PDA

View Full Version : Three Car Teams - Revisited

tomahawk
09-18-04, 08:31 AM
Clearly, the Jaguar / Cosworth news has created turmoil in the F1 paddock, especially for Jordan and Minardi. While I think that they would get customer engines from Mercedes and Toyota (because Bernie would tell them that they must supply them), there is speculation already regarding three car teams for 2005.

Three Car Teams - Planet F1 (http://www.planet-f1.com/features/editorial/story_17349.shtml)

While it would make the grid tighter, the prospect of an all Ferrari podium doesn't particularly excite me.

Any thoughts...

:tomahawk

FTG
09-18-04, 09:07 AM
Great. Team orders forcing two drivers to bend over for Schuie. That'll fix everything.

Michaelhatesfans
09-18-04, 11:24 AM
I was thinking of three Renaults with launch control trying to squeeze past the front row. :eek:

gjc2
09-19-04, 12:09 PM
Would all three of a team's cars have to carry the same livery? How would the constructors championship points work?

George

Tifosi24
09-19-04, 05:42 PM
The constructors title would be decided in much the same way as it is in the World Rally Championship. Before each round of the team would have to nominated two drivers to score points toward the constructors title, with the third driver only being eligible for drivers points.

Ziggy
09-20-04, 02:26 AM
Three car teams with one off drives would do wonders for flagging interest in F1. Could you imagine them doing something smart?

I wont hold my breath

tomahawk
09-21-04, 09:40 PM
Here's my attempt at a three-car team Silly Season 2005...

Ferrari: Schumacher, Rubens, Badoer(?)
McLaren: Kimi, JPM, DC
Williams: Jenson (assuming they win in court), Webber, Pizzaman
Renault: Alonso, FizziCola, Franck Montagny
BAR: Sato, Ant Davidson, Bernoldi(?)
Toyota: Ralf, Jarno, Panis (or Zonta)
Sauber: Jacques, Massa, Vitantonio Liuzzi

assumes Jaguar, Jordan and Minardi are gone...

:tomahawk