PDA

View Full Version : Carpentier to irl...

RTKar
09-25-04, 07:27 PM
A done deal according to Miller on SpeedNews. :thumdown:

GOFAST1
09-25-04, 09:18 PM
Adios.

nrc
09-25-04, 10:25 PM
Adios.

No it's, "Take off".

I'd rather see him stay in the series but I can't blame Forsythe. He has given Carpentier plenty of opportunty and he only seems to fullfull his potential when he's looking for a contract.

Jervis Tetch 1
09-25-04, 10:31 PM
No it's "Take off, eh?"

JoeBob
09-25-04, 10:37 PM
Word I got was that he was in serious discussions with Cheever. Apparently, they're going to take Underachieving to the next level.

RTKar
09-25-04, 11:27 PM
Word I got was that he was in serious discussions with Cheever. Apparently, they're going to take Underachieving to the next level.

Miller mentioned Cheever, Ganasssi, and Penske.

anait
09-26-04, 12:11 AM
This well and truly sucks. I don't care what anyone says about performing only when under contract pressure, whatever...it still sucks. :thumdown:

Ziggy
09-26-04, 09:44 AM
As if going to the IRL is not dumb enough, gaining employment with Cheesers is double dumb.

He is Canadian however............

Joelski
09-26-04, 09:55 AM
Grater, meet hoser, eh?

Dr. Corkski
09-26-04, 01:05 PM
Too bad race winners now days who don't have the Corona money to buy rides have to resort to taking a check from Cheeser. :rolleyes:

Maybe Smashdolfo can get mommy and daddy to buy up the rest of the field so he can finally win something. :gomer:

pineapple
09-26-04, 01:13 PM
What a trio PC, Eddie and Ed will make. Just not sure at the moment if it'll be Keystone, Stooges, Magi, Musketeers or what.

Is Eddie being forced to hire PC in order to obtain some French Canadian sponsorship?

RTKar
09-26-04, 02:49 PM
Could this move be the omen of an irl inroad in Canada ? :eek:

rocketdocket
09-26-04, 03:08 PM
Pimpski will be dumping Horish, and he needs someone who knows what a right turn looks like.

Carp, I wish you well, and especially that you don't break your back or neck.

The series is "geared" just for that kind of "action".

TravelGal
09-26-04, 08:40 PM
Too bad race winners now days who don't have the Corona money to buy rides have to resort to taking a check from Cheeser. :rolleyes:

Maybe Smashdolfo can get mommy and daddy to buy up the rest of the field so he can finally win something. :gomer:

Fourth last night. Not so bad now he has something to drive. Fashionable to lambaste the lad but let's give him second year with a decent car before we conclude he can't perform.

And, oh, buh bye Carp. Ya gotta do what ha gotta do, eh? :gomer:

rabbit
09-26-04, 09:40 PM
:(

RTKar
09-26-04, 09:44 PM
.....something of a of a "Carpe per diem" I guess...Sieze the money.

PopOffValve
09-26-04, 10:12 PM
This horrible news. He was one of the most likeable and charismatic drivers in the circuit. I can't blame him going though, and yet he seems to perform only when his job is in jeopardy so I can understand Forsythe not signing him again (unless there is some other reason I don't know about).

Good luck in the IRL, but no one, not even Tracy, will make me follow the IRL.

Railbird
09-26-04, 10:18 PM
This isn't about Carp anyway, TG is just waving the checkbook around to get in good with Carp's manager.

If it was about Carp Im sure it would involve a better outfit than TG's "house team".

"Fire that 'murican so I can talk to that Canuck's manager"

Dr. Corkski
09-27-04, 12:14 AM
Fourth last night. Not so bad now he has something to drive. Fashionable to lambaste the lad but let's give him second year with a decent car before we conclude he can't perform.

And, oh, buh bye Carp. Ya gotta do what ha gotta do, eh? :gomer:Make that fourth last night with crapwagon style racing. He should be the one going to drive crapwagons for that wanker Cheeser.

Chiphead_Dave
09-27-04, 04:37 AM
Carp leaves :thumdown:

Junkie stays :thumdown:

We get screwed either way

cart7
09-27-04, 07:37 AM
Carpie needs to be careful over there. Any victory jogs draped in checkers is liable to draw more than just a chuckle from a couple of his driver peers. ;)

mueber
09-27-04, 09:11 AM
Actually, Newman-Haas could do themselves, and everybody else, a favor by getting rid of Brunno and hiring Patreek.

pchall
09-27-04, 11:13 AM
What a trio PC, Eddie and Ed will make. Just not sure at the moment if it'll be Keystone, Stooges, Magi, Musketeers or what.

Is Eddie being forced to hire PC in order to obtain some French Canadian sponsorship?

Bombardier is already on the Pagoda at that small piece of hell SW of Monument Circle. It is far more likely that the plan was to snag the Champcar driver most likely to do well on road/street/oval courses without barfing on Tony's loafers during the trophy presentations -- afterall, that is the New Vision™.

stymie
09-27-04, 01:50 PM
Bombardier is already on the Pagoda at that small piece of hell SW of Monument Circle. It is far more likely that the plan was to snag the Champcar driver most likely to do well on road/street/oval courses without barfing on Tony's loafers during the trophy presentations -- afterall, that is the New Vision™.
Actually it is NW of Monument Circle ;)

pineapple
09-27-04, 04:36 PM

Hmm. rumors are now that Carp's hiring is at the request of Mecachrome, who just happens to be a technical partner of Team Cheever.

Skater_36
09-27-04, 05:10 PM
Hmm. rumors are now that Carp's hiring is at the request of Mecachrome, who just happens to be a technical partner of Team Cheever.

Team Cheever has a technical partner?! I'd say Team Cheever mirrors the accomplishments of it's founders driving career...mediocre.

I'll be sorry to see Carpentier finish out his career in that league.