PDA

View Full Version : Has SpeedTV Signed To Broadcast F1?

chop456
02-18-03, 05:44 AM
They list Austrailia in their program guide for March 8th, but I don't remember hearing anything about them signing a new deal.

Last year's contract was just for the 2002 season, right?

Cam
02-18-03, 07:54 AM
According to this page (http://www.speedtv.com/programs/28/) no they haven't :shakehead

Typical last minute thing.

Cam.

Warlock!
02-18-03, 10:54 AM
I don't start worrying about it til the Sunday before the race. Ever since ESPN got hosed out of carrying it in the 11th hour a few years back (not that I was complaining, mind you... I had Speedvision as well ;) ), I realize these deals ain't done til the fat lady starts puttin' on her armor.

Don't let me down, Speed...

Winter Warlock!

RTKar
02-18-03, 08:23 PM
Who else would Bernie be in negotiations with? Outside of ESPN, I don't see anyone else carrying F1 in the states. Bernies vision is to make his series an American staple but that won't be happening without a tv deal.........and the attendance at the USGP will continue to decline.

Don Quixote
02-18-03, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by RTKar
Who else would Bernie be in negotiations with? Outside of ESPN, I don't see anyone else carrying F1 in the states. Bernies vision is to make his series an American staple but that won't be happening without a tv deal.........and the attendance at the USGP will continue to decline.
I used to get all worked up about the F1 TV deal that always seems to get worked out at the 11th hour. Now I am wondering if F1 is going to throw those several races to ABC to get their usual hackjob at the expense of serious race fans.

Tom Slick
03-02-03, 12:53 PM
From Motorsports TV

Multi-Year F1 Deal for SPEED

MotorsportsTV.com has learned that Speed Channel is about to sign an unprecedented multi-year deal with Formula One that will bring all of the 2003 races to SPEED and include the rights to broadcast some classic races. The deal is not signed yet, but a formal announcement may come early next week. (3/1)

http://www.motorsportstv.com/

devilmaster
03-02-03, 01:00 PM
Dave Despain hinted at this on his Wind Tunnel show on Friday.

Multi-year deal with F1, and he smiled and hinted that they might be able to show the USGP live.

Steve

rabbit
03-03-03, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Tom Slick
...... and include the rights to broadcast some classic races. ...... :cool:

rabbit
03-03-03, 12:17 AM
Here's this week's schedule...
Friday - Qualifying at 10:00 PM EST
Saturday - Qualifying at 1:30 AM, race at 9:30 PM EST
Sunday - Race (replay) at 8:00 PM EST
Monday - Race (replay) at 1:00 AM EST

mnkywrch
03-03-03, 07:30 AM
There's also Friday qualifying on Thursday night at 10pm.