PDA

View Full Version : Gettin Screwed at Work AGAIN!

CARTNUT
10-01-04, 01:57 PM
When I left work last Wednesday, my Assistant Mgr was inputing the schedule into the schedule manager (payroll program). As I was going to be off Thurs - Sunday for Vegas, I asked him when I was scheduled to work next. He told me 1:00 - 9:45pm on Monday (which is also what I saw written down on his handwritten schedule.) When I returned to work at 1:00pm Monday, I was surprised to learn that the schedule had been changed and I was supposed to start work at 8:00am! NOBODY bothered to call me and let me know about the schedule change! How should I handle this situation?
Shouldn't I be paid for the five hours that I missed?

'NUT :confused:

B3RACER1a
10-01-04, 03:27 PM
I would say yes you should get paid.

BTW, what scheduling program do you guys use? The boggyshop I work at needs one so bad. He just uses excel to copy paste...lol.

MAXAR RE
10-01-04, 03:31 PM
I asked him when I was scheduled to work next. He told me 1:00 - 9:45pm on Monday.

You were going on a planned vacation
The manager knew that you were going on vacation
You asked him when you would be working on Monday because you would be out of town and could not 'stop by' and check the completed schedule
This manager told you 1pm-9:45pm
Neither he, nor anyone else, called you to inform you this was different.

Base upon the above, you should not be at fault. It is this manager's fault for telling you one thing and then changing that without informing you of the changes. Had you been in town and been able to come by and check the schedule after it was posted, then the fault would have been yours, but you were out of town at a race and have tickets stubs and airline tickets (unless you drove) to prove it.

Should they compensate you for the 5 hours you missed? That is for them to decide, but I doubt they will. You should have worked the 1-9:45 shift anyway, that way you were there for the 8 hours.

I hope you get this worked out in your favor, because that sucks.

Sean O'Gorman
10-01-04, 05:50 PM
You got a three hour day, what are you complaining about? ;)

I got home from school this morning at about 9:30 with a message on my home voice mail asking if I could come into work immediately and stay until midnight. Needless to say I just pretended i never got the message. :D

B3RACER1a
10-02-04, 11:45 AM
Needless to say I just pretended i never got the message.

I like the way you think. :rofl:

Now, about that swing-line stapler.....