PDA

View Full Version : My favorite non racing sports are really. uh,....

EDwardo
10-02-04, 09:19 AM
My local baseball team, the KC Royals are ending the season with 100+ losses.
The Chiefs are on their way to a mediocre season.
We don't have an NHL team but I can't even watch it on tv.
I don't like pro basketball.
The Missouri tigers are overrated.

OK, end of rant.

But if the BOSS wants to lay some smackdown on me for the Chiefs and all my trash talk last year, well, bring it on.

Jervis Tetch 1
10-03-04, 12:47 AM
Just pretend the Kansas City Scouts are still in existence. I know you don't like the NBA, but also pretend the Kansas City Kings are around.

:)

cart7
10-03-04, 09:02 AM
My cousin lives in KC and she's a big Royals fan. There's nothing I like better than ribbing her about the Royals anytime we meet. You do have a nice waterfall in the outfield though. Too bad they want to tear the thing down and move it downtown. :p

Dave99
10-03-04, 04:45 PM
I know you don't like the NBA, but also pretend the Kansas City Kings are around.
* Kansas City-Omaha Kings. There's your * :D

Jervis Tetch 1
10-03-04, 11:17 PM
I remember them! Do you also remember the Capitol Bullets? :saywhat:

Dave99
10-04-04, 01:03 AM
Sure. I guess the Washington "Bullets" was too true to life for the DC area. ;)

I also remember the New Orleans Jazz, the Seattle Pilots and the San Diego Clippers, to name a few now-defunct teams.

CART T. Katz
10-04-04, 01:16 AM
my pro teams are the colorado avs and the chicago cubs.

unfortunately one team is inactive and the other team was inactive since september 15 (you pick which one is which).

but my college team is the university of louisville fighing cardinals, taking the college football scene by storm and will be ruling basketball world starting this year.

and our hockey team ain't too bad neither, despite the 15-0 blowout by the kentucky maple loafsERRRRRRRRRtoronto wildcatsERRRRRRRRRRRkentucky wildcats.

http://www.louisville.edu/~jcarti01/louisville.gif

/fear teh skating cardinal!

Dave99
10-04-04, 01:44 AM
Oops, I did it agaiiiiiiin... :o

Michaelhatesfans
10-04-04, 02:47 AM
They have non-racing sports? :eek:

That's weird.