PDA

View Full Version : Predictable

nrc
09-12-04, 09:19 PM
Predictable. Carp's contract is up again and suddenly he's winning. The guy has always had talent but your really have to question his motivation. If he gets a big bundle of yen to go in circles he'll be happy to tool around and collect his paycheck.

DaveL
09-12-04, 09:44 PM
When Carp is "on" he's as good as anyone out there. He's proven that not just with today's win, but with other wins as well. I don't know how much fire a driver has to have to floor the throttle and steer, which is all they do in the Crapwagons most of the time, but it looks like we may find out.

PopOffValve
09-12-04, 09:49 PM
It's funny how this happens ALL. THE. TIME.

Regardless, great win for him today. :thumbup:

RaceGrrl
09-12-04, 09:51 PM
Congrats to Carp, and especially to Coyne's Cookie Boy. I was very happy to see Oriol get a podium finish. The lack of decent camera coverage today made it a bit difficult to understand why there were position changes. TK was right- where was the avoidable contact penalty for Bourdais? Either use that stupid penalty consistently or not at all.

RTKar
09-12-04, 10:05 PM
Congrats to Carp, and especially to Coyne's Cookie Boy. I was very happy to see Oriol get a podium finish. The lack of decent camera coverage today made it a bit difficult to understand why there were position changes. TK was right- where was the avoidable contact penalty for Bourdais? Either use that stupid penalty consistently or not at all.

At this point in the season, we shouldn't be having on track situations like this nor broadcast coverage that leaves something to be desired. I guess it's all a part of the general state of Champcar these days yet at some point, we as fans should expect a reasonable amount of improvement. Today, some of the driving appeared amateurish at best.

cart7
09-13-04, 07:48 AM
Forsythe needs to go with a race-to-race contract with Patreek. That would be an almost guarenteed Series Championship.

TedN
09-13-04, 08:42 AM
Full Story (http://www.deepthrottle.com/Essays/04_laguna_day1-2.shtml)

I ask him if it’s true he’s going to the IRL, and wouldn’t he rather stay in Champ Car. He loves the series, he says, but wishes that it would unify, because as a driver, it would just make things easier. He denies a defection to the other series, but says he doesn’t know where he’s driving next year.

Ted

Lola_B70
09-13-04, 12:56 PM
Congratulations to Patrick on his second consecutive race win at Laguna'.

I was lucky enough to chat with him before the race. I asked him about his ride situation, he said he doesn't have any offers YET. He said there is still time.
Well, Jerry, if you're reading, help Pat' out.
I made it very clear that many of his fans and those of Champcar have a firm hatred for TG and the Injury Rookie L. After asking him not to leave for the yen I just dropped it 'cause his face didn't look happy about leaving.
It is a f'd up situation for him, it's got to be. Who would actually WANT to race over there?
He is a race winner with the right personality for the job and yet he may have to pay his bills by driving a boat anchor in gomer land. That stinks.

Amanda B.'s Mom
09-13-04, 07:52 PM
Pat will not go to the IRL unless it is his only option to race. He does not have the personal sponsiorships required for OWRS.

If he were to have to go to the IRL it would be a huge loss.

FTG
09-13-04, 09:11 PM
Everybody has choices. There are lots of people who do not always accept the highest $$$ offer and a word for people who do: whore.

Lola_B70
09-14-04, 12:25 AM
FTG,
I can only hope you're right.
You know...it would be nice to walk up to a professional champcar pilot and tell him what he should or should not do, it really would. But, i don't own a house in Las Vegas, so i cannot really say what PC should do.

But, i can give an opinion, you can take you chances - IRL (vapid existence) or you can do just about anything else (soul and meaning).

Patrick is a pilot worth his weight, i hope he does the right thing for the sport and for himself.

There is a big picture and Champcar is it. If yen, indy and anton are truly the right thing to do (not!) then i don't want to be a north American open wheel fan.

Either you get it or you don't. C'mon.

CART_Surfer
09-14-04, 08:00 AM
I was in Denver a couple of weeks back for the race there and the buzz back then was that Pat was in line for Dominguez's seat now that the Herdez sponsorship was winding down??? Anyone else hear that one??? :confused: