PDA

View Full Version : Besnard to run at Surfers

nrc
09-28-04, 04:41 PM
AUSSIE CONFIRMED FOR CHAMP CAR DRIVE AT INDY
Lexmark Indy 300 General Manager James O’Brien has welcomed the news that Gold Coast driver David Besnard will campaign a Champ Car at this year’s event on the streets of Surfers Paradise from October 21-24.

Besnard will line up in a Reynard in Derrick Walker’s Walker Racing team following a three-way agreement between Walker, US-based Australian Champ Car series co-owner Kevin Kalkhoven and Gold Coast businessman Craig Gore.

The decision comes three weeks after Besnard had a successful Champ Car test session at the Firebird Raceway in Phoenix, Arizona.

http://www.indy.com.au/index.cfm?page=newsroom&id=115

Alas, I doubt that Besnard is going to show much in a Reynard, but it can't hurt. Maybe he can put a deal together for one of those Lola's Walker is hoping for next year.

The story says Josh Hunt plans on running Atlantics next season, so maybe he has some reason to be more confident in that series than the rest of us.

Interestingly, Besnard will forego the Surfers round of the V8 Supercar series to run Champ car even though some wags like to claim Champ car is now the undercard on that bill.

Robstar
09-29-04, 01:50 AM
Not this wag... ;)

But there is a serious amount of V8 fans - they're a little like I'd imagine NASCAR fans would be like... *ducks*

I'll be cheering for you Bezzy :thumbup:

Kiwifan
09-29-04, 01:52 AM
Not this wag..... ;) ;) either.

Rusty.

theunions
09-29-04, 04:21 AM
Anyone know why David's in a Walker Reynard instead of the PKV Lola originally promised to Hunt? I don't recall if any mention of this switch was made at the time Josh vacated...

RTKar
09-29-04, 06:52 AM
Speaking of Aussie drivers, I saw an Aussie kid named Clarke win a USAC heat race on dirt over here. Anyone know anything about him?

Robstar
09-29-04, 08:01 AM
Anyone know why David's in a Walker Reynard instead of the PKV Lola originally promised to Hunt? I don't recall if any mention of this switch was made at the time Josh vacated...

I wondered about that, but as far as news goes down here... nada... :rolleyes:

I was waiting for one of you lot to explain... :)

My guess is that logistically PKV couldn't make it happen - & KK wanted it desperately to happen (as did the QLD Premier BTW) so maybe a little cash changed hands & Walker made it happen - but my guesses are normally crap... :D