PDA

View Full Version : Don't do it DaMatta!!

Wheel-Nut
09-21-04, 01:51 PM
SPEEDTV (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/13010/)

Nosuchsoul
09-21-04, 02:22 PM
What's da matta with ya DaMatta? :gomer:

Seriously, the IRL? Somebody please give me five or six million to field a good team for DaMatta. I have paypal.

Fenster
09-21-04, 02:32 PM
"Written by: RACER staff"

:rolleyes:

theunions
09-21-04, 02:41 PM
Remember what he said back in '02 when asked about doing the 500 - he only has a few years to chase his F1 dream but many more to contemplate running Indy.

nrc
09-21-04, 03:02 PM
da Matta had some strong words about the IRL before leaving for F1, but the whoremongers at Honda and Toyota have a lot of experience paying for short memories.

jonovision_man
09-21-04, 04:02 PM
“I have no interest whatsoever in racing in Formula 1 any more,” he said, “even if it was in Michael Schumacher's place.” Asked why, da Matta said that there is “no competition at all” in grand prix racing. “Actually, I knew that before I left America,” he continued, “but I had to see it for myself.”

He knew it before, but forgot to mention it until AFTER he got fired, how convenient. :rolleyes:

Maybe he meant he's "no competition at all" for the rest of the F1 competitors? ;)

jono

Methanolandbrats
09-21-04, 04:14 PM
“I have no interest whatsoever in racing in Formula 1 any more,” he said, “even if it was in Michael Schumacher's place.” Asked why, da Matta said that there is “no competition at all” in grand prix racing. “Actually, I knew that before I left America,” he continued, “but I had to see it for myself.” Jeez, the first Yen Choked Check has barely cleared and he's already a fan of three wide "racing". Stupid little peckerwood, screw him.

Dirty Sanchez
09-21-04, 04:15 PM
Newsflash: F1 is no longer interested in da Matta.

Everybody's happy. :gomer:

Anteater
09-21-04, 04:25 PM
Back in 2002, my husband and I chatted with CdM's dad about F1 vs. Champ Car. Mr. A asked him where he personally would rather see his son racing, and he replied, "F1, because there are no ovals...he would be safer there." Based on this, I can imagine how he might feel if his kid went to the I*L! :eek: Oh please don't go there, Cristiano.

indyfan31
09-21-04, 04:27 PM
The ultimate disgrace would be if he returned to N-H and spanked Bruno AGAIN.

jonovision_man
09-21-04, 04:30 PM
The ultimate disgrace would be if he returned to N-H and spanked Bruno AGAIN.

A more likely scenario would see him looking at the back of Sebastian's McDonald's machine... :)

jono

Fenster
09-21-04, 04:42 PM
Jeez, the first Yen Choked Check has barely cleared and he's already a fan of three wide "racing". Stupid little peckerwood, screw him.

Take it easy there Meth. He's never mentioned the IRL. People are getting all up in a fuss about something RACER says? Please.

bdogg187
09-21-04, 04:56 PM
If a reunion with Newman/Haas does not come off, it is possible da Matta might find a home in the rival IRL IndyCar Series alongside his buddies Tony Kanaan and Helio Castroneves.

If? Sounds like flat out Speculation to me. I am sure Paul and Carl will gladly welcome back CDM to their team, and with the possible exception of a one-off at Indy, I dont think Crapwagons are in Christiano's future. But then again, I have been wrong before.

This is futher proof that Toyota sucks. They build a POS F1 car and then blame the drivers when they dont get results.

Anteater
09-21-04, 04:56 PM
Take it easy there Meth. He's never mentioned the IRL. People are getting all up in a fuss about something RACER says? Please.

Good point, Fenster. :thumbup:

Steve99
09-21-04, 07:29 PM

An article written by RACER staff on the SPEED website. They add so much pro-earl spin it makes me dizzy. :rofl:

Michaelhatesfans
09-21-04, 08:15 PM
Beat me to it. There isn't a single quote from Christiano even mentioning the IRL. The reference to the IRL was infered by the "writer."

cart7
09-21-04, 08:29 PM
His resume reeks of earl material.

1. Brazilian road racer.

2. Links with one of the Japanese engine manufactures that now run the earl.

If that's not enough to ensure that another deserving short tracker doesn't get a ride, his comments in the press disrespecting the irl, crapwagons and their racing in general guarantee he's a shoe in. ;)

jonovision_man
09-21-04, 09:14 PM

Does getting fired count as a "link"? :P Not so

He's been out of line every time he's openned his mouth, it got him fired and I'll be it keeps him out of a Toyota ride in the future.

jono

racer2c
09-21-04, 09:28 PM
His resume reeks of earl material.

1. Brazilian road racer.

If that's not enough to ensure that another deserving short tracker doesn't get a ride, his comments in the press disrespecting the irl, crapwagons and their racing in general guarantee he's a shoe in. ;)

Sad, but true, even if you are being facetious.

Railbird
09-21-04, 09:28 PM
He couldn't out-pace his journeyman teammate in F1.

If his return means another car on the grid, great, if not I'd rather see a new talent.

racer2c
09-21-04, 09:33 PM
Give me a break. Now Da Matta's an F1, washed up reject? Blah! He's an ex Champ Car Champ who I would love to see back in the series. He's not the only Champ Car graduate who couldn't come to grips with grooved tires and a warped chassis.

Railbird
09-21-04, 09:52 PM
No, he's not the only one, but why should I get excited about this one?

Rogue Leader
09-21-04, 11:12 PM
Hes not going to the EARL, he never said IRL at all... Just RACER/SPEED Bull**** pro-IRL speculation....

Fried
09-21-04, 11:20 PM
Does getting fired count as a "link"? :P Not so

He's been out of line every time he's openned his mouth, it got him fired and I'll be it keeps him out of a Toyota ride in the future.

jonoout of line? define that. because gascoyne says it doesn't mean it. in fact, quite the contrary given that gascoyne has uttered such gems as: "there is nothing wrong with the tf104b" and "we are evaluating panis and zonta for a race seat next year" (when all along trulli was on board)...i could go on, but you get the point. cdm was correct about the pos tf104b and gascoyne's ego couldn't handle it. and seeing that cdm has given toyota all of it's best fperformances in every ow series it races in that turns right, whose loss is it really that he never drives a toyota again? theirs or his?

Fried
09-21-04, 11:23 PM
He couldn't out-pace his journeyman teammate in F1.

If his return means another car on the grid, great, if not I'd rather see a new talent.Atlas F1 and F1Racing magazine concluded that he DID outpace hsi journeyman teammate in 2004. They both ranked him in the top 10 F1 drivers of 2004.

I guess you're somehow more enlightened. :shakehead

Fenster
09-22-04, 12:10 AM
A few points:
1. CdM has NEVER mentioned the IRL as an option.
2. He dislikes ovals.
3. Always kept a strong connection to Newman Haas (obviously)
4. Strained/fractured relationship (at best) with Toyota
5. Wants in a competitive series (unless you're in a Honda, the IRL is not a competetive series)
6. The article written by RACER staff (pro-Earl of late because of funding from TG) never quotes CdM even mentioning the IRL as option - pure speculation on writers behalf - probably Jeff Olson - IRL shill.
7. He is a CART champion - to think he's a washed up F1 driver is foolish. Champ Car would welcome him back with open arms - and should!
8. You can't believe anything you hear in the F1 media about his fallout with the team, Gascoyne, or anyone else. Furthermore, you can't believe much of what Gascoyne says either for reasons stated above. Everything is done with an agenda. Come on, you know this! Did people complain when Zanardi came back?! Geez!

jonovision_man
09-22-04, 08:15 AM
out of line? define that. because gascoyne says it doesn't mean it. in fact, quite the contrary given that gascoyne has uttered such gems as: "there is nothing wrong with the tf104b" and "we are evaluating panis and zonta for a race seat next year" (when all along trulli was on board)...i could go on, but you get the point. cdm was correct about the pos tf104b and gascoyne's ego couldn't handle it. and seeing that cdm has given toyota all of it's best fperformances in every ow series it races in that turns right, whose loss is it really that he never drives a toyota again? theirs or his?

His.

Two drivers at Toyota, both about the same pace. One gets fired before the season's out and replace by - of all people - Zonta. The other gets a permanent advisory job with the team.

It's all about how you treat people.

jono

Dirty Sanchez
09-22-04, 09:41 AM
Atlas F1 and F1Racing magazine concluded that he DID outpace hsi journeyman teammate in 2004. They both ranked him in the top 10 F1 drivers of 2004.

I guess you're somehow more enlightened. :shakeheadhaha... you're still on this da Matta kick? :thumdown:

Dude, the proof is in the pudding... he's out. Panis is being retained by the team. da Matta would have to come up with some Christian Klein-type money to even be looked at by any other F1 team.

da Matta probably had less impact on F1 than Alex Yoong.

Time to pick a new horse. ;)

Chief
09-22-04, 10:50 AM
I like the smack he was laying down in Miami about the EArL back in 2002 with Jaq Villeneuve. He shouldn't risk his cred (or his life).

racer2c
09-22-04, 01:36 PM
There's enough trained Amazonian monkey's from that other series that have and do crap on the CCWS to go around. Our ex-Champ who has never spoken a discouraging word against the CCWS deserves better, regardless of opinion of his talent. Come on back Da Matta, I'm still a fan.

Railbird
09-22-04, 05:13 PM
I guess you're somehow more enlightened.

Apparently so.

I notice no interest from other teams also.

remember what Ron Dennis had to say about the media when you are using them for a reference.

Fried
09-22-04, 10:59 PM
haha... you're still on this da Matta kick? :thumdown:

Dude, the proof is in the pudding... he's out. Panis is being retained by the team. da Matta would have to come up with some Christian Klein-type money to even be looked at by any other F1 team.

da Matta probably had less impact on F1 than Alex Yoong.

Time to pick a new horse. ;)Panis kissed Gascoyne's ass and settled for a seat. At his age, I don't blame him. A disappointing post from one as enlightened as yourself. But, hey you're a Chin fan, :gomer: so I make allowances. :D