PDA

View Full Version : Sam is a Sham

Jervis Tetch 1
09-24-04, 01:54 PM
Hey, just got an E-mail from a friend of mine mired in the I*L and suffering through the Florida road "test."

It appears that poster boy Sam Hornish really is a SHAM at turning right (we all knew this).

While I can not nor will not reveal my source, I can assure you he is with one of the team's down there (not Pimpske) and said that not only was Sham 6 seconds off Dashley's pace, but he was the second slowest car out there (second only to---surprise! Mr. Ed) and he went off the course several times and was having major problems shifting.

He was also the only car (and driver) to go off course :rofl:

Now his defenders will say "He hasn't been on a road course in five years!"

Excuse me, but didn't Tony Stewart--who strictly grew up on ovals do pretty well by winning on a road course?

So much for the "Greatest American driver in open-wheel racing today."
:gomer:

Al Czervik
09-24-04, 02:04 PM
Hey, just got an E-mail from a friend of mine mired in the I*L and suffering through the Florida road "test."

It appears that poster boy Sam Hornish really is a SHAM at turning right (we all knew this).

While I can not nor will not reveal my source, I can assure you he is with one of the team's down there (not Pimpske) and said that not only was Sham 6 seconds off Dashley's pace, but he was the second slowest car out there (second only to---surprise! Mr. Ed) and he went off the course several times and was having major problems shifting.

He was also the only car (and driver) to go off course :rofl:

Now his defenders will say "He hasn't been on a road course in five years!"

Excuse me, but didn't Tony Stewart--who strictly grew up on ovals do pretty well by winning on a road course?

So much for the "Greatest American driver in open-wheel racing today."
:gomer:

And this suprises anyone how?

Fio1
09-25-04, 12:29 AM
6 seconds off the pace!?! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a flipping w*nker! He's worst then I ever imagined. He was a waste of time in FF2000 & Atlantics, but six seconds off the pace? :rofl: Comedy! I can't wait till St.Pete next season. :rolleyes:

rocketdocket
09-26-04, 03:05 PM
Hornish doesn't have any road racing credentials other than making a fool of himself on occasion, and running less than mid-pack.

My bet is that Pimpski will be dropping him like a hot Tony George promise.

And, if Pimpski thinks that having the IRL turn right is going to save this stupid series, he's lining himself up for another big, FN blunder.

jcollins28
09-26-04, 05:20 PM
Sammy will be racing tin tops in 2006 taking over for Rusty.

Racewriter
09-26-04, 07:54 PM
Sam doesn't have any oval credentials besides the IRL - and that's not saying much.

I'm betting that Penske's too smart to put Sam in NASCAR. That'll be funnier than watching him road race.

Sean O'Gorman
09-26-04, 08:21 PM
I'm betting that Penske's too smart to put Sam in NASCAR. That'll be funnier than watching him road race.

I'd imagine that both will involve equal amounts of turning right. :D

Dr. Corkski
09-27-04, 12:16 AM
Rodolfo Hornish

cart7
09-27-04, 07:45 AM
Maybe the earl will change the rules so Penske can bring in a hired gun to run the roads and streets for Hornish. Paging Memo, paging Memo. :laugh:

RobGuru
09-27-04, 01:05 PM

Nah, Sham will go to NASCAR... he'll take DNFs ride out west after she stuffs it in the wall a couple times.
:D