PDA

View Full Version : Wait til next year.....

RTKar
10-02-04, 07:51 PM
Go Cubs....Can't blame Bartman this time.... :thumdown:

Chicago Cubs.....befuddling fans since 1908.....

IlliniRacer
10-02-04, 11:58 PM
Its going to be a long winter. :(

They may want to think about adding some middle relievers who can actually hold a lead and a closer who can actually close a game. :shakehead

devilmaster
10-03-04, 12:04 AM
*singing*

"Do they still play the blues in Chicago
When baseball season rolls around
When the snow melts away,
Do the Cubbies still play
In their ivy-covered burial ground
When I was a boy they were my pride and joy
But now they only bring fatigue
To the home of the brave
The land of the free
And the doormat of the National League."

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/poetry/po_cubs.shtml

Steve

Jervis Tetch 1
10-03-04, 12:31 AM
Its going to be a long winter. :(

They may want to think about adding some middle relievers who can actually hold a lead and a closer who can actually close a game. :shakeheadIsn't that what they needed last year?

SteveH
10-03-04, 10:34 AM
*singing*

"Do they still play the blues in Chicago
When baseball season rolls around
When the snow melts away,
Do the Cubbies still play
In their ivy-covered burial ground
When I was a boy they were my pride and joy
But now they only bring fatigue
To the home of the brave
The land of the free
And the doormat of the National League."

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/poetry/po_cubs.shtml

Steve

I was thinking of that song these last few days, especially the opening lines. Its by Steve Goodman, died of leukemia four days before the Cubs won the pennant in 1984. http://www.redpajamasrecords.com/bio.html

Ziggy
10-03-04, 10:35 AM
They dont want to win, simple as that

devilmaster
10-03-04, 11:19 AM
I was thinking of that song these last few days, especially the opening lines. Its by Steve Goodman, died of leukemia four days before the Cubs won the pennant in 1984.

He was supposed to be the national anthem singer for the first game in Chicago of the NLCS that year too.

Great singer/songwriter, I really like "A Dying Cub Fan's Last Request". First heard it on a CD my friend bought called Baseball's Greatest Hits, which is a combo of some music, interviews and such.

Steve

RTKar
10-03-04, 11:35 AM
Ahh...Steve Goodman...."City of New Orleans", one of the best songs ever written. As for the Cubs...3 million fans in a quant old park...unbelievable and another year added to the lore of futility.

CART T. Katz
10-04-04, 12:28 AM
anyone want an aging, self centered right fielder that can't hit a breaking ball low and way outside? i hear he's going cheap.

[/sarcasm]

i will gladly resign nomahhh to whatever he wants and get a serviceable right fielder than resign sosa. i honestly feel that the cubs did BETTER without him than WITH him. he really showed his true colors when he was hitting like an 8th slot hitter while still batting 3rd and 4th.

sure he hits homeruns. so did 3 other players who were more productive. please jim, do NOT resign this self serving whiner. :flame:

ps: the cards STILL suck.

IlliniRacer
10-04-04, 11:00 AM
anyone want an aging, self centered right fielder that can't hit a breaking ball low and way outside? i hear he's going cheap.

[/sarcasm]

i will gladly resign nomahhh to whatever he wants and get a serviceable right fielder than resign sosa. i honestly feel that the cubs did BETTER without him than WITH him. he really showed his true colors when he was hitting like an 8th slot hitter while still batting 3rd and 4th.

sure he hits homeruns. so did 3 other players who were more productive. please jim, do NOT resign this self serving whiner. :flame:

ps: the cards STILL suck.

Agree on all parts. Go 'Stros

This quote sums it all up:

"It was embarrassing walking out on the field today. We won, but big deal," Maddux said Sunday after getting the victory for the Chicago Cubs in their 10-8 victory over the NL East-champion Braves.