PDA

View Full Version : Funny stuff on Deep Throttle

rabbit
02-18-03, 03:14 PM
http://www.deepthrottle.com/Thoughts/03_preseason_thoughts.shtml

A sampling of 2003 predictions...
-Realizing that since it's a night race, you must therefore count the actual seats at night, Dave Reininger is seen wondering the Cleveland stands late in the evening with a flashlight.
-Six different British teams are announced during the season. All say that Johnny Herbert will be driving for them.
-Dana Brewer ... ah, never mind...
-Roberto Moreno wins a race. Roberto Moreno cries.
-A certain website will start listing the names of every citizen in China to show why it is a good idea for CART to run a race there. (That one's my favorite :laugh: )

devilmaster
02-18-03, 03:23 PM
Best one hands down:

Tony George shows up for a press conference in May with the IRL struggling to fill the 500 field, Honda and Toyota financially driving Chevy and the small teams out, and Bernie Ecclestone threatening to move the USGP away from Indy, and declares, "Yes, I bring my pacifier to work everyday."

Steve

CART2Day
02-18-03, 04:41 PM
I wonder if tony will fill the rest of the 33 cars by financing 10-12 or so out of his own slush fund, and then use TONY on the side pods of all of them like ASTJ did with Jeemy & Ryan at Spring Training :shakehead:

Dave99
02-18-03, 07:58 PM
"Ryan Hunter-Reay's name will be the most misspelled name on the Internet. "

I think Ryan's default answer to reporters should be, "I have three names. Ryan. Hunter. And Reay. Reay has an E in it. I don't care where you put it in, as long as it's there. If not, I'll have to consult a fence-climbing brazilian monkey in Indiana on proper dehyphenation for the dumbed-down masses."

DaveL
02-19-03, 01:20 AM
:thumbup: :D

I love Deepthrottle columns!