSU and Miami every year if he goes to UNC.

I was looking at a Gator forum the other day. One guy wants to hire Stoops as head coach (which would help your cause) and bring in Spurrier as offensive coordinator... reasoning that if you pay Spurrier enough, he'd be content being a QB coach making $3M a year. If that happens, they might as well bring in Butch Davis as defensive coordinator once he gets fired from Cleveland. :laugh:

Jervis Tetch 1
10-14-04, 12:26 AM
I think the folks in florida would argue with you about that, but *shrug* i have no opinion of iowa :p

"If the world does end, Oklahoma will remain virtually unchanged" -Bill Hicks
Sorry, but the Florida fans have no argument as Stoops is an always will be an Iowa man, Class of 83.

You may not have an opinion on Iowa and that's cool, but your opinion on Oklahoma could lead to serious mental health issues for you in the future, since obviously Texas can't win.

It's not healthy man and it's startling in its crudity, but I understand it.

CART T. Katz
10-14-04, 01:01 AM
THE monster game of the year:

louisville

miami

FEAR THE CARDINALS
http://ctkatz.trybalink.net/lou-99.gif

(and i mean that in all seriousness. those ex 7thg'ers may remember that i predicted that louisville would beat fsu 2 years ago. the louisville cardinals are on a collision course with the national championship. the only variable is time.)

Ankf00
10-14-04, 03:20 PM
Sorry, but the Florida fans have no argument as Stoops is an always will be an Iowa man, Class of 83.

You may not have an opinion on Iowa and that's cool, but your opinion on Oklahoma could lead to serious mental health issues for you in the future, since obviously Texas can't win.

It's not healthy man and it's startling in its crudity, but I understand it.

darrel royal was a sooner but everyone remembers him for coaching the 'horns, and he's involved with UT's program not OU's, to the rest of the country stoops is switzer without the cheating, once he's done with a few more MNC's, it'll be the same for him as Royal

Ankf00
10-14-04, 03:21 PM
being in a fetal position the second weekend of october every year probably qualifies as a long term health problem

Dave99
10-14-04, 11:02 PM
Maybe that's why your ass hurts, Ankf00. :cry:

Jervis Tetch 1
10-14-04, 11:36 PM
THE monster game of the year:

louisville

miami

FEAR THE CARDINALS
http://ctkatz.trybalink.net/lou-99.gif

(and i mean that in all seriousness. those ex 7thg'ers may remember that i predicted that louisville would beat fsu 2 years ago. the louisville cardinals are on a collision course with the national championship. the only variable is time.)Man, that WAS a monster game! I was flipping back and forth between that and the other Cardinals' game. I was pulling for Louisville to beat the 'Canes just like they did Florida State a few years ago.

Louisville is not just known for basketball anymore. I'm a believer.

CART T. Katz
10-14-04, 11:47 PM
someone please hand me a bottle of jack. maybe 2.
i right now am beside myself. louisville had that game WON if they stopped miami once in the second half. :(

this hurts worse than game 7 of the 2003 nlcs.
:cry:

Ankf00
10-14-04, 11:53 PM
someone please hand me a bottle of jack. maybe 2.
i right now am beside myself. louisville had that game WON if they stopped miami once in the second half. :(

this hurts worse than game 7 of the 2003 nlcs.
:cry:

don't worry buddy, I have plenty left over from last weekend, share the wealth I say

dando
10-15-04, 12:44 PM
Think John L. Smith regrets leaving Louisville for MSU now?

-Kevin

dando
10-15-04, 12:48 PM
kev, 2 tix please :D

OK. I'm going to request a favor from some good friends of mine, so you may owe me for the return trip in '06. :) Tix were damn near impossible to find @ the beginning of this season, but now it shouldn't be hard to find 'em for the rest of the season. :shakehead

-Kevin