PDA

View Full Version : As usual, no consistency in penalties...

Insomniac
09-13-04, 09:46 AM
Bourdais didn't initiate avoidable contact?

Cmndr Keen
09-13-04, 10:34 AM
Bourdais didn't initiate avoidable contact?

I think the ruling was that since "Brain Fades" are unavoidable, the contact was not avoidable....

CART T. Katz
09-13-04, 01:41 PM
isn't it amazing how penalties that go against sebastien are never called but the ones that he is the victim are (blocking @ lausitz, incident @ montreal).

JoeBob
09-13-04, 04:16 PM
Perhaps it was decided that the need to make an extra pit stop to change front wings was penalty enough.

Insomniac
09-13-04, 08:00 PM
Perhaps it was decided that the need to make an extra pit stop to change front wings was penalty enough.

That never sufficed. PT was already screwed at RA and he still got a black flag (which wasn't even warranted).

Insomniac
09-13-04, 08:01 PM
isn't it amazing how penalties that go against sebastien are never called but the ones that he is the victim are (blocking @ lausitz, incident @ montreal).

I wonder if they even bothered to investigate it? Unless it's the #1 Indeck car (and only if he continues on) or the leader, do they bother?

FTG
09-13-04, 09:08 PM
Plain and simple, different rules for different drivers.

Joelski
09-13-04, 09:32 PM
If you'd had Kermit's radio feed going, for this race or any other, you would know that they protest any move by the competition. It was apparent to me yesterday that Hampson was coaching Bourdais on what to say about the incident where Tracy supposedly hit him. My opinion is he brake checked PT and paid the price. Pure racing incident. He plain said on his radio that he broke hard to avoid debris. I know PT can curse a blue streak, but you simply don't hear Team Forsythe whining to race control about every little thing like N/H does. As for no penalty for Kermit, can you say "fixed"? ;)

Dr. Corkski
09-14-04, 12:43 PM
Right. The officials are intentially screwing over the most popular Anglo driver in the series driving for one of the guys paying their bills in favor of a Frenchman, because that's what the fans really want to see. :rofl:

RichK
09-14-04, 12:49 PM
Right. The officials are intentially screwing over the most popular Anglo driver in the series driving for one of the guys paying their bills in favor of a Frenchman, because that's what the fans really want to see. :rofl:

Or, the McDonald's car is getting special treatment.

RaceGrrl
09-14-04, 01:04 PM
The penalty is stupid, but it should have been assessed anyway. Kendall said, "Maybe they felt like his tire going down was enough." What?! Who cares, if they're going to use that lame penalty, it has to be across the board. IMO, get rid of the damn penalty and just RACE.

Ankf00
09-14-04, 01:54 PM
karma's a beetch :D