PDA

View Full Version : I Give Up

DjDrOmusic
09-30-04, 12:56 AM
My Summer of living Hell has just taken a drastic turn for the worse now that Fall has arrived. Last week I doubled over in pain, for no good reason. I knew it wasn't my appendix, that was taken out when I was 7, so a trip to the Dr. revealed....nothing out of the ordinary! As a precaution, the Doc did some tests and voila! problems with my liver. They are now checking me for hepititas, the kind you get from eating undercooked sea food. But wait there's more! I signed a contract to do comedy and play music for Terror Park, the annual haunted attraction at the Columbus Clippers stadium, and tonight I went to the stadium to check out my area and put some of my own finishing touches on things. I got there around 7 pm and went to leave at 7:15. The passenger side window of my van was shattered and they tried to steal my radio, but couldn't get it done, but they stole my wifes purse, which had her cell phone, license, checkbook, bankcard and medication in it. It also had the keys to her workplace in it. My Mom also had her purse in the van, because we were going to go shopping when I got back. They got all her identification, checks, bankcard, the only picture of my Dad that was saved from our house fire a few years ago, some loose diamonds that were going to be given to her grandchildren, and 7 four day passes to Disney World. The theives also have our house key. I called my wifes cell phone number, and a guy with a definite Somali accent answered, I asked him to please just throw the wallets over the fence at the stadium with my wife and Moms licenses.
He swore at me and turned off the phone. Yes I know, I shouldn't have had the stuff in the van, although my wife was with me, which explains her purse, but my Mom for some strange reason wanted her purse in the van so she wouldn't forget it when we went shopping. I have truly had it. If anyone is interested in a home in CBus...assume the mortgage and it's yours, I'm ready to get out. :flame:

Robstar
09-30-04, 01:37 AM
:mad: theives :mad:

:shakehead

4wheeldrifter
09-30-04, 07:48 AM
As I've thought on numerous occasions, time to move to New Zealand.

nrc
09-30-04, 11:34 AM
Very sorry to hear that your luck hasn't turned for the better, Doc. Hoping for the best with your health and that things will turn around for you.

B3RACER1a
09-30-04, 04:47 PM
The dude answered the phone? What an idiot. :eek:

Anyways, did you file a police report and all that? How'd that go? I dont know a whole lot about this, but cant the police or somebody get close to locating them with the cell phone on?

Best of luck on that and the liver problems. Hang in there.

anait
09-30-04, 05:35 PM
Doc, what a sucky time... :( I hope the police can recover your things. About the liver - hubby has that hepatitis...is it A? He had severe problems after we were first married, ended up in emergency. Doctor said that that pain (and stones) is the closest men get to experiencing labour. :eek: Hubby got lifestyle instructions from the doctor, and hasn't had any pain since. Good luck with your own journey through that stuff...

DjDrOmusic
09-30-04, 05:36 PM
Yes I filed a police report, and the officer told me that it looks like the same gang of Somalians that are ripping people off on the west side. They did request records from our cell phone provider, so maybe the idiot will get caught. I still feel like a total jerk for having this happen though.

Dave99
09-30-04, 07:03 PM
I still feel like a total jerk for having this happen though.
No reason to give up a home though.

Back in '91 I had my wallet, checkbook and mini-telephone book stolen from my locked truck by the local street gang, drug selling, punk-asses.

They had taken virtually ALL of my personal information and I felt like my life had been tuned upside down. I spent the rest of the day cancelling all my credit cards and checking accounts and it was some time before I felt like my life was back in order.

Still, to this day I've never had any problems at home related to that theft so hang in there!

Can't help you with the birthin' pains tho...sorry!

RTKar
09-30-04, 07:26 PM
Good things eventually happen to good people Doc, so hang in their, it'll turn around.

nz_climber
10-01-04, 06:49 AM
that sucks doc, hope things get better soon

and 4wheel has it right - move to nz :) maybe if enough of you move here we can get a petition going to hold a nz champcar race....

4wheeldrifter
10-01-04, 08:01 AM
that sucks doc, hope things get better soon

and 4wheel has it right - move to nz :) maybe if enough of you move here we can get a petition going to hold a nz champcar race....

Sounds good to me. You need any more fly-fishing guides? :p