PDA

View Full Version : MikeMordenTribute.ca

devilmaster
09-22-04, 09:38 PM
Hey all,

As most of you are aware, (from a thread about a month and a half ago) I lost one of my best friends when he committed suicide with a rifle.

In the time since, the whole group who have known him, have rallied around his brother and grandmother, and to a lesser extent, me.

Today, we took in Boo. Boo is Mike's cat, whom we've been unable to get to for over a month cause he's hid in the house from us (not surprising, considering). He is afraid of any loud sound(again, not surprising), but has started to warm up to us. I'm hoping he will be salvagable.

A few of the gang talked about and decided to start a website for Mike. In his travels with the Navy, he touched many a life, and we felt a website where everyone can go, to remember and enjoy the stories and photos, was appropriate.

With that, www.mikemordentribute.ca was created. I know none of the forum members know him, but there is a photo on that site that puts my 'Hat' photo from here to shame. When Dina Shepherd gave me that photo, she made me promise to not burn it. (i shouldn't have given in).

Anyways, although you don't know him, i hope the website (still a work in progress) shows the guy I considered one of my best friends.

Thanks
Steve

fourrunner
09-22-04, 10:24 PM
Pretty Nice Tribute Steve --- You guys who created the site are pretty loyal friends !!!
:thumbup:

RaceGrrl
09-22-04, 10:35 PM
Steve, that's a really lovely tribute. Hope you're doing ok.

anait
09-23-04, 01:42 AM
:thumbup: Great tribute, Steve. Great photos, too. Were the mess dinner photos taken on different occasions, or at one event?

Robstar
09-23-04, 02:30 AM
RIP Mike :(

Kiwifan
09-23-04, 02:51 AM
A nice gesture Steve, take care mate.

Russell.