PDA

View Full Version : Sebastian to Jaguar?!

Nosuchsoul
09-15-04, 08:47 PM
Holy S!

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns13504.html

"The one chance that France has for next year is that Sebastien Bourdais could return in triumph from the United States and get a ride with one of the minor F1 teams. Bourdais is rumoured to be testing a Jaguar shortly.

The Federation Fran?aise du Sport Automobile, France's national sporting authority, helped Bourdais when he won the FIA Formula 3000 title in 2002 and has chosen the same day that Renault announced Villeneuve to highlight its support for young drivers."

Discuss..........

RTKar
09-15-04, 08:52 PM
Good for him, that's where his heart wants to be. I expected him to end up in a Renault though.

rosawendel
09-15-04, 09:03 PM
i suppose it's possible if you follow the CCWS-Cosworth-Ford food chain. good for him if he gets the test.

Ziggy
09-15-04, 09:33 PM
Hope he likes huffing fumes

That car is a sure fire career killer. Ask DaMatta how much fun it was to run in the back of F1. Please ask him Sebastian

Sean O'Gorman
09-15-04, 10:23 PM
That car is a sure fire career killer. Ask DaMatta how much fun it was to run in the back of F1. Please ask him Sebastian

The Jaguar didn't seem to kill Mark Webber's career. I think it may be a risk worth taking, i think Bourdais fits the F1 mold much better than da Matta did.

Still, I'd miss Sebastian, he is a real asset to the series.

chop456
09-15-04, 11:10 PM
"The Federation Fran?aise du Sport Automobile, France's national sporting authority, helped Bourdais when he won* the FIA Formula 3000 title in 2002 "

Sorry. I can't read it without the asterisk.

racer2c
09-16-04, 10:46 AM
... I think it may be a risk worth taking, i think Bourdais fits the F1 mold much better than da Matta did.

I think the opposite. Ever since I saw Da Matta's first on air Champ Car interview his rookie season when someone put him in the wall at some oval, I thought "this kid is perfect for F1". SB on the other hand is too "nice" for F1. Hopefully his talent will overcome his need for the "F1 Smash Mouth".

Sean O'Gorman
09-16-04, 11:00 AM
:confused:

I think the exact opposite. da Matta was too nice for F1, Bourdais seems less able to be effected negatively by emotion.

Of course, if either of us were truly experts on driver scouting, we wouldn't be sitting here debating the subject, we'd be hiring drivers. :)

jonovision_man
09-16-04, 11:56 AM
da Matta too nice for F1? They fired him largely because of his attitude!

Panis, on the other hand, gets a test role and an on-going job with the team after retirement.

jono

Nosuchsoul
09-17-04, 03:00 PM
Well, I guess not now!!! LoL :gomer: :rolleyes: :)

tantra
09-20-04, 12:21 AM
Certainly Seb won't/can't go to Jaguar.
Jag announced Fri. that they were dropping out at end of season.

BNica
09-20-04, 02:19 AM
Certainly Seb won't/can't go to Jaguar.
Jag announced Fri. that they were dropping out at end of season.

http://www.slightlywarped.com/forumpictures/mis/captainobvious.gif

B3RACER1a
09-20-04, 02:20 PM
:rofl: