PDA

View Full Version : Earnhardt Jr. penalized for cursing in the post race interview.

devilmaster
10-05-04, 12:11 PM
He took the points lead at Talladega, then lost it.

25 points and 10 grand.

story (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcmM5ZG1iBF9TAzk1ODYyNzYwBHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=ap-nascar-earnhardtpenalty&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Steve

pchall
10-05-04, 12:13 PM

25 points and 10 grand.

story (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcmM5ZG1iBF9TAzk1ODYyNzYwBHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=ap-nascar-earnhardtpenalty&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Steve

LOL. Did they check his plate, too?

OH. Those are NASCAR issued.

Brickman
10-05-04, 12:27 PM

25 points and 10 grand.

Steve

Oh my God. NASCAR is consistant when it comes to cursing fines.

Jr in March said. "I don't think you should get out of the car and cuss, but I'm as guilty as anybody," Earnhardt said. "There is a time when you've got to sit down and remember there are kids watching. You forget. In the moment, that's not what you're thinking about. You're thinking about what's making you mad. You want to vent and you can get out of hand."

Methanolandbrats
10-05-04, 12:29 PM
If Cab Racing was an actual sport, it would worth being upset about. I guess NASCAR should be praised for consistancy of stupidity.

Turn7
10-05-04, 12:31 PM
What did he say? Did he sling out a Fbomb?

Brickman
10-05-04, 12:45 PM

"It don't mean S*** right now," Earnhardt Jr. said when asked what it meant to have won at the 2.66-mile track for the fifth time. "Daddy won here 10 times."

Wheel-Nut
10-05-04, 12:45 PM

Asked Sunday by NASCAR broadcaster NBC about the significance of his fifth victory at Talladega, Earnhardt said, "It don't mean s--- right now. Daddy's won here 10 times."

Methanolandbrats
10-05-04, 12:48 PM
Asked Sunday by NASCAR broadcaster NBC about the significance of his fifth victory at Talladega, Earnhardt said, "It don't mean s--- right now. Daddy's won here 10 times."

That is a horrible thing to say. Imagine the millions of young crackers who heard that and now need counseling. I'm sure none of them ever heard their daddy or Uncle Tiny say that.

cart7
10-05-04, 12:53 PM
Too bad Daddy didn't show up to stuff a gag in his mouth and save his points, I guess he only crosses over to this side to pull him from flaming sports cars. :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
10-05-04, 01:03 PM
Too bad Daddy didn't show up to stuff a gag in his mouth and save his points, I guess he only crosses over to this side to pull him from flaming sports cars. :gomer: Good point. Perhaps Junior should call a press conference and swear he was possessed and did not have control of his speech.

Ziggy
10-05-04, 01:16 PM
cart7, that was great :)

FTG
10-05-04, 01:57 PM
Guess we no longer need to worry about PT going to NASCAR.

Methanolandbrats
10-05-04, 02:45 PM
Guess we no longer need to worry about PT going to NASCAR. Might end up with a minus sign in front of his points total :)

JoeBob
10-05-04, 02:53 PM
There is no truth to the rumors that he was docked another 25 points after giving an honest answer to the question, "What do you think about the penalty?"

Brickman
10-05-04, 03:16 PM
You know if they didn't dock him that the press would have had a field day that they were leaning over backwards just like NASCAR did when he passed under the yellow last year. They had no choice.

CART T. Katz
10-05-04, 03:26 PM
i guess the only good thing about nascar's"popularity" is that they are forced to be consistant in their penalties. one of the sauters iirc was fined the same amount and docked the same penalties for the same thing. i heard on jim rome's show today that he couldn't believe that they would do something like that to junior.

nascar fans may not like this new, fairer version of winstonERRRRRRRRRnextel cup racing. if it helps wane their popularity, i'm all for it. :gomer:

IlliniRacer
10-05-04, 04:04 PM
Might end up with a minus sign in front of his points total :)

. . .and still finish higher in the points than Larry Foyt.

Racewriter
10-05-04, 04:27 PM
Now, wait a minute. Where are all the guys that said NASCAR would "fix" the Chase so Jr. would win? :rolleyes:

nrc
10-05-04, 04:46 PM
Now, wait a minute. Where are all the guys that said NASCAR would "fix" the Chase so Jr. would win? :rolleyes:

I don't care one way or the other. But it would seem a bit too obvious to "fix" it by blatantly disregarding their previous actions on this subject. Doesn't a "fix" imply something clandestine?

TKGAngel
10-05-04, 07:05 PM
Too bad Daddy didn't show up to stuff a gag in his mouth and save his points, I guess he only crosses over to this side to pull him from flaming sports cars. :gomer:

I smell a new diecast...push a button on the car, and Junior cusses.

Mr. Vengeance
10-05-04, 07:09 PM
Is 25 points actually going to make a difference? Don't they get something like 12,000 points for finishing 36th?

Wabbit
10-05-04, 07:34 PM

Limited edition with only 10,000,000 made.

fourrunner
10-05-04, 07:39 PM
I Love this Phony Puritanical "ethic" we Americans use to make us look Holy !

These are folks who have their way with their sisters just to practice before they date & marry their first cousins!

Any kid whose dad watches NASCAR has watched his Dad work on the car on blocks in the back yard, using more variety & inflection of curse words than even exist!

NASCAR is just a version of semi controlled Road Rage!

Hell, Dale didn't even use the word in anger !

I'm guessing we're just protecting the kids in New Jersey, where they don't hear that sort of language!

We're a Nutty Bunch! ;)

Audi_A4
10-05-04, 08:49 PM
he needs to take some English lessons ... http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/history.htm or maybe some ebonics lessons .... http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/ebonics.htm

RTKar
10-05-04, 09:07 PM

Naa...that'll be a Little E clock, a different cuss word every hour on the hour.....ORIGINALLY $69.95...now on Home Shopping TV, only $29.95, MAKES A GREAT GIFT...

Jervis Tetch 1
10-05-04, 09:51 PM
he needs to take some English lessons ... http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/history.htm or maybe some ebonics lessons .... http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/ebonics.htm
Kind of hard to teach a hillbilly to be articulate.

redmist
10-05-04, 10:58 PM
given what nascar has become, this was probably all in the script. jr. gets docked points by the man,fights to overcome the adversity and becomes the champ. a legend is born, and chicken bucket collectors the world over, rise as one, and scream from the rooftops. ;)

Rogue Leader
10-05-04, 11:09 PM
boy wont they have egg on their face if Jr loses by less than 25 points!

Michaelhatesfans
10-06-04, 12:54 AM
Hey, screw NASCAR, where are those hypocrites at the FCC???

4wheeldrifter
10-06-04, 08:21 AM
Naa...that'll be a Little E clock, a different cuss word every hour on the hour.....ORIGINALLY $69.95...now on Home Shopping TV, only $29.95, MAKES A GREAT GIFT...

Home Shopping TV will even pull the "Made in China" sticker off the back of it before sending it to you. :thumbup:

Skater_36
10-06-04, 08:32 AM

It will make a perfect replacement for the singing fish plaque they have hanging in the family room. :gomer:

RTKar
10-06-04, 06:13 PM
...I'm guessing it's not so much that Nascar found his verbage offensive and want to punish him, I think it's a convenient way for them to keep NASCAR and the points race on the front page.

Ankf00
10-06-04, 06:17 PM
I Love this Phony Puritanical "ethic" we Americans use to make us look Holy !

These are folks who have their way with their sisters just to practice before they date & marry their first cousins!

Any kid whose dad watches NASCAR has watched his Dad work on the car on blocks in the back yard, using more variety & inflection of curse words than even exist!

NASCAR is just a version of semi controlled Road Rage!

Hell, Dale didn't even use the word in anger !

I'm guessing we're just protecting the kids in New Jersey, where they don't hear that sort of language!

We're a Nutty Bunch! ;)

so you're saying north carolina has many deep ties to oklahoma? I see... it's all coming together now.

jcollins28
10-06-04, 07:52 PM
Riddle me this, How is it that a driver who gets caught saying on his radio that he going to wreck someone and pulls it off by not only wrecking that driver but two others as well gets of easier then a guy who says *****? I mean you would think that a premeditaded act of revenge would be a bit more serious then a curse word.

Dave99
10-06-04, 09:20 PM
I may be wrong but I don't think the FCC gives a sh¡t if a driver takes three other drivers out by contact, even if it's premeditaded and announced over the radio.

CART T. Katz
10-06-04, 10:16 PM
I may be wrong but I don't think the FCC gives a sh¡t if a driver takes three other drivers out by contact, even if it's premeditaded and announced over the radio.

mike helton says you are penalized $10,000 and 25 valbul champship ponts. :gomer:

nrc
10-08-04, 12:49 AM
Looks like the fallout from Jr's "brain malfunction" has arrived: five second delay for NASCAR broadcasts on NBC. :rolleyes:

http://sports.myway.com/news/10072004/v7639.html

Michaelhatesfans
10-08-04, 01:04 AM
Seriously, CBS was no more responsile for Janet's boob than NBC was for Junior's profanity. How does CBS get slapped for half a mil, but NBC gets off scot free???

Now, be clear which side I'm on - CBS should never have been fined. They should be rewarded for showing boobs, as far as I'm concerned. :thumbup: :D I just hate hypocricy.

Dave99
10-08-04, 01:21 AM
Aren't the networks ultimately responsible for the content they air? Isn't that why they have Standards and Practices?

For the record, I was less offended by Junior's slip than Janet's- mostly because of her's and Timberfake's backpeddling. :rolleyes:

nrc
10-08-04, 12:03 PM
Despain said on Windbag that the FCC had already said that they would exempt live sporting events from some of the language rules.

trish
10-30-04, 04:33 PM
I'm way late in posting this. Why do I rent from.... (http://www.parabolis.net/thepits/strips/10.4.04.html)

Cam
10-30-04, 05:50 PM
I'm way late in posting this. Why do I rent from.... (http://www.parabolis.net/thepits/strips/10.4.04.html)

BWWAAHAHAHAHAA!!!!! Check the last panel in this (http://www.parabolis.net/thepits/strips/10.12.04.html) one!!!! :rofl:

pchall
11-01-04, 01:03 PM
boy wont they have egg on their face if Jr loses by less than 25 points!

Hey, which is more embarrassing? Opening your hilljack trap on national tv and getting docked points or trying to squeeze 6 inches too much car into a very small space and totalling your ride?

That boy needs to learn how to parallel park.

:gomer: