PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day 2004

nrc
09-13-04, 01:27 AM
So how'd your team do?

It's another oh-n-one opening day for the Bengals but all is not lost. In spite of a banged up offensive line and a defense barely out of diapers they showed some offense and played pretty well. Carson Palmer looked like the quarter back that Cincy has been wishing for and failed to find over the last decade. If this team can duplicate the game to game improvement of last year's team we just might have something.

The Browns squashed the Ravens? 4 catches and 39 yards for the 'soldier,' most of it on one catch. Was Dion a waste of a roster spot, or what?

chop456
09-13-04, 02:12 AM
We may see the Bears repeat the Bucs winless season. They lost to the Lions, who suck, and the rest of their schedule is brutal. Well, at least I can get all that playoff hope out of my system early.

RTKar
09-13-04, 06:46 AM
We may see the Bears repeat the Bucs winless season. They lost to the Lions, who suck, and the rest of their schedule is brutal. Well, at least I can get all that playoff hope out of my system early.

...and working with a bunch of Packer fans like I do, this will be torturous.

chop456
09-13-04, 07:16 AM
...and working with a bunch of Packer fans like I do, this will be torturous.

Try living among them. Even my kids are turning against me. :cry:

Thankfully, my dog has kept her opinion to herself.

RTKar
09-13-04, 08:32 AM

...but I can't send my co-workers to their rooms...No TV, No Nintendo...At least you have the dog. :D

Sean O'Gorman
09-13-04, 09:41 AM
The Browns squashed the Ravens? 4 catches and 39 yards for the 'soldier,' most of it on one catch. Was Dion a waste of a roster spot, or what?

Yeah, where the hell did that come from???

WickerBill
09-13-04, 10:44 AM
WHERE'S EDWARDO?? WHERE'S EDWARDO??

http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/Top%20Stories/2004/griffin_quentin_040912.jpg

Turn7
09-13-04, 10:46 AM
That dude puts a whole new meaning on pee wee football. :D

Ankf00
09-13-04, 12:23 PM
WHERE'S EDWARDO?? WHERE'S EDWARDO??

http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/Top%20Stories/2004/griffin_quentin_040912.jpg
god I hate that lil okie midget.

the gmen still have no o-line after 3 years, another season of suck coming right up.

the aggy in the cube next to me, die hard aggy, but his wife, and now his 7 year old, both longhorns, it kills him ;)

RichK
09-13-04, 12:39 PM
the aggy in the cube next to me, die hard aggy, but his wife, and now his 7 year old, both longhorns, it kills him ;)

Ha ha, I'm an Aggie (graduate school, so I was never fully indoctrinated), but I love Austin and my favorite color is orange.....split personality!

devilmaster
09-13-04, 12:47 PM
Well, at least the Lions won......

You'd think I'd be really happy, but i'm not.

Still have alot of work ahead for the Honolulu blue and silver. Charles Rogers can officially be thrown into the 'unrealized potential' human pile of the NFL.

On a brighter note, my two fantasy football teams live or die on the McNabb/Owens combination.... Its live for week 1 :) 3 TD's! Hope they do this every week.

Steve

rabbit
09-13-04, 12:50 PM

Still have alot of work ahead for the Honolulu blue and silver. Charles Rogers can officially be thrown into the 'unrealized potential' human pile of the NFL.

On a brighter note, my two fantasy football teams live or die on the McNabb/Owens combination.... Its live for week 1 :) 3 TD's! Hope they do this every week.

Steve
:mad: :flame: :cry:

Wheel-Nut
09-13-04, 12:52 PM

Steve

What was the deal with Rogers? I have him as one of my FF players. Is it time to shop him off for another player? I also have T.O. 3 td's is great but I still think he is an ASS!

Never mind!!

News: Rogers was forced to leave Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears after breaking his right collarbone while going for a pass in the first quarter. The Lions' receiver will be sidelined indefinitely with the same injury that forced him to miss 11 games last season. He will be re-evaluated over the next couple of days to determine if surgery is necessary, according to head coach Steve Mariucci.

devilmaster
09-13-04, 02:34 PM
:mad: :flame: :cry:

for those wondering why John would do that to me, its cause I beat him with one of my two fantasy teams...

Steve

Hard Driver
09-13-04, 03:38 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/IPHHLKHDNBNM/NYG_PHI_292_DH.jpg

Need I say more! :thumbup:

Insomniac
09-13-04, 08:09 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/IPHHLKHDNBNM/NYG_PHI_292_DH.jpg

Need I say more! :thumbup:

Just wait a few weeks when T.O. is double covered and McNabb can't get him the ball against a real defense. :)

Insomniac
09-13-04, 08:10 PM
My team won, but they need to work on a lot of things. But, it's football, you can't really get an idea about a team until mid-season and the second half is what really matters. (Unless you completely suck by Week 9 or 10)

dando
09-13-04, 09:34 PM
News: Rogers was forced to leave Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears after breaking his right collarbone while going for a pass in the first quarter. The Lions' receiver will be sidelined indefinitely with the same injury that forced him to miss 11 games last season. He will be re-evaluated over the next couple of days to determine if surgery is necessary, according to head coach Steve Mariucci.

Officially out for the season. linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1880758)

Sad. Thought Chuck would be a playah.

-Kevin

dando
09-13-04, 09:39 PM
So how'd your team do?

It's another oh-n-one opening day for the Bengals but all is not lost. In spite of a banged up offensive line and a defense barely out of diapers they showed some offense and played pretty well. Carson Palmer looked like the quarter back that Cincy has been wishing for and failed to find over the last decade. If this team can duplicate the game to game improvement of last year's team we just might have something.

Hope is not lost in Cincy. The boys fought back to the end (as far as I heard since I had to listen to it on the radio). :( Palmer looks like the real deal. We need the OL to get healthy, get Simmons back, and O'Neal back @ CB. The DL concerns me, tho. There's no 'D' in Bengals. :cry:

Brownies dominate the Ravens? Lions win on the road? Golden domers beat Meechicken? The planets must be aligning..... ;)

-Kevin

WickerBill
09-14-04, 03:22 PM
EDWARDO!!!

fourrunner
09-14-04, 04:34 PM
Just wait a few weeks when T.O. is double covered and McNabb can't get him the ball against a real defense. :)

Now Now!! ;)

Ankf00
09-14-04, 05:37 PM
Officially out for the season. linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1880758)

Sad. Thought Chuck would be a playah.

-Kevin

s'all good, they have Roy, the Lions'll be alright ;)

Jervis Tetch 1
09-14-04, 09:29 PM
Once again, Indianapolis snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I flipping hate the Patriots, but when your top back fumbles twice in the red zone and your co-MVP QB tosses a crappy interception there too, and then gets sacked while driving for the winning score, it was almost inevitable.

Insomniac
09-14-04, 10:49 PM
Once again, Indianapolis snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I flipping hate the Patriots, but when your top back fumbles twice in the red zone and your co-MVP QB tosses a crappy interception there too, and then gets sacked while driving for the winning score, it was almost inevitable.

And the better team lost...