PDA

View Full Version : Robin Miller

Sean O'Gorman
09-13-04, 10:22 PM
While I don't listen to the Truth (why, I don't know), after watching him on Wind Tunnel a few minutes ago, I've come to the conclusion that Robin is the Lewis Black of motorsports. :cool:

nrc
09-13-04, 10:30 PM
A synopsis would have moved the "worthwhile content" needle off the peg. :p

dando
09-13-04, 10:48 PM
While I don't listen to the Truth (why, I don't know), after watching him on Wind Tunnel a few minutes ago, I've come to the conclusion that Robin is the Lewis Black of motorsports. :cool:
Do fill in those of us watching MNF. Regardless of what others around here think, IMHO, Robin is one of the few racing writers out there who has a clue and gives a rats @ss.

-Kevin

Jervis Tetch 1
09-13-04, 10:54 PM
Robin had a lot on his mind and said it straight without a chaser or benefit of pain killers.

I loved it.

Basically he launched a verbal assault on that idiot Brian Barnyard and of course the Idiot Racin' Losers. He also flexed his muscle (tongue that is) against a bad call in the Toyota Atlantic league and NASCAB.

I found it quite refreshing and funny.

Truer words were never spoken. Rock on Robin. :D :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
09-13-04, 11:01 PM
A synopsis would have moved the "worthwhile content" needle off the peg. :p

Uh, if you clicked on a thread started by me, and were disappointed because there was no worthwhile content, that's your own problem, you should know better by now. ;)

FRANKY
09-13-04, 11:23 PM
Robin had a lot on his mind and said it straight without a chaser or benefit of pain killers.

I loved it.

Basically he launched a verbal assault on that idiot Brian Barnyard and of course the Idiot Racin' Losers. He also flexed his muscle (tongue that is) against a bad call in the Toyota Atlantic league and NASCAB.

I found it quite refreshing and funny.

Truer words were never spoken. Rock on Robin. :D :thumbup:

But his solutions fell short.

Cam
09-13-04, 11:27 PM
But his solutions fell short.

And you propose that journo fix OW racing? Come on now! :rolleyes:

FRANKY
09-13-04, 11:37 PM
And you propose that journo fix OW racing? Come on now! :rolleyes:

Robin's idea about bringing back the handford device really would bring this crazy game of open wheel full circle. I can see it now "Accursed Handford Device Crapwagons" :shakehead

Cam
09-13-04, 11:40 PM
Robin's idea about bringing back the handford device really would bring this crazy game of open wheel full circle. I can see it now "Accursed Handford Device Crapwagons" :shakehead

How about simply take away the downforce? Then open throttle around the entire track is gone and the damn drivers skills are put back into the equation!

dando
09-14-04, 12:15 AM
How about simply take away the downforce? Then open throttle around the entire track is gone and the damn drivers skills are put back into the equation!
Uh, I thought C^RT tried that? Then everyone biatched about no passing. ?!? IMHO, OW really needs to be a package overhaul, but that will require $$$ and interested manufacturers.

-Kevin

Jervis Tetch 1
09-14-04, 12:15 AM
How about simply take away the downforce? Then open throttle around the entire track is gone and the damn drivers skills are put back into the equation!Something I honestly believe that Sam Hornish and wankers like Foytility IV, Taylor, Sharp and Lazier totally lack.

Sean O'Gorman
09-14-04, 10:44 AM
Uh, I thought C^RT tried that? Then everyone biatched about no passing. ?!? IMHO, OW really needs to be a package overhaul, but that will require $$$ and interested manufacturers.

-Kevin

IIRC, the problem was that there was just enough wing on the cars that the turbulence caused them to become incredibly tight when you'd be close enough to pass.

And I definitely agree with your last sentence. We can't keep running this package forever.

Fenster
09-14-04, 01:47 PM
What was the 'bad call in the Atlantic series' that Robin was pointing out? Not that there aren't many to choose from lately... I was just wondering which in particular?