PDA

View Full Version : Robin Miller rumors from Speed

nrc
09-21-04, 02:26 PM
A couple of open wheel tidbits from Robin Miller from Speed. Danica Patrick will test a crapwagon at Homestead this week but there are no firm plans to run her next year. The Argent money supposedly isn't enough for a full Crapwagon season. My guess is that Rahal is fishing for a bigger share of the yen-pile and dangling Danica as bait.

Now here's the funny part. Miller says that the IRL wants to run the Crapwagon Junior series on the road course as a support event for F1 at IMS next year. Oh, the humanity.

RichK
09-21-04, 02:33 PM
Now here's the funny part. Miller says that the IRL wants to run the Crapwagon Junior series on the road course as a support event for F1 at IMS next year. Oh, the humanity.

Well, that should kill off any respect for American road racers in F1.

theunions
09-21-04, 02:48 PM
The Argent money supposedly isn't enough for a full Crapwagon season.

Blattler on The Truth said it's a big step for them to go from Atlantic where he "guessed" (my words) their budget was $1 million (shouldn't he KNOW?) to doing a full primary IRL sponsorship. He didn't venture a guess on the cost of their associate sponsorship on Rice's car.

pchall
09-21-04, 03:39 PM
We don't refer to him as Booby Rahole without reason.
:shakehead

racer2c
09-21-04, 03:46 PM
What's a Danica?

Methanolandbrats
09-21-04, 04:17 PM
Ya know what, this thread sums up most of the reasons why following motorsports has become a total waste of time.

Sean O'Gorman
09-21-04, 04:45 PM
Ya know what, this thread sums up most of the reasons why following motorsports has become a total waste of time.

Yep, but I think that giving up on racing is harder than putting down a crack pipe. :eek:

JT265
09-21-04, 05:03 PM
Yep, but I think that giving up on racing is harder than putting down a crack pipe. :eek:

Indeed.
:laugh:

racer2c
09-21-04, 05:11 PM

Because of Danica "I'm Known Because I'm a Girl" Patrick and the IPS? Puleeze.

Da Matta going to the IRL is a much better reason to turn your back on motor racing, at least it is for me.

Ankf00
09-21-04, 06:33 PM
so what if she goes circling? oh the humanity, what a loss to CCWS... :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
09-21-04, 08:42 PM
Because of Danica "I'm Known Because I'm a Girl" Patrick and the IPS? Puleeze.

Da Matta going to the IRL is a much better reason to turn your back on motor racing, at least it is for me. I did'nt mean her. I meant owners like Rahole, the IPS, IPS as a "support" race for F1, Honda.......all that ####. And DaMatta's latest quote, but I guess that was another thread. Man, American Motorsports really can't get much worse than it is now. This has got to be the bottom.

nrc
09-21-04, 09:11 PM
Heck, I have no qualms about including Danica on my list of reasons to be disgusted about the state of racing. If all were right with the world Fogerty and Daziel would be moving up to Champ car and Danica would be set for a season in Indy Lights.

devilmaster
09-21-04, 09:13 PM
American Motorsports really can't get much worse than it is now. This has got to be the bottom.

Unfortunately, every time i've thought that myself, something proves me wrong and shows that they're still digging with a backhoe.

Steve

fourrunner
09-21-04, 11:13 PM
Will this mean that Sarah Fisher won't be the Prettiest Girl in the IRL anymore?

Methanolandbrats
09-21-04, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=fourrunner]Will this mean that Sarah Fisher won't be the Prettiest Girl in the IRL anymore?
She's second now. Helio has a nicer smile. Sarah goes to third, Danica might beat Helio.

Dave99
09-22-04, 01:27 AM
Will this mean that Sarah Fisher won't be the Prettiest Girl in the IRL anymore?
Prettiest Girl in the IRL??? Heck, wasn't she voted the Janis Joplin of the IRL?!

Janis aficionados know what that means, and it has nothing to do with Southern Comfort. ;)

Jervis Tetch 1
09-22-04, 10:34 AM
Prettiest Girl in the IRL??? Heck, wasn't she voted the Janis Joplin of the IRL?!

Janis aficionados know what that means, and it has nothing to do with Southern Comfort. ;)
Amen brother! :rofl:

Chaos
09-22-04, 01:42 PM
Honda will step up with the coin

theunions
09-22-04, 03:04 PM
Janis aficionados know what that means

I'm not an aficionado, let alone a fan, but I know what that means. ;)

Anyone have a copy of the Daily Toxin (my "favorite" college rag) which made that proclamation?