PDA

View Full Version : OT, The Last post

Madmaxfan2
09-25-04, 12:32 PM
The Last Post From Madmaxfan2;

I know that people get tired of lasts posts, But this one is unavoidable. I believe that my black flag has been shown, and the red one is up ahead. It has been wonderful on all my posts through the various boards. But to let you know, I kinda knew the end was in site, on the exact same day OWRS got it judgment from Judge Otte, I received information that my cancer was not in remission, and was coming back. I have fought this for 2 plus years. The strength is gone, it is time to return to God, my maker. My last Champ Car race I attended in person was the last CART race at MIS. What a day, we all knew what was up. Oddly enough, I was a hosted by Toyota, my wife got the tickets, even though I worked for Ford. As for this great sport, it has truly been awful the things it has had to endure ., since Tony decided it needed fixing 12 years ago. I hope it can straighten out. Have fun at Las Vegas, and win one AJ for Ole Madmaxfan2

Badger
09-25-04, 01:11 PM
I expected this thread to be another fed up fan ready to give up the sport, and upon opening it, I am reminded how unimportant most of our gripes really are. May God be with you and I'll think of you in my prayers.

devilmaster
09-25-04, 01:25 PM
its been fun reading your posts mate.

I'll meet ya down the road, tell them to have the guinness ready and save a barstool for me.

Steve

Eagle104
09-25-04, 02:35 PM
since first hearing about your fight awhile back, i have several times remembered you in my prayers...i won't stop now, Madmaxfan2.

God Bless you, brother. Thank you.

Eagle

Al Czervik
09-25-04, 03:05 PM
Man, don't know what to say.

May you find peace at the end of your battle.

JoeBob
09-25-04, 03:18 PM
madmaxfan2,

I'm thinking of you and your family. Thanks so much for contributing to OC and the ChampCar community.

I'll see you down the road.

pineapple
09-25-04, 03:21 PM
Madmaxfan,

I've enjoyed reading your posts, and appreciated the thought you put into them, and admired your enthusiasm for our series despite its ups and downs. Your occasional mentions of your fight encouraged me to include you in my prayers and hopes that you would win, so we'd meet at a track one day to toast your triumph.

I'm glad that you fought your battle, there is a checkered flag and a podium for you in the victory circle.

For now, I wish you a safe and peaceful journey.

~ pineapple

mapguy
09-25-04, 03:23 PM
Madmaxfan,

Hang tough. I am thinking about you. Take care buddy.

anait
09-25-04, 03:27 PM
Madmaxfan2, thanks for honouring us with your honesty and courage. I pray God gives you the strength you need, when you need it.

tllips
09-25-04, 04:01 PM
Our prayers are with you.

pchall
09-25-04, 04:07 PM
:(

I have no words.

Amanda B.'s Mom
09-25-04, 04:23 PM
YOur posts on various forums through the years have more than once brought a smile to my face.

I am glad that you are at peace with what you have been handed.

Ziggy
09-25-04, 04:49 PM
Peace be with you Madmaxfan2

God's Speed

RaceGrrl
09-25-04, 05:18 PM
There are no words, only tears. Godspeed, and peace to you and your family.

RHR_Fan
09-25-04, 05:45 PM
I'll be thinking about ya bud.

And remember to be quiet...the Catholics think they're the only ones there. ;) (I love that joke)

~Nicole

nrc
09-25-04, 06:05 PM
It has been a pleasure having you here with us. You will be missed. Peace and strength to you and your loved ones.

Enjoy every sandwich.

RTKar
09-25-04, 06:20 PM
I know in a very small way what life can be like for someone dealing with cancer, the uncertainty, the ups and the downs. How life revolves around chemo treatments, the ensuing sickness and the subsequent blood tests only to begin again a few weeks later. Michael, I don't know if that's part of your story but anyone who thinks cancer will not some day touch them, is probably mistaken. Young or old, it knows no bounds...live life to the fullest as best you can. Peace be with you my friend.

Rick

Lizzerd
09-25-04, 06:21 PM
Wow... I don't know what to say.

God Speed, max...

Old3Fan
09-25-04, 06:41 PM
Madmax it has been a pleasure reading your posts. God speed. I will be looking for you when I join the the forum up there.

pfc_m_drake
09-25-04, 09:06 PM
Like some others, I'm sort of lost for words. My thoughts and prayers for you, your family, and friends. We'll see you on down the way.

Sean O'Gorman
09-25-04, 09:11 PM
This was a post I feared having to read from you. :(

Godspeed.

JT265
09-25-04, 09:15 PM
I have no words. Prayers and Godspeed. :(

Turn7
09-25-04, 09:26 PM
I'll rejoice with you in God's paddock in due time. I pray that you and your beloved ones can continue to find simple joys for the remaining time you all have.

Rogue Leader
09-25-04, 10:33 PM
Good luck brother.... I'll win one for ya someday, I promise!

Jervis Tetch 1
09-25-04, 10:38 PM
Mad Max, I have always enjoyed your posts. You are one of the great ones.

But I have to say this, please don't just give up yet. There are some of us who believe you can still win. I'm one of them.

Always in my prayers.

JT aka Jay

Cam
09-25-04, 10:41 PM
There are no words that fit here.... :(

nz_climber
09-25-04, 10:43 PM
i too am lost for words... godspeed max

lone_groover
09-25-04, 10:50 PM
You know that we will all be sending our good thoughts, waves, vibrations, energy your way, MadGuy.

Don't give up. I'll keep hoping; keep you fond.

Lucas in NJ

Andrew Longman
09-25-04, 11:32 PM
You've brightened many a day for me. We've shared so many joys, including that last race at MIS. It hardly matters that we've never met and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Keep hope alive

Godspeed

Mike Kellner
09-25-04, 11:54 PM
You were a great contributor to the various racing fora I knew you on. I will miss you. Good luck in the next world. Hopefully we can meet up someday on the other side.

Ó«

DjDrOmusic
09-26-04, 12:43 AM
MadMaxFan 2, I will keep you in my prayers and next years Cruisin' To The Shoppe Hop for cancer research will be in your honor. May God grant you strength and peace.

Cmndr Keen
09-26-04, 01:30 AM
A perspective check of the highest order. Prayers.

cart7
09-26-04, 08:07 AM
Wasn't ready for this one. I'm without words. God speed to you and you're in my prayers.

Joelski
09-26-04, 10:04 AM
There are things in life and beyond that transcend the silliness of the split. Take comfort in knowing that you will be everywhere, know everything, and will never meet another stranger. I hope we can all meet up someday at Riverside and laugh about the times we spent on such folly. Godspeed.

Dr. Corkski
09-26-04, 12:53 PM
Godspeed. :(

rocketdocket
09-26-04, 03:09 PM
God speed.

TravelGal
09-26-04, 08:33 PM
You've brightened many a day for me. ...... It hardly matters that we've never met and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Keep hope alive

Godspeed

And that's it isn't it? We've met in the clearest way, purest way. We've met through out spirits. That will never change. As love endures so does hope. Prayers for both as your journey continues around the track and back to the paddock.

Marge

j_d
09-26-04, 09:00 PM
May God bless you and keep you; may He make His face shine upon you . . .

Godspeed; our prayers are with you and your family.

pkvracing12
09-26-04, 09:14 PM
Madmaxfan2
I havent been on this site to long but your articles and enthuasiasm on the series are great. I wish i had a chance to meat you when I was at the last cart race at MIS. Good luck and god speed
pkvracing12

rabbit
09-26-04, 09:39 PM
Thoughts andprayers for you and your family. :(

Robstar
09-26-04, 09:39 PM
Good luck :(

PopOffValve
09-26-04, 10:08 PM
thanks for being part of this community. :thumbup:

Chitowncartfreak
09-26-04, 10:12 PM
May God bless you.

Don Quixote
09-26-04, 10:47 PM
Madmaxfan2, May the glory of God shine on you for ever. God bless you.

L1P1
09-26-04, 10:51 PM
A post like this can only make one reflect. For me, especially because this is not the first time I've seen this sort of post. The first was an avid poster at the old IRACE boards who had a memoriam post done posthumously done by his bretheren. That he was an IRL fan lessened not my grief, but only made me feel as though I had lost a brother with whom I could not have shared final words - a final reconciliation.

The internet has expanded our experiences in so many ways. It has allowed people to connect in ways never before imagined. Therefore, necessarily, it has brought the good and the bad experiences of our lives on Earth somehow closer. As our world becomes ever more populous, it seems somehow so much smaller - somehow more intimate. And sometimes more terrible. I guess that's part of the cost.

But it's not a perfect medium and does not confer perfect knowledge upon the user. And so I am at a loss to urge a further fight or a resignation to one's fate. I am woefully inadequate to advise you in that regard. However, I am someone who your life has touched and am confident that, regardless of the outcome, your thoughts will live on in me and all of the other posters here and elsewhere. And from there I'm confident that our discourses will become part of the official archives which almost certainly will come to constitute a large part the history of our shared experience.

I hope for the best and pray for what's right.

SteveH
09-26-04, 10:55 PM
I wish you peace, Max.

Ankf00
09-26-04, 11:06 PM
godspeed :(

FRANKY
09-27-04, 01:01 AM
You are in my thoughts, my prayers.

RaceCat
09-27-04, 01:44 AM
I can't find the words for what I'm feeling after reading this post. :( You are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for this great sport with us all over the years! May peace be with you!

RaceCat

nrc
09-27-04, 02:41 AM
At JoeBob's suggestion we have elevated MadMaxFan's title to Champion. It's a small gesture that he has more than earned.

manic mechanic
09-27-04, 02:59 AM
I thank you for all the times your words made me think. Words can not do justice to that fact. Your spirit will live on.

I believe that even though your body may be giving up on you, we will meet again someday, my friend. ;)

Hope to meet you there...If I "make the cut". :thumbup:

manic

Michaelhatesfans
09-27-04, 03:35 AM
Your bravery and your strength has not been lost upon us. :thumbup:

I logged on to rant about the race coverage. I think I'll go upstairs and watch my kids sleep for a while, instead.

We'll be thinking of you, Max.

oddlycalm
09-27-04, 08:19 AM
Thanks for doing us the honor of saying goodbye. I've enjoyed your posts, and I'm glad the forums were here for you during some tough times. You have a great spirit, and while our bodies betray us, our spirits never will.

oc

racer2c
09-27-04, 10:36 AM
My thoughts are with you. It's been an honor discussing things with you. :thumbup:

G.
09-27-04, 11:51 AM
I too, have been dreading, expecting and hoping that this post was not forthcoming. Thank you for your words, thoughts, a little slice of your life. You will be missed but not forgotten.

Put in a good word for me with the Big Guy.

Myself and my family will do the same. God speed.

Ratattack
09-27-04, 09:46 PM
I have not posted here that much, but have enjoyed your posts dude. May peace be with you and may there be a turn around so we will here from you again here. I know we will all be at Road America in the sky someday..Looking for your next post.. :) Prayers to you and your family...

IlliniRacer
09-27-04, 10:10 PM
I remember vividly when watch my grandfather, my best friend, go through this. I also remember when my prayers changed. I quick praying for his physical health and healing and began praying to God to ease his pain and for him to be at peace.

May God bless you and keep you. May His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May He look upon you with great favor. . . and grant you peace.

Hard Driver
09-27-04, 10:38 PM
I'm so sorry to read about your sickness. Unfortunately, nobody in the history of the world has been able to get around the fact that all beginnings also have ends. And all ends are a new begining. I like the re-incarnation philosophy myself. I sometimes think I was a race car driver in a previous life. Maybe you can be the ChampCar or F1 World Champion next time around. We all fear the end, but what is interesting is the interviews I have seen with people who have had "near death" experiences, talk about a very peaceful place and seem to no longer have the same fear as the rest of us do.

chop456
09-27-04, 10:56 PM
Peace and Godspeed, brother.

FanofMario
09-27-04, 11:30 PM
Peace be with you!

formulaben
09-27-04, 11:58 PM
Our prayers are with you. Don't give up! Godspeed.

girlsRfast2
09-28-04, 11:40 AM
Here I sit, crying futile tears over someone I never met...guess that's how it is with forums. This fellow race fan wishes you, MadMaxFan, the smoothest and most painless transition to your new destiny.

Kristine

Dvdb
09-28-04, 11:47 AM
peace

B3RACER1a
09-28-04, 11:47 AM
My thoughts and prayers with you and your family, MM.

Godspeed

Anteater
09-28-04, 08:35 PM
Wishing you comfort, strength, and peace, Madmaxfan2; you will remain in my prayers. Godspeed.

BNica
09-28-04, 09:22 PM
I have enjoyed your posts here and in other places. God speed, and may you find peace, and your family comfort. :(

Wally
09-28-04, 10:01 PM
MMF Thank you for sharing your time and thoughts with us over the years.......it will truly be a our loss.
Godspeed brave one.

tomahawk
09-28-04, 10:52 PM
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

:tomahawk

rocket
09-29-04, 07:09 AM
Take care.......we'll see you down the road.

Dirty Sanchez
09-29-04, 12:26 PM
I read this 3 or 4 days ago and still don't know what to say... other than thanks for being a part of the forum. :thumbup:

spirit_of_99
09-29-04, 05:03 PM
Please don't give up. Godspeed.