PDA

View Full Version : Finally. Sunday Spa.

Dirty Sanchez
09-14-04, 10:01 PM
Sorry it took me so long.

link (http://www.speedgeezers.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album68) (new pics start on page 9)

http://www.speedgeezers.com/albums/album68/spa_2004_102.jpg

RTKar
09-14-04, 10:17 PM
#94 - multiple car shots are so cool, excellent pic

#100 - I like the sense of depth

:thumbup:

Michaelhatesfans
09-14-04, 10:59 PM
YOU... ****ING... ROCK!!!

Bad ass camera aside, your timing and anticipation... :thumbup: :thumbup:

You won't be thirsty in Portland, ok? Ok. :cool:

Methanolandbrats
09-17-04, 09:18 PM
Crapus, your work is outstanding. The exposures, sharpening and contrast level is beautiful. What is your workflow in Photoshop?

Hink
09-17-04, 10:38 PM
Nice goods man - keep it up.

Dirty Sanchez
09-18-04, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the comments! :thumbup:

In photoshop, I usually do the following: resize to 100% and sharpen (depending on image) sharpen a lot, sharpen edges... depends. One tip for F1 is to use the tread on the tires. Tweak until you can see the grooves really pop out at you.

Then resize back to 25%. Crop if necessary (some of what you see in the gallery are pretty heavy crops, some aren't cropped at all) This is all dependent on what I see in the raw image and what kind of composition I'm after.

Then adjust the levels manually (really good shots need no adjustment)... I usually steer clear of the auto adjustment feature.

Then adjust color settings. I like using really small color saturation adjustments. Again, totally subjective.

Contrast is a really useful tool. It really helped my Saturday shots a lot. Helped to highlight the spray.

Add copyright.

Save for web and resize using constrained proportions. Usually keep the quality at around 60% but sometimes I crank it up to 80-90% if there is an image I really really like.

Occassionally I play around with other stuff, but this is my typical workflow. Takes a coupla minutes for each and every image. Hardest part is trying to decide what to use.