PDA

View Full Version : He NEEDS to race Champ Cars

Wheel-Nut
10-05-04, 11:07 AM
Car and Driver (http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=8167)

Ziggy
10-05-04, 11:20 AM
Mentors, Patrick Bedard

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Ask "Grandpa" for more money. Maybe if Grandpa's last name was Michner it would'nt be so tough.

Welcome to the world of racing, bring your wallet

Car and Driver, they still in business? Cant wait for the review of that new Dodge Station Wagon........

Sean O'Gorman
10-05-04, 11:33 AM
Since when does anyone "need" to race in Champ Cars?

nrc
10-05-04, 11:58 AM
He's got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.

..err racing Champ car.

Anyway, it's great that he's got passion for the sport. Good luck to him.

racer2c
10-05-04, 01:50 PM
He's got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.

..err racing Champ car.

Anyway, it's great that he's got passion for the sport. Good luck to him.

More cowbell!

Nothing wrong with a guy aspiring to drive a Champ Car.

eric1
10-05-04, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=nrc]He's got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.

..err racing Champ car.

I put my pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else, only when my pants are on I make Gold records...more cowbell. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Beevis
10-05-04, 03:07 PM
He's 24 and still racing Barber Regional. . . NEXT!

FCYTravis
10-05-04, 03:11 PM
I'd rather have him in a seat than, oh, Fabio or Mazzacane or...

I don't understand the negativity toward a guy whose dream is to race Champ Car. Sure, he probably won't ever achieve it, but that's true of a lot of racers. His heart's in the right place.

Can't we save the vitriol for the w@nkers like Misheal Abbott who dream of driving around in circles in the EARL?

nrc
10-05-04, 03:16 PM
I'd rather have him in a seat than, oh, Fabio or Mazzacane or...

I don't understand the negativity toward a guy whose dream is to race Champ Car. Sure, he probably won't ever achieve it, but that's true of a lot of racers. Can't we save the vitriol for the w@nkers who dream of driving around in circles in the EARL?

I think it's great that he dreams of driving Champ car and I wish him luck. I don't see "vitriol", just amusement. You've got to expect some of that when you're talking about racing an you list Pat Bedard as a mentor.

FCYTravis
10-05-04, 03:17 PM
Good point... the only thing Pat Bedard ever achieved in a Champ Car was low earth orbit :rofl:

nrc
10-05-04, 03:19 PM
Good point... the only thing Pat Bedard ever achieved in a Champ Car was low earth orbit :rofl:

I guess maybe he admires how far ahead of his time Bedard was. :)

RTKar
10-05-04, 06:05 PM
Bedard's lucky to be alive after his stint as a big time race car driver....gotta give the kid some credit, at least he's not whining about never getting a chance...

Rogue Leader
10-05-04, 06:29 PM
He's 24 and still racing Barber Regional. . . NEXT!

So am I, sorry I didnt have parents that could buy me a kart as a kid, I had to earn my money to do it. Thanks for the vote of confidence.... jerk :thumdown:

:mad:

trish
10-05-04, 06:36 PM
I wish him lots of luck and I hope he gets a chance to prove himself.

IlliniRacer
10-05-04, 07:06 PM
I need talent

BALDERBASH!!!!
Mr. Warner,

Please forward your resume to:

Foyt Racing
19480 Stokes Road
Waller, TX 77484

fourrunner
10-05-04, 07:21 PM
Give him a little Credit .... Paul Newman was first on his list of Mentors AND
Patrick Bedard does write for Car & Driver so the guy knows how to "Shine the Apple"

Seems to me BS is the first step in acquiring sponsorship....

I kind of like the guy myself ... gets a nice "Vanity Piece" published in a Major "Classic" Automotive Publication ( I used to show up at the local pharmacy everymonth when I was a teenager back in the 60's, To buy my monthly issues of Road & Track , Car & Driver, Sports Car Graphic, and Motor Trend. After I grew out of Superman Comic Books.)

But yes, at 24 things gotta happen soon !

Easy
10-06-04, 10:23 AM
Alex Barron was still racing karts at 24 and made his F2000 debut at 25.

Memo Gidley was 24 on his F2000 debut.

Tag made his champcar debut at 27.

I don't know if this guy has any talent or not but his age won't dictate that.