PDA

View Full Version : Jacques to Sauber for 2005 & 2006!

jonovision_man
09-15-04, 08:49 AM
Wowsah!

Dirty Sanchez
09-15-04, 09:33 AM
I don't care as long as he moves over when the red cars come through... :laugh:

Massa will oVVn

indyfan31
09-15-04, 10:00 AM
So what is it, Sauber or Renault?

TrueBrit
09-15-04, 10:04 AM
It's Sauber.

Jacques is back!!!

YEEEEESSSSS!!!!

indyfan31
09-15-04, 10:11 AM
I'm confoosed, what does this mean then:

Trulli Quits Renault
Tuesday September 14th, 2004
AtlasF1.com

Italian Jarno Trulli has left Renault, with immediate effect, after the team and the driver agreed to part ways.

Renault announced earlier this evening that former World Champion Jacques Villeneuve will be testing for the team at Silverstone tomorrow and on Thursday, stating he could race for the Anglo-French team in the remaining three races.

Dirty Sanchez
09-15-04, 10:17 AM
For the short bus crowd.

Renault for the remainder of this year. Sauber for the next two years.

See? I knew ya could. ;)

Methanolandbrats
09-15-04, 10:33 AM
""Renault announced earlier this evening that former World Champion Jacques Villeneuve will be testing"" .........."testing" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Doctor
09-15-04, 10:43 AM
Where does Liuzzi go now? Ferrari tester or Sauber third driver? Perhaps Ferrari will pay Sauber to run him as the third driver. Same was mentioned as a possibility for Badoer at the beginning of the season. Liuzzi has a lot of people to learn from now. Schumacher, Barrichello, JV, and Massa (learning how not to end up at Ferrari).

jonovision_man
09-15-04, 10:48 AM
""Renault announced earlier this evening that former World Champion Jacques Villeneuve will be testing"" .........."testing" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Did you read the rest of the sentence?
"stating he could race for the Anglo-French team in the remaining three races."

He's not taking a test role, it's testing in anticipation of carrying out the season for Renault.

Followed by a 2-year contract with Sauber... racing.

jono

4wheeldrifter
09-15-04, 11:18 AM
Sauber?!? Wow. Wouldn’t have guessed that one. Will this take him to the end of his career? I’d think it’ll be close.

Maybe he realizes that until Schumi retires it doesn’t matter where he races anyway. Sad to say.

indyfan31
09-15-04, 11:26 AM
For the short bus crowd.
Renault for the remainder of this year. Sauber for the next two years.
See? I knew ya could. ;)

Well, maybe it's just my "short bus" lineage, but that's just stupid. Why on earth would hire a guy that has no familiarity with your car to drive for just 3 races when you've got a test driver that's been driving it all season. Add that to the fact that you know he's leaving at the end of the year and taking anything he learned to another team.

Aside from all this sillyness, I'm glad JV's back to racing.

IlliniRacer
09-15-04, 11:28 AM
Glad to see the Jack is back.

One question: How could he turn down rides with PDM and D&R and go racing in F1? :gomer:

jonovision_man
09-15-04, 11:36 AM
Well, maybe it's just my "short bus" lineage, but that's just stupid. Why on earth would hire a guy that has no familiarity with your car to drive for just 3 races when you've got a test driver that's been driving it all season. Add that to the fact that you know he's leaving at the end of the year and taking anything he learned to another team.

Aside from all this sillyness, I'm glad JV's back to racing.

Flavio may not have known about Sauber and could be reconsidering.

jono

Tim
09-15-04, 12:33 PM
Sounds like another one of Villeneuve's bad career moves. If no one wanted him after BAR no one will talk to him after Sauber.

jonovision_man
09-15-04, 12:36 PM
Sounds like another one of Villeneuve's bad career moves. If no one wanted him after BAR no one will talk to him after Sauber.

What ride should he have taken, when there are no open seats at Ferrari, Maclaren, Renault, or Williams... and BAR isn't returning his calls.

No choice for Jacques, I'm afraid.

jono

Railbird
09-15-04, 01:33 PM
The Sauber deal has been known for two weeks, Flav hired him for the remainder of this year figuring JV, more than anyone else available, would be motivated to run down BAR.

I kind of question the thinking, but then again, I'm not dating Nicole Kidman.

PopOffValve
09-15-04, 02:33 PM
I'm just glad he's back. He's gonna be so motivated to kick BAR's ass.

jonovision_man
09-15-04, 02:41 PM
I'm just glad he's back. He's gonna be so motivated to kick BAR's ass.

First he's gotta catch them... :)

jono

Dirty Sanchez
09-15-04, 02:53 PM
He couldn't beat one BAR last year... and now he's gonna beat two of them? :saywhat:

Yeeeeeah right! :D

indyfan31
09-15-04, 03:05 PM
I kind of question the thinking, but then again, I'm not dating Nicole Kidman.

So ...... she's available then?

Dr. Corkski
09-15-04, 03:22 PM
Great deal for both sides. At least this is going to get Sauber some more TV time aside from the time when they get when getting lapped, and now JVil will have the car to get the revenge on the Minardis that bullied him last year.

tomahawk
09-15-04, 05:22 PM
My theory is that Jacques thinks (hopes, believes, whatever) that by going to Sauber, he'll be first in line to replace Schumacher or Barrichello if/when either retire. Safe to say there are some tifosi who would like Jacques to claim his father's seat...Gilles was adored.

That said - it's obviously a long shot - but I don't believe that Jacques going to Sauber because that's what he WANTS - he hopes it's a step back in and a chance to show well.

JMVHO...

:tomahawk

formulaben
09-15-04, 06:57 PM
Peter Sauber's no dummy. JV may have some good "out" clauses, that give Mr Sauber a hefty bag of money.

RTKar
09-15-04, 07:10 PM
My theory is that Jacques thinks (hopes, believes, whatever) that by going to Sauber, he'll be first in line to replace Schumacher or Barrichello if/when either retire. Safe to say there are some tifosi who would like Jacques to claim his father's seat...Gilles was adored.That said - it's obviously a long shot - but I don't believe that Jacques going to Sauber because that's what he WANTS - he hopes it's a step back in and a chance to show well.

JMVHO...

That would be my guess too..... I'm glad he's back.

Rogue Leader
09-15-04, 07:23 PM
Hey who knows, if Sauber straightens the chassis out, and since they do have Ferrar power, maybe Jaques could pull off a miracle????

TrueBrit
09-15-04, 10:49 PM
My theory is that Jacques thinks (hopes, believes, whatever) that by going to Sauber, he'll be first in line to replace Schumacher or Barrichello if/when either retire. Safe to say there are some tifosi who would like Jacques to claim his father's seat...Gilles was adored.

That said - it's obviously a long shot - but I don't believe that Jacques going to Sauber because that's what he WANTS - he hopes it's a step back in and a chance to show well.

JMVHO...

I had the very same thought...after all what better way to keep the Tifosi happy after Buttmacher leaves, than to have the son of the most beloved Ferrari driver of all time pick up the reins...

I could dust off all of my old Ferrari gear and wear them with pride again..

chop456
09-16-04, 03:32 AM
The best thing about this is that maybe we'll get to see another choking in a driver's meeting. :p

People criticized Renault's signing of Fisichella. Those same people better be criticizing Jacques if he doesn't destroy Massa.

Methanolandbrats
09-16-04, 06:37 AM
I had the very same thought...after all what better way to keep the Tifosi happy after Buttmacher leaves, than to have the son of the most beloved Ferrari driver of all time pick up the reins...

I could dust off all of my old Ferrari gear and wear them with pride again..

Because of Jack's incredible team building and testing skills exhibited during his years at BAR, I'm sure Ferrari is eager to sign him.

jonovision_man
09-16-04, 07:46 AM
Sauber is decent, the best of the rest, and with those Ferrari power plants they have in the back they could be up there. I doubt they'll be challenging for podiums or anything, but it won't be fighting with Minardis either.

They'll probably be giving one of the Michelin top-runners some fits early in the season, anyway, with the changes.

jono

tomahawk
09-16-04, 08:58 AM
...I could dust off all of my old Ferrari gear and wear them with pride again..
:eek:

Words I never thought I'd hear you utter, TB!

Let's not get too carried away!

:rofl:

4wheeldrifter
09-17-04, 08:25 AM
People criticized Renault's signing of Fisichella. Those same people better be criticizing Jacques if he doesn't destroy Massa.

Or realize that it really is the equipment and not the butt in the equipment that makes the difference in F1. I suppose we'll find out soon enough. :thumbup:

Dirty Sanchez
09-17-04, 09:20 AM
People criticized Renault's signing of Fisichella. Those same people better be criticizing Jacques if he doesn't destroy Massa.No... the one that really makes me laugh. Jacques says he his happy to join Sauber, a team free of "politics"... hello, irony? He finds himself benefiting from a very political decision to dump Trulli mid-season. :laugh: