PDA

View Full Version : IRL promotion at CART miami race

Methanol1
02-18-03, 05:46 PM
That's right. Just got done looking at AR1.com and there were pictures of an IRL music stage with other promotions during lunch hour in Miami at the fountain area of the CART race there.

I couldn't believe it either when I first saw that. :mad:

patm
02-18-03, 11:44 PM
hey were good too! See our CART drivers...won't you be my neighbor.

The promoter and Pook must of got quite a chuckle when they saw the application from the earl to rent space.

If I were Pook I'd put some kiosks around the venue for Barber Dodge, Toyota Atlantics and the Kart stars. Then I'd start making announcements about supporting the lower rungs of the ladder. Be sure and visit the various kiosks and displays to learn about these up and coming drivers. :D

patm

RTKar
02-18-03, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by patm
hey were good too! See our CART drivers...won't you be my neighbor.

The promoter and Pook must of got quite a chuckle when they saw the application from the earl to rent space.

If I were Pook I'd put some kiosks around the venue for Barber Dodge, Toyota Atlantics and the Kart stars. Then I'd start making announcements about supporting the lower rungs of the ladder. Be sure and visit the various kiosks and displays to learn about these up and coming drivers. :D

patm

Great idea, then hire a bunch of super models to hang out in front of all the CART series kiosks and hire some.... well ...no so super models to hang out at the earl promotion.

nrc
02-19-03, 12:20 AM
Am I misunderstanding this? If my impression is correct, what the IRL did a promotion for their upcoming race which just happened to take place in the same location as the CART race, not that they did this during the actual CART weekend. If that's correct then this really isn't CART related.

pchall
02-19-03, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by nrc
... this really isn't CART related.

and the same topic is much funnier over here (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=597)

patm
02-19-03, 12:39 AM
Am I misunderstanding this?

dang I hate when this happens. I didn't read close enough and thought they'd put this up in St. Pete. Oh well.

So what's all this business about Sax and Violins...

Nevermind

patm:gomer: