PDA

View Full Version : RM's Vegas notes

dando
09-27-04, 07:22 PM
Some doozies in here (http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/13093/).

Instead of realizing its error and putting the lineup in its logical order, Champ Car opted to do the wrong thing -- AGAIN. It's nearing 11 p.m. local time and the pack is circling behind the pace car for 12 laps at 60 mph because these clowns can't figure out who should be in front. Or maybe it's because they were going by the rule book instead of using some common sense.

There is no excuse for this kind of incompetence and it's becoming the rule rather than the exception for this group. Hell, they almost make the IRL officials look brilliant.

On top of that, back-to-back restarts are waved off to keep the fans even more confused as they made their way towards the parking lot.

:laugh: :cry: :shakehead

And confirmation of PC's move to underaCheever:

CARPENTIER TO CHEEVER

Patrick Carpentier, who started on the pole and finished third here Saturday night, will be driving for Team Cheever next year in the IRL. The 33-year-old Canadian wouldn't confirm which team but it's going to be for the Red Bull-sponsored stable and it's a two-year contract. "It's a good deal financially and a good team," he said. "I've enjoyed my time in Champ Car but I've got to do what's best for my future and nobody over here (Champ Car) seems to want me."

It's expected he'll replace Alex Barron and team with Ed Carpenter.

-Kevin

Railbird
09-27-04, 07:49 PM
On The Truth Robin said that Carp negotiated his own contract and that his manager wasn't too happy about it.

Might be something interesting there

dando
09-27-04, 08:06 PM
On The Truth Robin said that Carp negotiated his own contract and that his manager wasn't too happy about it.

Might be something interesting there

Free Red Bull? ;) (altho, I thought RB was pulling out of the EARL after this season?)

Back on the primary topic...

Perhaps instead of worrying about who's driving and which venues, we should worry about the clowns in race control? Personally, I'm sick of this s****! Someone needs to get a clue up there!!! :mad:

-Kevin

nrc
09-27-04, 10:07 PM
Golly, if Cheever was his best option those other three IRL offers must have been really quite something. :rolleyes:

Wally
09-27-04, 11:12 PM
""Golly, if Cheever was his best option those other three IRL offers must have been really quite something. ""

Thank you! I can see it now,shortly after indy and Carp's first quarter payroll checks he goes back into sleeper mode and eddie is cryin the blues. I am bored with Patreek's contract/podium motivation routine. Enjoy the wank league,oh fer suure. :shakehead

NoDoors NoDales
09-28-04, 02:24 PM
Instead of realizing its error and putting the lineup in its logical order, Champ Car opted to do the wrong thing -- AGAIN. It's nearing 11 p.m. local time and the pack is circling behind the pace car for 12 laps at 60 mph because these clowns can't figure out who should be in front. Or maybe it's because they were going by the rule book instead of using some common sense.

There is no excuse for this kind of incompetence and it's becoming the rule rather than the exception for this group. Hell, they almost make the IRL officials look brilliant.

On top of that, back-to-back restarts are waved off to keep the fans even more confused as they made their way towards the parking lot.

-Kevin

Why cant Champcar get there yellows right? I was at Toronto and It was a great race, but would have been even better if they didnt throw out so many yellows for spins, thats why there are things called local yellows. Then as I was sitting in the stands in Veags on Saturday thinking to my self...."you have go to be joking me." I think Tag did the right thing and should of had a distint advantage, but in Champcar fashion, it was screwed up.