PDA

View Full Version : The Truth

Railbird
09-13-04, 07:07 PM
It's on

after a week off it should be interesting

RTKar
09-13-04, 08:19 PM
It didn't come in too good for me but what I heard was good...hopefully Cameron will come through :D

Cam
09-13-04, 09:53 PM
Thia cap tonight is a freakin' mess! And to top it all off somehow my computer got locked up 1/2 way thru! :rolleyes:

RTKar
09-13-04, 10:33 PM
Thia cap tonight is a freakin' mess! And to top it all off somehow my computer got locked up 1/2 way thru! :rolleyes:

Bummer...thanks for trying though.

Cam
09-13-04, 11:19 PM
I managed to get about half (http://www.pccruisers.com/thegarbledmess.Sept13-04.mp3).

Disclaimer... No apologies from me for any damage done to eardrums for unexplained Pops or Crackles..... It was ugly to edit and I was listening to it from 2 different ISPs.... Same from both.... :saywhat:

Clown
09-13-04, 11:47 PM
Friggin' ESPN950 :(

(thanks :) )

Robstar
09-14-04, 12:13 AM
Thanks Cam :thumbup:

Lola_B70
09-14-04, 12:32 AM
Please, could anyone give a synopsis, cut and past the jist'. Sorry i missed it.
TY

CART T. Katz
09-14-04, 01:03 AM
half of the truth is better than none at all

Warlock!
09-14-04, 09:58 AM
I managed to get about half (http://www.pccruisers.com/thegarbledmess.Sept13-04.mp3).
Thanks, duder... :thumbup:

Walock!

Cam
09-20-04, 10:01 PM
I can't believe after all this weeks bad Ford news, no-one was waiting with baited breath for this? (http://www.pccruisers.com/thetruth.sept20-04.mp3) :saywhat:

Clown
09-20-04, 10:13 PM
:thumbup: :)

Robstar
09-20-04, 10:19 PM
Thanks ! :thumbup:

Railbird
09-20-04, 10:31 PM
can't email them when they are broadcasting remote.

The Ford question should have been asked

Cam
09-20-04, 10:44 PM
can't email them when they are broadcasting remote.

The Ford question should have been asked

Have not listened to the show yet 'bird..... Did they delve much into the subject at all? Will listen tomorrow afternoon hopefully...

formulaben
09-21-04, 01:51 PM
Thanks Cam! :D

I was having SERIOUS issues. 3 weeks of no truth...ouch! :eek:

theunions
09-21-04, 02:44 PM
Did they delve much into the subject at all?

Only to note that Ian Bisco said in his 25 years with Cosworth, they had something like five different owners, so he (Ian) isn't worried.

On another note, I think it was Jay who said (following an interview with Tom Blattler) that "they made some inroads" into buying out Danica's remaining year of her contract with Rahal (without elaborating further). I assume "they" are the Three Amigos?

Railbird
09-27-04, 04:02 PM
Don't forget

Should be a good one.

The Ford question still needs to be adressed, if they are in-studio I'll email them.

Cam
09-27-04, 10:27 PM
Don't forget

Should be a good one.

The Ford question still needs to be adressed, if they are in-studio I'll email them.

Here (http://www.pccruisers.com/thetruth.sept27-04.mp3) is my weekly civic duty...... ;)

Clown
09-27-04, 10:47 PM
Here is my weekly civic duty...... ;):GivesCamTheBoyScoutRecordingStreamingPatchThing o: :)

audi quattro
09-27-04, 11:29 PM
Who did they mention who would be a good chief steward?
I heard Al Burrows and steve christloff?
Wasn't sure if they were joking or serious.
Did anyone get that?

Sean O'Gorman
09-27-04, 11:44 PM
Did anyone get that?

I'm sure the drivers would really take a chief steward seriously if he runs out onto the track to scold you...

formulaben
09-27-04, 11:59 PM
Thanks again Cam!

Robstar
09-28-04, 12:02 AM
You rock Cam :thumbup:

theunions
09-28-04, 02:41 AM
Did anyone get that?

You sure they didn't mean "El Burro"/Steve Krisiloff?

If so, I assume they were joking.

Warlock!
09-28-04, 08:15 AM
Here (http://www.pccruisers.com/thetruth.sept27-04.mp3) is my weekly civic duty...... ;)
Damn... It's gettin' so that I'm relying on an ex-kangaroo chaser to get me thru my Tuesdays... ;)

Thanks, Cameron...

Warlock!

TedN
09-28-04, 08:45 AM

I listened in during the first hour. Robin made the comment that he favoured Krisiloff because:

- he is a hard-ass
- he doesn't care if anyone likes him or not
- he knows the rules
- he makes decisions

It sounded like Miller was serious.

Ted

Fenster
09-28-04, 02:12 PM
Thanks again, Cam.

theunions
09-28-04, 02:36 PM
I listened in during the first hour. Robin made the comment that he favoured Krisiloff because:

- he is a hard-ass
- he doesn't care if anyone likes him or not
- he knows the rules
- he makes decisions

It sounded like Miller was serious.

What about the long-standing allegations (which I've never seen documented in detail) that he was a most miserable (to officials and everyone else) stage dad when Kyle was in SCCA?

audi quattro
09-28-04, 09:27 PM

Prolly. I am not familiar with either nor do I get the inside joke.
Oh well.

Sean O'Gorman
09-28-04, 09:33 PM
Anyone want to explain the Krisiloff story for him? I don't want to for fear of screwing up some of the hilarious details.

Ziggy
09-28-04, 09:54 PM
Krissiloff is a freakin' hot head. When he had a position at the Speedway, he was a total jerk and pissed a bunch of guys (and by guys Im talking about the ones who footed the bills) off.

He would be a power hungry jerk as Chief Steward.

Steve Chassey would be a much better candidate IMO

Ziggy

Lizzerd
09-28-04, 10:15 PM
Steve Horne was mentioned a couple years ago. What's he up to these days?

JoeBob
09-28-04, 11:04 PM
I think Horne was mentioned more for the CEO job, but he'd probably make a good chief steward too.

theunions
09-29-04, 04:23 AM
Prolly. I am not familiar with either nor do I get the inside joke.
Oh well.

Listened to it today, and yes, those are indeed the correct names.

Still don't know why Robin keeps calling Steve El Burro, though.

Wally
09-29-04, 11:26 AM
As always Thanks Cam!!

Loved RMs' comment on eddie the mouth... :D

pchall
09-29-04, 02:31 PM
Steve Horne was mentioned a couple years ago. What's he up to these days?
Apparently not much.

His shop in Hilliard has been dark for ages.

Ziggy
09-30-04, 07:14 AM
El Burro is a name they gave him, cause "Tripdod" was already taken by Gordon Johncock.

Mexican Dog is also used in reference to Krissiloff, cause he is all ribs and richard

2DB
09-30-04, 10:26 AM
Ziggy,

"ribs and richard", This time of the year its always good to be politically correct.

Kelvis

pchall
09-30-04, 03:06 PM
ex-kangaroo chaser

Once they do a kiwi there is no going back... ;)

Railbird
10-04-04, 07:21 PM
late bump

pchall
10-04-04, 07:45 PM
late bump

yawn

for some reason I feel that this is not worth fully waking up from after the dinner nap

I'll rely on Cam and the Commentators to patch me through

Cam
10-04-04, 10:19 PM
Once again the stream was a little...... messed up...... :saywhat: I think I got most of it..... Linky. (http://www.pccruisers.com/thetruth.Oct4-04.mp3)

The Rnofty
10-05-04, 12:22 AM
you rule cam thanks!!!!! my stream cut in and out the whole show. i probably missed 3/4 of the show. THANKS!!!!

Sean O'Gorman
10-05-04, 12:25 AM
Hey Rnofty, any news on whether or not Kalkoven, Gentilozzi, and Forsythe are going to buy CART?

Clown
10-05-04, 02:51 AM
Thanks Cam :D

BNica
10-05-04, 03:49 AM
Thanks Cam. :thumbup:

2DB
10-05-04, 08:57 AM
The best of the show was........"We are one helicopter crash away from unification"........Priceless!

Kelvis

Chief
10-05-04, 10:09 AM
The best of the show was........"We are one helicopter crash away from unification"........Priceless!

:rofl: That is some true FUNNY sheet!!! :thumbup:

Cam
10-06-04, 11:46 PM
Just in case anyone had not had the chance to hear it. I changed the link (http://www.pccruisers.com/thetruth.Oct04-04.mp3)... Some A-Hole on TF linked MY work without attribution, using MY bandwidth for his own good. :flame:

theunions
10-07-04, 02:15 AM

While I certainly appreciate the dark humor and the historical basis behind it, I'm pretty sure the families of those USAC officials wouldn't.

formulaben
10-07-04, 04:05 AM
While I certainly appreciate the dark humor and the historical basis behind it, I'm pretty sure the families of those USAC officials wouldn't.

Wasn't he referring to team owners?

Railbird
10-07-04, 06:34 AM
There is the historical reference of Chopper Head's crash landing at Pugger Field.

There also has been one or two insanely close calls with the village idiot trying out the controls of his rich boy toy. Eye witnesses tell me ol' TG just about whacked the Pagoda while playing Sky King in the IMS copter.

The USAC crew augered in aboard a fixed wing craft unions.

Maybe you've got Shim Malone and Stevie Ray Vaughan confused.

2DB
10-07-04, 04:22 PM
Railbird,

As I was trying to come up with the proper retort up comes yours and I thought, I can't beat that so why try!

Thanks
Kelvis

Jervis Tetch 1
10-08-04, 12:15 AM
All I know is that the morons on the other forums are up in arms over the "copter crash" remark.

Robin didn't mention any names, yet these dorks are falling all over themselves saying he was alluding to TG.

Nobody but Robin really knows.

I don't wish death on anyone, not once, never ever! But I wouldn't shed a tear should the ***** lottery winner meet an untimely demise.

JMHO

RTKar
10-11-04, 08:51 PM
Miller..."Motorcycle figure 8...let's get Ganassi a ride ..." :rofl:

audi quattro
10-11-04, 10:32 PM
wheeeeeeeeeeere aaaaaaaaaaaaare you CAM????????????

Cam
10-11-04, 11:41 PM
wheeeeeeeeeeere aaaaaaaaaaaaare you CAM????????????

Sorry..... Had Technical difficulties.... Did an upgrade on my Audio editing software that was a mistake... :rolleyes:

HERE (http://www.pccruisers.com/thetruth.Oct11-04.mp3) ya go!

audi quattro
10-11-04, 11:49 PM
Sorry..... Had Technical difficulties.... Did an upgrade on my Audio editing software that was a mistake... :rolleyes: HERE (http://www.pccruisers.com/thetruth.Oct11-04.mp3) ya go!

You da man!!!!!!!
unless you are a woman, in that case..........
You da wooman!!

:-)

The Rnofty
10-11-04, 11:53 PM
Cam, you make my Mondays soooo much better. Thanks!!

Cam
10-12-04, 12:09 AM
You da man!!!!!!!
unless you are a woman, in that case..........
You da wooman!!

:-)

Last I checked. I am a male.... ;)

nrc
10-12-04, 12:26 AM
Har! After all that fun the Lemming's had with Jargon Joe's resume it turns out that their long lost PR wizard Bob Reif claimed he was the starting QB at Princeton and never played down. : :laugh:

Clown
10-12-04, 02:11 AM
Thanks Cam :)

formulaben
10-12-04, 03:50 AM
Yeah Cam, you really make my Mondays! Thanks again!

Railbird
10-18-04, 07:05 PM
bump

One hour forty five tonight

CART T. Katz
10-18-04, 07:24 PM
anyone else know why a) the stream has sucked royally the last few months b) if it's going to get fixed and c) why espn 950 is no longer listed as a shoutcast station?

Railbird
10-18-04, 07:28 PM
all I know is next week is the last show untill spring.

RTKar
10-18-04, 08:09 PM
anyone else know why a) the stream has sucked royally the last few months b) if it's going to get fixed and c) why espn 950 is no longer listed as a shoutcast station?

I'm having the same problem, the last several weeks, if not past couple months. It rarely used to cut out. I figured the problem was on my end but I guess not.... :confused:

I'll miss it over the winter though, patchy stream or not.

audi quattro
10-18-04, 10:03 PM
Could it be possibly as simple as too much demand?
It's so popular now that there is a log jam.
I think listenership is higher in Canada than the US...........
LOL!!!

Cam
10-18-04, 10:39 PM

Don't think so. I often try to listen to sportsdesk in the afternoons during the week, and it's been just as bad at cutting out and jumping around. I did do a poke around for any other streams that are using war.str3am.com and none of those seemed to be choppy.... So draw your own conclusion.

Anyway, for what it's worth, here (http://www.pccruisers.com/thetruth.Oct18-04.mp3) is this weeks chopped up mess.... :(

Audi_A4
10-18-04, 11:29 PM
It's so popular now that there is a log jam.
I think listenership is higher in Canada than the US...........
LOL!!!

dont blame us canadians .. blame dem dar eyerakiz eh

Clown
10-18-04, 11:42 PM
Fricken ESPN950 :rolleyes: - At least Robin has said they will be at a different station next year :)

And thanks Cam :D

theunions
10-19-04, 02:13 AM
Did Jay really retire from broadcasting to go into the ministry (as claimed last week)? If so, why?

nrc
10-19-04, 02:27 AM
Fricken ESPN950 :rolleyes: - At least Robin has said they will be at a different station next year :)

And thanks Cam :D

But if they're on a different station will there be a stream at all next season?

Clown
10-19-04, 03:14 AM
But if they're on a different station will there be a stream at all next season?Considering 98% of their audience listens via the net, I'm sure they'll insist upon it :thumbup:

Ziggy
10-19-04, 07:00 AM
The radio station Jay works for was sold. The new owner let the entire staff go, but kept Jay (great move, he is a wonderful radio guy) I think they made him do a non compete clause.

He's still on the radio here in town. Maybe the funniest regular radio guy I have ever heard, and have been lucky enough to listen to him for over 20 years

big race fan as well

It's a shame about the Kool 101.9 staff, as they had a great staff and an excellent program lineup. The station, and the programming, will be missed :(

Warlock!
10-19-04, 07:05 AM
Thanks again, Cam... :thumbup:

Warlock!

audi quattro
10-19-04, 11:29 PM
The best episode in a while.
I found the comments by the two guys to be exactly how I feel as a fan.
The IRL has become an old boys club where the team owners and the drivers are simply where they think is best for themselves.
They have absolutely no concern for the racing fans.
"It's just a business" is getting old as an excuse.
Racing should be a passion for winning and must be a symbiotic relationship with its fans to keep it popular and growing.
The three amigos might just know that.
While the earlers are oblivious and continue to make decisions for their own good and not the good of the series and it's fans.
My only hope is that champcar can succeed where CART failed.

theunions
10-20-04, 01:29 AM
In listening to Cam's feed towards the end...Dave mentioned something about a Vukovich book finally coming out, and Robin started to affirmatively respond when the audio cut out again...anyone know more about this? Is this the manuscript by a long-deceased writer (maybe Angelo Angelopolous) that Hungness has been sitting on for decades, or someone else's work entirely???

Skater_36
10-20-04, 08:28 AM
The IRL has become an old boys club where the team owners and the drivers are simply where they think is best for themselves.
Racing should be a passion for winning and must be a symbiotic relationship with its fans to keep it popular and growing.
While the earlers are oblivious and continue to make decisions for their own good and not the good of the series and it's fans.

I agree, some accurate commentary on the state of open wheel today. One comment called TG a "lost soul" which must be close to the truth since he is nowhere near his original plan. The only differences between CART and the IRL are the owner, (TG) and the fan support which is nearly nonexistant. The old saying "one man can make a difference" is true but in this case it's one very rich idiot that has made so many fans miserable.

It was also interesting to hear about the conversation with Penske, a man that must also share some of the blame for the state of US open wheel racing.

I have been a fan of top level open wheel racing for a long time but I find myself getting more excited by ALMS these days. The IRL doesn't do it for me and CCWS needs a lot of work. I hope CCWS makes it because the IRL is not an alternative.

Wally
10-20-04, 12:05 PM
Thanks Cam. This edition of The Truth certainly lived up to its name. :thumbup:

I find it very amusing that penske and rahal are concerned with what RM says on some obscure radio show...."we have it on tape" :shakehead
Guess things aren't all that great in paradise.

theunions
10-20-04, 12:55 PM
In listening to Cam's feed towards the end...Dave mentioned something about a Vukovich book finally coming out, and Robin started to affirmatively respond when the audio cut out again...anyone know more about this? Is this the manuscript by a long-deceased writer (maybe Angelo Angelopolous) that Hungness has been sitting on for decades, or someone else's work entirely???

The very first response I received (elsewhere) was from author Bob Gates himself. Stay tuned... :thumbup:

Winston Wolfe
10-21-04, 01:02 AM

i think that sums it up for pretty much all of us here.^^^^

We all want Champcar to comprise all of the best elements of the early to mid 90's in OWRS in North America, with a few American drivers, and the rest of the drivers who rise through the ranks of the support series (Lights, TA, karts, F3000) and even some "old" or former F1 doods.... with a good to great mix of road \ street \ oval courses, happy sponsors, a good TV contract, with "close" and competitive racing (no, not the contrived ISC kind)... But the reality is, it aint gonna happen.

SO.... let's say that helicopter does have "an incident" one day, and the self proclaimed leader of Open Wheel racing is no more.... Does that result in unificiation, or just more of the same as the rest of the vultures circle for control of what is left ???? :saywhat:

fourrunner
10-21-04, 08:54 AM
i think that sums it up for pretty much all of us here.^^^^

We all want Champcar to comprise all of the best elements of the early to mid 90's in OWRS in North America, with a few American drivers, and the rest of the drivers who rise through the ranks of the support series (Lights, TA, karts, F3000) and even some "old" or former F1 doods.... with a good to great mix of road \ street \ oval courses, happy sponsors, a good TV contract, with "close" and competitive racing (no, not the contrived ISC kind)... But the reality is, it aint gonna happen.

SO.... let's say that helicopter does have "an incident" one day, and the self proclaimed leader of Open Wheel racing is no more.... Does that result in unificiation, or just more of the same as the rest of the vultures circle for control of what is left ???? :saywhat:

Totally depends on whether the Family survivors have the so called passion for wasting money as Tony did.

Once he dies, I'm guessing the Wife & Kids get Tony's cut, and just go away ... Then we're back to the Hulman /George money.... I'm guessing that fhere will be a "Let's continue for Tony's Memory" for at least 1 season, but then when they actually see how much money they're losing on the IRL, and how much is being drained from the "profits" of the Indy 500, then they may just kill the IRL

The family will get a real outside Financial Group ( Not one of Tony's toady drinking buddies ) to look at the books and see where the moneys going, and if any of it will find it's way back in the next 100 years. Once they see the facts, the Family is out of here !

I really don't see where the IRL is making money, so I doubt that any of the Team Owners will put up "personal Money" to continue it...

Does Honda or Toyota really want to Fund the series? Is that a good idea anyway ?

After that, who's got the money to risk?

I really just see the IRL as a Very Expensive Hobby for Tony George ... nothing more .

Discuss .... ;)

Ziggy
10-25-04, 05:17 PM
Show is cancelled tonight 10/25/04

Fenster
10-25-04, 06:59 PM
Show is cancelled tonight 10/25/04

What happened? Wasn't this supposed to be the last of the season?

Clown
10-25-04, 08:52 PM
Robin's sick :gomer:

Fenster
10-26-04, 03:00 AM
Robin's sick :gomer:

Rough weekend bender? :cool:

fourrunner
10-26-04, 08:25 AM
So is that it for the Season for The Truth ?

Do we now return to nothing but LIES until the start of next season?

Railbird, Cam, Ziggy ... Tell us it's not so !!

BTW - Thanks you guys for the headsup on The Truth all season, and to CAM for recording it for us time shifters !! :thumbup:

pchall
10-26-04, 10:23 AM
So, I didn't miss anything while I was sitting in the parking lot shouting "Who Dey!" with a bunch of drunks and trying to remain the designated driver instead of guy in charge of organizing the cab(s) home.

"How 'bout dem Bangles!"

formulaben
10-27-04, 12:11 AM
Anyone know what station "The Truth" is going to be on, and when? Is it going to be streamed online? Help, I need the truth!!!! :(

devilmaster
10-27-04, 01:10 AM
Do we now return to nothing but LIES until the start of next season?

Bruce:

1) Check's in the mail
2) Respect ya in the mornin
3) Yer an awesome kart driver.

;)
Steve