PDA

View Full Version : Grumblings in the NASCAR Press Corps?

pchall
02-18-03, 10:15 AM
An interesting commentary out of NASCAR land:

NASCAR's opener not much to watch (http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/indexdecotis.htm)

Sample:

"In the 109-lap race, there was all of one pass for the lead (no, Michael Waltrip passing pole-sitter Jeff Green on the first lap doesn't count). And if that doesn't finally wake NASCAR up to the fact that it has a problem, what will?

"NASCAR's racing stinks."

mnkywrch
02-18-03, 10:51 AM
Dutton and Poole and Mulhern have been saying that for ages.

It may stink but it's not stopping the fans from watching - either in person or on TV.

RaceGrrl
02-18-03, 12:26 PM
Yeah, and many of those same fans think big time rasslin' is real too.

JLMannin
02-18-03, 12:41 PM
In the week before the race, I was watching the local NBC news. They ran a report (presumably a network feed) interviewing a dumpy white woman. She said that "Goin' to this race will show them terrorists I ain't scared of them. It's a patriotic thang" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The superspeedway races have been boring for four or five years. It's nice to see some journalists actually notice that.

Napoleon
02-18-03, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by JLMannin
She said that "Goin' to this race will show them terrorists I ain't scared of them.

I am sure Osama is running up the white flag right now.

JT265
02-18-03, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
I am sure Osama is running up the white flag right now.

Nappy, if Osama has the "sphericals" to take on one of those typical Nascar "babes", I would find it hard to call him a coward. :laugh:

oddlycalm
02-19-03, 07:53 PM
See what happens when it rains on the buffet table and them guys is forced to watch what's happening on the track...? Bet the caterer got fired for this one...;)