PDA

View Full Version : college football 10/2/04

Ankf00
10-02-04, 10:06 AM
And finally the creampuffs are off of broadcast tv!

Auburn at Tennessee, Gawgia LSU, and Crocs vs Piggies, fun in the SEC yay!
Purdue vs domergomers.

Okies go visit Playstation U and the bears come to austin.

http://espn.starwave.com/i/ncaa/clubhouses/logos/239.gif
Fear The Bear.

Jervis Tetch 1
10-03-04, 12:37 AM
The world is back to normal at least this week. IOWA wins.

Ankf00
10-03-04, 12:57 PM
and the luckeyes finally lose!

even when NW kept scoring on them, I still was convinced the gods would give them a 1 pt win

dando
10-03-04, 10:28 PM
All is well and good in the world after ND loses big. :) Also, 2 weeds were pulled out of the top 10 this week...OSU and WVU. Bucks D was pathetic against the Mildcats. Can't allow the opposition a 60% conversion rate on 3rd down. No way, no how.

Man, those SEC showdowns sucked biggie time. :thumdown:

'horns may actually have a chance against the Boomers next weekend....ON PAPER. :p

-Kevin

dando
10-03-04, 10:50 PM
The world is back to normal at least this week. IOWA wins.
Savor it. Not a good team this season (same can be said about most of the Big 10).

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-03-04, 10:51 PM
"ladies and gentlemen, for those of you who have studied physics at some time in your lives, perhaps you recall the five fundamental forces. if not, this should serve as an important review of the subject

"why is this important to me?" you might ask. "i dont have any need for physics. im a (insert name of a job or lack thereof that does not require physics knowledge here)"

well, this upcoming weekend, this particular knowledge should be of paramount concern in all our lives. UT is playing the university of oklahoma in football in the red river shootout, and UT will need all the forces we can muster in order to overcome the forces of ou.

but back to the topic at hand, allow me to review the five fundamental forces. and yes, there are five of them

1. strong force
description: the force that holds the nucleus of atoms together
relative strength: 1
range: 10^-15 m

2. electromagnetic force
description: attraction/repulsion of charges
relative strength: 1/137
range: infinite

3. weak force
description: neutrino interaction... induces beta decay in atoms
relative strength: 10^-5
range: 10^-17 m

4. gravity
description: the attraction between two bodies
relative strength: 6x10^-39

5. ou sucks
description: ou sucks
relative strength: infinite

there is no escape from the ou sucks force. you can feel it in the ****ing andromeda galaxy, on planet x and ****. even long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, luke skywalker and his buddies could feel it. why do you think everyone on the dark side has an ou-colored light saber? we are going to feel it in dallas on saturday

on earth, there are several ways that this force manifests itself: this force has been known to insert a sooner right into bed with his sister. it has been known to shape the hair of a sooner into a mullet. it has been known to suck the teeth right out of a sooner's mouth, and turn the rest of them yellow. it has sucked numerous people into classes at the university of oklahoma, despite the fact that they had already completed 7th grade. it has also been known to spawn numerous tornadoes and ncaa sanctions. ou sucks trancends football. ou could win every football game by 1000 for the next 1000 years, and ou would still suck. only when ou ceases to exist will the ou sucks force no longer be a factor

the ou sucks force cannot be escaped. but it can be overcome, when it manifests itself in football. we have just been really ****ty at doing this in the last four years

but now it is more important than ever. nobody in this country cares about oklahoma. when you think of oklahoma, what comes to mind?

1. tornadoes
2. inbreeding
3. roadside fruit stands
4. trailer parks
5. turquoise jewelry
6. bulk cigarette shops
7. charles thompson on the cover of si for dealing cocaine (that was his name right? i get all these stupid sooners mixed up)
8. brian bosworth
9. redneck terrorists
10. redneck non-terrorists
11. jason white's hair line
12. ou sucks

which of those things would be classified as "good"? turquoise jewelry and roadside fruit stands are neutral at best. everything else is ****

how embarassing is it to get worked by a team that represents a state known for the things listed above for the last 4 years? for me, it has been ****ing terrible. 2000 was a blur. 2001 and especially 2002 were disappointing, as our conservative approach always seemed to put us in a position we didnt need to be in towards the end of the game. and last year was the absolute worst. early on, we looked like we were pretty much going to trade blows with them. theyd drive and score. wed drive and score. theyd drive and score. wed drive and fumble. theyd drive and score. wed drive and fumble. theyd drive and score. wed drive and fumble. but that wasnt the worst part. the worst part was after the game when the sooners were being nice to us. they ****ing felt sorry for us. they wouldnt even talk **** to me, as pissed off as i looked. that, i assure you, is worse than a million horns downs. i would rather get yelled at and taunted by those toothless bastards than have them feel sorry for me

i remember after the game, i was walking with my friends around the fair. i dont remember where we were going, but i was carrying a beer and i was wasted. this sooner chick bumped into me and made me drop my beer. she apologized and offered to buy me another one. i said "dont worry about it. im a longhorn, and thats what we do. we fumble."

well i dont want that **** to ****ing happen again. if we lose this game, i am going to go ****ing ape****. there is no reason for us to lose. we have plenty of talent, and coaches who know how to use it (whether or not they have the balls to use it is another story, but i do not doubt that they are at least potentially competant). we have the pissed off factor on our side. and we are not from oklahoma

this year is going to be different. it has to be. we have cedric benson, vince young, derrick johnson, rod wright, and a great o-line. they have a bunch of toothless dip****s who bonk their sisters and chew on a piece of hay while wearing overalls with nothing underneath

we are going to kick the **** out of ou "

see, not that the physics disertation isn't fantastic, but I disagree with the end, we're gonna get a mudhole stomped into us.

physics disertation (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=2837820&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=)

Jervis Tetch 1
10-03-04, 11:05 PM
Savor it. Not a good team this season (same can be said about most of the Big 10).

-Kevin
I will especially since we lost our THIRD back this year due to ACL problems. That really sucks. But I'll be happy with a winning record, which incidentally is possible.

Jervis Tetch 1
10-03-04, 11:07 PM
Hate to say it Ank, but Texas is known for losing big games. And when I think of inbreeding, I think of Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, heck, most of the South. :gomer:

Ankf00
10-03-04, 11:11 PM
Hate to say it Ank, but Texas is known for losing big games. And when I think of inbreeding, I think of Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, heck, most of the South. :gomer:

like I said, we're getting a mudhole stomped into us, difference being i'm not paying to witness it first hand this year :)

CART T. Katz
10-04-04, 01:04 AM
hurricanes...

fear the 14th
http://www.louisville.edu/~jcarti01/ncaa-lou-99.gif

/#22 with a bullet

Lizzerd
10-04-04, 01:06 AM
"ladies and gentlemen, for those of you who have studied physics at some time in your lives, perhaps you recall the five fundamental forces. if not, this should serve as an important review of the subject

"why is this important to me?" you might ask. "i dont have any need for physics. im a (insert name of a job or lack thereof that does not require physics knowledge here)"

well, this upcoming weekend, this particular knowledge should be of paramount concern in all our lives. UT is playing the university of oklahoma in football in the red river shootout, and UT will need all the forces we can muster in order to overcome the forces of ou.

but back to the topic at hand, allow me to review the five fundamental forces. and yes, there are five of them

1. strong force
description: the force that holds the nucleus of atoms together
relative strength: 1
range: 10^-15 m

2. electromagnetic force
description: attraction/repulsion of charges
relative strength: 1/137

3. weak force
description: neutrino interaction... induces beta decay in atoms
relative strength: 10^-5
range: 10^-17 m

4. gravity
description: the attraction between two bodies
relative strength: 6x10^-39

5. ou sucks
description: ou sucks
relative strength: infinite

Having taken more physics classes in college than I care to admit (BSEE), I must disagree with one point you made here, Ank. "ou" must be replaced by "irl". Other than that, you done good.

Ed_Severson
10-04-04, 09:09 AM
Saturday was a good day. :)

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/pur/galleries/m-footbl-100204/6-lg.jpg

Ankf00
10-04-04, 09:11 AM
another great comparison from the same thread:

"h+.5mv^2+mgh=E
E=mc^2
F=ma
OU=suck"

4wheeldrifter
10-04-04, 10:56 AM
Saturday was a good day. :)

[/IMG]

Actually it $ucked for this Buckeye (er, Suckeye) fan. Pathetic, pathetic, and let me reiterate for clarity, pa-the-tic. :thumdown:

Did I mention that OSU looked pathetic? :cry: