PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a bra...

Sean O'Gorman
10-08-04, 11:10 AM
...when you can just spray bedliner all over your $30,000 car?

http://www.virginialinex.com/mazda/Mazdafront.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/bigtire/10-06-04002.jpg

I've had it with the ever increasing number of rock chips all over the front of my car! This Road Rash from highway driving looks so bad I've decided to do something about it.

I looked into having the front repainted ($1350), but it will only get peppered with chips again in a few weeks. So I am going to have a line-x bra sprayed on the front of my car (96 E320)! You know, the same stuff they use to spray bedliners in trucks. I have seen it done on a couple of cars and it really looks good. The best part is I will not have to worry about those pesky rock chips any more.

Let me know what you think.

Excluding the ricer brigade for a second, this has to be the most absurd thing I've ever seen done to a car. :shakehead

Ziggy
10-08-04, 11:38 AM
Why didn't they at least get it the same color as the car?

it's expensive, but that stuff makes great undercoat when restoring a car

Audi_A4
10-08-04, 11:52 AM
holy crap call the police, someone raped those cars

Methanolandbrats
10-08-04, 11:55 AM
Gotta be photoshop. What are the odds of two owners being that f'n stupid?

RacinM3
10-08-04, 12:33 PM
If that's real, haven't those morons ever heard of clear bras?

Michaelhatesfans
10-08-04, 12:36 PM
I haven't seen anything that ugly since the early 90's when a couple of Russian aircraft workers sprayed their cars in radar absorbant material to avoid speeding tickets.

Ankf00
10-08-04, 12:39 PM
I haven't seen anything that ugly since the early 90's when a couple of Russian aircraft workers sprayed their cars in radar absorbant material to avoid speeding tickets.

hah! greatness!

Dave99
10-08-04, 01:34 PM
Those forward thinkers should spray that liner-in-a-can onto their windshields to prevent that from getting pitted too. :gomer:

RichK
10-08-04, 01:41 PM
Y'all are a bunch of haters. Can't you see that by protecting the paint from rock chips, their resale values will be much higher?

Michaelhatesfans
10-08-04, 02:25 PM
Y'all are a bunch of haters. Can't you see that by protecting the paint from rock chips, their resale values will be much higher?
Yep. Same with the other bras. Look, not a single rock chip - oh, yeah that - that's where the paint oxodized around the bra so that the front 1/3 of the car is a darker color, don't mind that...

IlliniRacer
10-08-04, 05:12 PM
Up to this point I have always been opposed to Capital Punishment. I believe its time to rethink my views ;)

JoeBob
10-08-04, 05:37 PM
More views of the Mazda - it's more than just a bra!

http://www.virginialinex.com/mazda/Mazdasideview.jpg
http://www.virginialinex.com/mazda/Mazdabra.jpg

They seem proud of their work too: http://www.virginialinex.com/mazda/index.html

seattime
10-08-04, 06:51 PM
If I had the cash it might be funny to buy some old rice rocket, put some crazy rims, tailpie and body kit and then cover the entire car in that junk. Of course I would then have take to import drags and shows and claim that the coating is an aerospace sharkskin surface designed to reduce the drag coefficient like olympic swimmers in their special outfits.

I wonder if I could start a trend to make them look more ridiculous than they do now.

Sean O'Gorman
10-08-04, 06:52 PM
All you have to do is say it is JDM and they'll all have it the next day.

Methanolandbrats
10-08-04, 07:01 PM
That car is begging for a hailstorm to put it out of it's misery.

Rob
10-08-04, 07:49 PM
What a disappointment. The only boobs in this thread are the guys who own these cars.

Dave99
10-08-04, 07:53 PM
Be honest now, Rob. You had $611.00 and were ready to spend it on a pair of OU/UT tickets and an underwire, weren'tcha? :D

Cam
10-08-04, 08:04 PM
What a disappointment. The only boobs in this thread are the guys who own these cars.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dave99
10-09-04, 12:25 PM
:o

fourrunner
10-09-04, 12:49 PM
Gotta be photoshop. What are the odds of two owners being that f'n stupid?

Hmmm .... Remember the IRL ... a lot more than 2 owners over there ! ;)

I just stopped driving behing Gravel Trucks ... Stopped my front end chipping and it didn't cost a cent!

But I don't really think I could do something that permanent to my car

devilmaster
10-09-04, 01:05 PM
Maybe i'm wrong, but you'd have to assume those 2 cars shown were the owners of linex or family members......

Steve

Sean O'Gorman
10-09-04, 01:31 PM
The Mercedes wasn't.

And what is the big deal about paint chips anyway? I've never gotten any either of my car from regular road conditions. Its just the getting trapped behind those damn gravel trucks on I-77 that keep cracking and chipping my windshields. :mad:

oddlycalm
10-09-04, 03:03 PM
I wonder if I could start a trend to make them look more ridiculous than they do now.

I think that would be a tall order considering what I've seen at the various ricer chronicle sites. :D What's depressing though is that even when these morons eventually move up market to nice rides they seem to have no compunction about ruining those cars as well with a bunch of tacked on rubbish. :shakehead

oc

devilmaster
10-09-04, 03:51 PM
Personally, I don't like the look of it, but hey, its not my vehicle. I've seen people put tonneau covers on their Ram trucks and then add a spoiler that would make a Superbird envious.

They say money can't buy happiness, but i've never been able to test that theory for myself.

Steve

Clown
10-10-04, 09:16 AM
I would rather have every square millimeter of paint stone-chipped off my car, than have one of those abominations :shakehead

4wheeldrifter
10-11-04, 08:08 AM
Lessee. You're tired of little paint chips making your front end look ugly, so instead you cut to the chase and make the whole front end look like it went headfirst into the business end of a outhouse?

That's about right.

Methanolandbrats
10-11-04, 08:17 AM
Worrying about stone chips is silly. If a car is not covered with gravel rash and the shoulders of the tires are'nt knocked off, it is'nt being used correctly.

oddlycalm
10-11-04, 03:03 PM
This treatment should be marketed by the folks that sell the plastic covers for furniture and mattresses. Anyone that would sit or sleep on plastic for years so their furniture would always look new is a natural for this... :D

This could cut the other way as well. Spray on bedliner would be the ultimate solution for protecting mom's nice furniture from messy spills and wear and tear... :rofl:

oc