PDA

View Full Version : Dinger on Windbag

nrc
10-01-04, 03:28 PM
AJ was on Windbag last night. As always he came off as a first class kid with a real future. Windbag tried to push him into a "dreaming of F1" speech and AJ fought him every step of the way. He said F1 isn't even on his radar screen right now and he just wants to achieve everything he set out for in Champ car before even thinking about it. Even then he says he would only be interesting in a ride capable of winning. He said that if he can win races and championships in Champ car he wouldn't be disappointed to spend his entire career there.

:thumbup:

Wingnut
10-01-04, 04:01 PM
He is a classy guy and I do admire him greatly; I think he's going to go far.

:)

mueber
10-01-04, 04:32 PM
Had to tape it. Looking forward to watching it tonight.

Steve99
10-01-04, 05:46 PM
He did a great job, even with Dave beating him with the F1 stick.

theunions
10-02-04, 09:32 PM
even with Dave beating him with the F1 stick

Which he did even in the promos, calling AJ (paraphrasing) an "F1 hopeful." :shakehead

racer2c
10-02-04, 10:27 PM
Well, at least Champ Car drivers go to F1, unlike another open wheel series in the US.

trish
10-02-04, 10:51 PM
Why anyone would want Champ Car drivers to go to F1 or any other series is beyond me. As a fan, I don't find that a selling point.

jonovision_man
10-03-04, 08:51 AM
Why anyone would want Champ Car drivers to go to F1 or any other series is beyond me. As a fan, I don't find that a selling point.

Many of us are fans of both... and a fast American in F1 is long overdue! :)

jono

trish
10-03-04, 10:09 AM
Well I follow F1, but I'd like to keep American and non-American Champ Car drivers in Champ Car. We are not a feeder series.

jonovision_man
10-03-04, 11:23 AM
Well I follow F1, but I'd like to keep American and non-American Champ Car drivers in Champ Car. We are not a feeder series.

While that's a worthy long-term goal for the series, right now I don't think there's a driver in Champcars who would turn down a chance at a reasonably competitive F1 ride...

In fact quite a few are in the series after an F1 stint gone bad, they'd still be there if they had a choice.

jono