PDA

View Full Version : How do I reply to this????

Anteater
09-28-04, 08:54 PM
I just received the following e-mail from a very dear friend:

"Are you going to the race in Fontana on Sunday? I won tickets from _____. I'm so excited to see an Indy race!"

:shakehead

I know I've explained to her about The Split and how I feel about the I*L, but apparently she has forgotten all this amidst the excitement of winning something. My initial reaction is to say, "No, I am not going to the race in Fontana. In fact, Hell is going to freeze over before I attend an I*L race, and if I somehow won tickets, I would burn them while chanting "FTG! FTG!"

But she is a gentle, well-meaning soul, so I can't say that. So what on earth do I say in reply? She used to attend the CART race in Cleveland, so she should know what real racing is.

Ankf00
09-28-04, 09:01 PM
I'd say follow nicole's lead and donate them to charity, but that's doing a disservice to the charity!

Methanolandbrats
09-28-04, 09:06 PM
Won tickets? All the tickets to that crap are free. If she did'nt get a red hat too, she got ripped off.

Tell her you don't care for the IRL, but you would love to meet her for lunch next week.

Opposite Lock
09-28-04, 09:20 PM
Won tickets?
Tell her you don't care for the IRL, but you would love to meet her for lunch next week.

Or, that if she could win some tickets for Surfers or Mexico, it would work better for you.

RTKar
09-28-04, 09:24 PM
Offer to take her to a play or ballet or something instead....or pray for rain.

Sean O'Gorman
09-28-04, 09:31 PM
Tell her you fear for your safety be being within the vicinity of those cars.

Rogue Leader
09-28-04, 09:46 PM
as a single guy if I was getting some action afterwards id sit through it and take one for the team (kinda like forcing your way through a chick flick!) :D

FRANKY
09-28-04, 09:58 PM
Won tickets? All the tickets to that crap are free. If she did'nt get a red hat too, she got ripped off.

You are wrong and it sounds even more foolish after the Las Vegas ticket give away.

I'd just tell her you that you don't follow that open wheel series because you don't like the founder of the series, Tony George.

JT265
09-28-04, 10:12 PM
You are wrong and it sounds even more foolish after the Las Vegas ticket give away.

I'd just tell her you that you don't follow that open wheel series because you don't like the founder of the series, Tony George.

He may be wrong, I dunno.

But he ain't FRANKY. ;)

And Rogue Leader, I don't believe Anteater is geared that way.

But you may ask her is you wish.

RTKar
09-28-04, 10:21 PM
as a single guy if I was getting some action afterwards id sit through it and take one for the team (kinda like forcing your way through a chick flick!) :D

Doesn't that go without saying?

Anteater
09-28-04, 10:33 PM
Thanks, everyone! I think I'll combine FRANKY's and Methanolandbrats' suggestions in my reply.

Rogue Leader, there's no way you could tell by my screen name, but I am a married lady. I do appreciate your input, though. :D

Methanolandbrats
09-28-04, 10:55 PM
Thanks, everyone! I think I'll combine FRANKY's and Methanolandbrats' suggestions in my reply.

Rogue Leader, there's no way you could tell by my screen name, but I am a married lady. I do appreciate your input, though. :D

Glad it helped. Hey Franck....how do you like your red hat and your free smokes?

Michaelhatesfans
09-28-04, 11:27 PM
I was wondering how you were going to field that one. :laugh:

Rogue Leader
09-28-04, 11:42 PM

Hey look everybody! A parlor trick! I can fit my ENTIRE FOOT in my mouth!!!
:D

Michaelhatesfans
09-28-04, 11:47 PM
Hey look everybody! A parlor trick! I can fit my ENTIRE FOOT in my mouth!!!
:D
And there but for the grace of God go I.

Warlock!
09-29-04, 07:03 AM
There ain't no p*ssy worth that, mah man...

Warlock!

anait
09-29-04, 10:09 AM
^^^ Aha!! We've discovered 'Lock's cut-off point!! ;) :p

FRANKY
09-29-04, 12:22 PM
Glad it helped. Hey Franck....how do you like your red hat and your free smokes?

Never have. Never did when Marlboro was doing the same in CART.

Wabbit
09-29-04, 01:48 PM
Go enjoy an afternoon with a friend.

Brickman
09-29-04, 03:35 PM
Well... you could always be ultra nice and send her a spotter's guide.

http://www.eadsgraphics.com/downloads/ICS_04_15.PDF

But I don't know how one would explain the PINK #1.

stymie
09-29-04, 03:43 PM
Well...
But I don't know how one would explain the PINK #1.

The Pink No. 1 is for support of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Dixon is carrying it for the weekend.

RichK
09-29-04, 04:00 PM
I didn't know Tomas Enge was in the earl, jeez.

oddlycalm
09-30-04, 05:03 AM
My initial reaction is to say, "No, I am not going to the race in Fontana. In fact, Hell is going to freeze over before I attend an I*L race, and if I somehow won tickets, I would burn them while chanting "FTG! FTG!"You want to be the only one here whose friends don't privately express serious concerns over their animated rants over some sort of racing split which grow louder by the year and are punctuated with liberal doses of wild eyed rage and vitriolic vulgarities...? :D

You don't do people any favors when you shelter them in my book. How do you expect her to ever experience the fulfilling rewards of blind hatred, drinking too much whiskey on a hot day, waking up with a guy named BiF that she doesn't remember, regrettable piercings that cause discomfort when she sits, chasing cars and biting tires during a full moon, exposing herself during the neighborhood kids on Halloween and winning Miss Congeniality on the Gypsy Jokers Laughlin run.....??? Oops, sorry, got a little carried away there... where were we? gomer: :o :gomer:

oc

Twisty Bits
09-30-04, 12:45 PM
Just tell her "No problem, I'd love to join you for that race, Is it OK if I'm packin heat for it? I've just gotta look for someone while I'm there." When she says no, you're all set.

pinniped
09-30-04, 03:35 PM
Tell her that she will have a great time watching a bunch of gomers drone around the track in circles making loud beefart noises. That should enthuse her.

I was offered a ticket to the same race...I don't think I could stand the boredom.

RHR_Fan
09-30-04, 11:39 PM
I'd say follow nicole's lead and donate them to charity, but that's doing a disservice to the charity!

The tickets ended up going to the guy who had the second quickest response. They still went to a happy person.

~Nicole

Anteater
10-01-04, 09:16 PM
My reply:

"Congratulations on winning the tickets! I am not going to the race, though. I don't like the Indy Racing League, and have nothing but contempt for the man in charge of it and the traitors who deserted CART to race there. Have a nice time, anyway--just don't sit too close to the catch fence or the first few rows.

It would be great to see you, though."

My friend didn't actually invite me to the race; she's taking her husband to it. But she asked if I was going, and I gave her an honest answer. Didn't get a response to my little diatribe, but we ARE going to get together for Halloween. :D

Rogue Leader, you're OK. But next time, check a member's profile before making certain assumptions. :p

oc: :rofl:

BNica
10-02-04, 05:35 PM
My reply:

"Congratulations on winning the tickets! I am not going to the race, though. I don't like the Indy Racing League, and have nothing but contempt for the man in charge of it and the traitors who deserted CART to race there. Have a nice time, anyway--just don't sit too close to the catch fence or the first few rows.

It would be great to see you, though."

My friend didn't actually invite me to the race; she's taking her husband to it. But she asked if I was going, and I gave her an honest answer. Didn't get a response to my little diatribe, but we ARE going to get together for Halloween. :D

Rogue Leader, you're OK. But next time, check a member's profile before making certain assumptions. :p

oc: :rofl:

Good for you!!!
:thumbup:

Although to be honest I was considering going to the EARL race here in Chicagoland for this one girl.

Clown
10-03-04, 12:05 AM
check a member's profileSpeaking of which:

Home Page:
http://home.earthlink.net/~rnshess/index.html

TFF :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl: