PDA

View Full Version : Lamborghini "factory" team done

Sean O'Gorman
09-28-04, 05:48 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/roadracing/13137/

G.
09-28-04, 05:57 PM
Too bad. Those are some sweet-looking rides.

B3RACER1a
09-28-04, 07:47 PM
Bummer, very nice looking car, imo. Only time you got to see them is when they were getting passed by C5's. Lack of developement (on Lambo's part sound like) killed it.

There were a few times at Road Atlanta where they were being passed by GT cars. Were they really that slow?

RichK
09-28-04, 07:51 PM
Lamborghini: "We give up faster than GM!"

How long did the 'Lamborghini Cup' last? 1 year?

How about the Lambo F1 engine?

Rogue Leader
09-28-04, 08:19 PM

It looked good when Senna tested it for them, everyone was excited.....

Then it turned out to burn more oil than Kuwait during the persian gulf war... oh and it was a dog too...

RacinM3
09-29-04, 12:10 PM
Too bad. The Lambo's were built in Germany and Audi-backed, correct? If so, I'm very surprised this is happening, what with Lambo bringing two new street cars to market in the recent past. They should be racing. Maybe there was something about this team that Audi/Lambo didn't like. They should give the cars to Champion and let them develop them.

It'll be disappointing to not see them at Laguna.

Dirty Sanchez
09-29-04, 12:14 PM
Total bummer. Glad I got to see them once. :( The team sounds committed to a return next year in GTS, which is a positive at least.

The car did need some work. The lone Lambo was limping around for the last 3-4 hours.

RichK
09-29-04, 12:29 PM
During the Petit LeMans broadcast, one of the announcers said that the Lamborghini was hampered by the rules: the rear wing size is determined by the windshield width (I think that was it). The Lambo has a funky windshield shape that prohibits the correct rear wing size for the downforce needed.

Grunschev
09-30-04, 11:33 AM

That didn't last long, did it? That was backed by Chrysler. About 10 years ago I had the pleasure of attending a presentation at the Colorado School of Mines by one of the Chrysler engineers on the Lambo F1 team. He showed a bunch of home movies and discussed many of the technical issues. Very interesting stuff.

Igor