PDA

View Full Version : Hey, that was actually a race

Hard Driver
09-27-04, 09:01 AM
Ferrari still won, but at least we got to see some drama in figuring out who was going to win. One of the better races in a while. I also like the track. :thumbup:

cart7
09-27-04, 09:53 AM
That track lent itself to passing. Pretty decent race with the guys actually racing each other. :thumbup:

Winston Wolfe
09-27-04, 12:37 PM
I thought the track looked great on the telly, and when the cars hit the two long straights, they were going over 200 MPH on one of them.... which is nice.

I also thought the first turn sequence was GREAT, with it switching back and going downhill, and such..... Race was most enjoyable to watch, and there was some decent passing, with the back of the field, and even some doubt as to who may actually win, with Butt-macher at the rear of the field.

All in all, a pretty decent F1 race for a change....

Sean O'Gorman
09-27-04, 01:40 PM
Yeah, that was a good one, especially if you don't cheer for World Champions. :)

pchall
09-27-04, 03:58 PM
It sounded like the usual guff on the Beeb radio.

RichK
09-27-04, 04:05 PM
Good race, but I agree with David Hobbs about the track: $250mil and they can't make one decent high speed turn? It (like Malaysia) seems like an infield road course to me.

Rogue Leader
09-27-04, 05:51 PM
While the track is no Spa, I did find it enjoyable to watch, the race was good, and I really like that first/second turn setup. Glad to see JV back in a car, interesting to see the kinks in Schumi's armor, and Felippe Massa showed he has a pair of balls for a small part of the race....

tllips
09-28-04, 08:09 AM
It seemed to me that Reubens allowed JV and Webber to pass him just before taking the checkered flag. I figured it was so that they could fight it out for one more lap, but the final standings showed that they were both one lap down. None of the announcers mentioned this.

Was I dreaming? Or did they pass him just after the finish line?

I thought it was a cool gesture on Reubens' part if, in fact, it happened.

denith
09-29-04, 10:08 PM
It seemed to me that Reubens allowed JV and Webber to pass him just before taking the checkered flag. I figured it was so that they could fight it out for one more lap, but the final standings showed that they were both one lap down. None of the announcers mentioned this.

Was I dreaming? Or did they pass him just after the finish line?

I thought it was a cool gesture on Reubens' part if, in fact, it happened.

I thought so too, then I realised the finish line was like right off the corner, which sucks.

FTG
09-29-04, 10:10 PM
Took you a long time to make it over here Denith. Too busy dodging hurricanes?

denith
09-29-04, 10:20 PM
Took you a long time to make it over here Denith. Too busy dodging hurricanes?

Well, that and never really browsed here.