PDA

View Full Version : Seabass, Junky back in 2005

spinner26
10-01-04, 12:30 PM
From CCWS:

Haas confirmed he will run Bourdais and Junqueira in next year’s Champ Car World Series. “That’s the plan right now,” Haas said. “We’ll run the same two drivers, Sebastien and Bruno. I have contracts with both of them and they’re obviously happy with that.”

Haas also confirmed that he has worked through his differences with Paul Newman. “I’ll admit Paul and I had some problems. I don’t think I have to tell anyone that Paul is extremely loyal to Champ Car, probably more so than I am. But we got those issues straightened out and we’re going forward as always as Newman/Haas Racing, and we’ll continue to do that.”

Additionally, Haas confirmed that there’s substance to the rumors of the possibility of Newman/Haas running a third car next year for 2002 Champ Car champion Cristiano da Matta. “I guess there have been some rumors about Cristiano,” Haas admitted. “I’ve spoken to his agent. In fact, I had a phone call last week with Cristiano. I’ve got the highest regard for him and I don’t think what happened in Formula 1 had anything to do with his talent as a race car driver. I feel bad for him that that occurred.

In closing, Haas said he wanted to re-emphasize his positive view of the new Champ Car organization and to add a further word of thanks to his indefatigable partner.

“I want to say again that I’m pleasantly surprised that so much more progress has been made than I had imagined was possible. Also, there are good rumors we’re hearing about an improved TV package for next year and other good things that are in the wings. And you’ve got to hand it to Paul. He’s given a lot of help to Champ Car. He deserves a big round of applause.”

nrc
10-01-04, 02:09 PM
“I want to say again that I’m pleasantly surprised that so much more progress has been made than I had imagined was possible. Also, there are good rumors we’re hearing about an improved TV package for next year and other good things that are in the wings. And you’ve got to hand it to Paul. He’s given a lot of help to Champ Car. He deserves a big round of applause.”

Just deserves to be repeated.

Insomniac
10-01-04, 03:39 PM
Thank you Paul Newman! :thumbup:

G.
10-01-04, 04:26 PM
Good news! Attention: we need more good news.

Anteater
10-01-04, 09:03 PM
Happy news all around. Thanks, spinner26! :thumbup:

Wabbit
10-01-04, 11:43 PM
Another year of the Whiner

Jervis Tetch 1
10-02-04, 12:44 AM
I'd rather have Bruno the Whiner than Helio the Whiner.

Canon2292
10-09-04, 10:00 PM
Paul Newman's my man-idol. Did everyone read the article about him in the latest Motorsport?

The Dude abides.

indyfan31
10-10-04, 01:36 PM
I'd rather have Bruno the Whiner than Helio the Whiner.

Wow, talk about the lesser of two evils, I don't think I could pick.

Car-B-Q
10-10-04, 07:58 PM
I'd rather have Bruno the Whiner than Helio the Whiner.If those are my choices...I guess I'd have to go with Fogarty, Dalziel, Memo,...

Railbird
10-11-04, 06:57 AM
Whiney or not I'll take Junky over most.

Glad to have both of them back.

trish
10-11-04, 07:21 AM
I think Bruno is awesome. :)

RTKar
10-11-04, 08:21 AM
Whiny he may be, but he has excellent credentials, something the series needs to be considered a legitimate top flight racing series.

cart7
10-11-04, 08:56 AM
:thumbup: I'm still in shock that Carl had this much conversation in him.

NoDoors NoDales
10-11-04, 04:16 PM
I think Bruno is awesome. :)
Awesome at complaining

RARules
10-12-04, 06:04 AM
Awesome at complaining
Compare Junky's year with Tracy's year.
and
Junky's whine with Tracy's non-whine.

Junky needs to keep it all in perspective if he wants people to point to him as someone to be proud of.

Cart Champion
10-12-04, 09:10 PM
Whiner or not at least hes staying in ChampCar and the same goes for SeaBass (except for the whiner part).

That what we need more good news. :thumbup: