PDA

View Full Version : Is this what TG intended?

RacinM3
09-28-04, 10:53 AM
So the local radio stations here in LA are running a spot for the upcoming CA Speedway IRL race weekend. It starts by talking about free Saturday tickets for practice/qualifying, then the announcer gets really excited talking about the NASCAR truck race Saturday night. "NASCAR UNDER THE LIGHTS!!!", then it ends with practically an "oh, by the way, there's a race Sunday, go to your local Toyota dealer for ticket info".

Pathetic. I can't even remember if the letters "IRL" were mentioned. :gomer:

pchall
09-28-04, 11:47 AM
It sounds like USAC 1977.

The Vision™ has worked.

Winston Wolfe
09-28-04, 11:55 AM
I was just going to say that I havent heard a SINGLE worhless promotion for this event, and we are just days away from it.... but then again, I have been listening to XM radio lately..... but wait, dont they sponsor a car for that former dirt tracker, turned EARL standout, Bryan "Bull Ring" Herta from somewhere in the Midwest of Southern California ????

Gomervision v3.01a \ sect 2 \ III - or whatever :confused:

Ziggy
09-28-04, 04:40 PM
I guess C.A.R.A. is even having their season ending fund raiser, a first with the IRL set. This event has traditionally been held at the Champcar race at Fontana. Tony almost has it all, yet still has nothing.......

Joe in LA
09-29-04, 02:08 PM
You really have to hear this add to appreciate it. The announcer is doing a really lame "old west" accent and crowing about the "excitement" and the "danger". The add appears to be Toyota backed.

Steve99
10-01-04, 05:45 PM
I guess C.A.R.A. is even having their season ending fund raiser, a first with the IRL set. This event has traditionally been held at the Champcar race at Fontana.

That's too bad. Somehow I don't think CARA is going to raise as much money from the IRL crowd.