PDA

View Full Version : Monza

jonovision_man
09-11-04, 06:26 PM
Monty sets a smoking lap in pre-qualifying, 262.242 km/h average, fastest ever in F1...

Rubens on pole.

Should be a barn-burner. The Maclarens don't look to strong, not enough grunt in that engine? Surprised Alonso managed as well as he did, Renault are supposed to be down on power as well.

jono

RTKar
09-12-04, 07:38 AM
A wet race day :thumbup:

jonovision_man
09-12-04, 07:54 AM
A wet race day :thumbup:

Looks like it's drying up, but are they on intermediates??? Strategy is going to be what decides this one, it seems!

jono

jonovision_man
09-12-04, 07:58 AM
James Allen on ITV is reporting that some drivers are switching to dry tires...

jonovision_man
09-12-04, 07:59 AM
James Allen on ITV is reporting that some drivers are switching to dry tires...

Michael on slicks, Rubens on inters.

jonovision_man
09-12-04, 08:02 AM
Looks very dry out there.

jonovision_man
09-12-04, 08:22 AM
Anyone else awake? :)

Michael is way back in 9th but fastest lap after fastest lap, this ain't over.

Cam
09-12-04, 08:37 AM
Anyone else awake? :)

Always in chat! :gomer:

RTKar
09-12-04, 10:01 AM
... I was hoping for more rain but it was a good race none the less.

jonovision_man
09-12-04, 12:26 PM
Lots of passing... very exciting IMO.

I still can't believe Schuey came back and would have won it if he didn't owe Rubens one... just amazing, they had the strategy bang-on and he drove sizzling lap after sizzling lap.

jono

indyfan31
09-13-04, 12:31 AM
One would think this race would put an end to the Barichello bashing, but it won't. To watch Rubens rattle off those blistering laps to pad his lead was a joy to watch, not to mention Michael's pass on Button at the first chicane as Rubens came out of the pits. Best race I've seen this year.

jonovision_man
09-13-04, 08:02 AM
One would think this race would put an end to the Barichello bashing, but it won't.

One race? And a race he'd probably have finished second in if Michael had pushed after his last stop?

Sorry, Rubens has been pretty awful all year.

jono

indyfan31
09-13-04, 11:52 AM
Sorry, Rubens has been pretty awful all year.

jono

He's been asked to stand down a couple of times and he's had lousy luck a couple of times too. that's like saying Kimi's been awful all year.

jonovision_man
09-13-04, 12:06 PM
He's been asked to stand down a couple of times and he's had lousy luck a couple of times too. that's like saying Kimi's been awful all year.

The Maclaren hasn't been the greatest car, though, until recently. And he is lucky to be compared to DC, not Michael Schumacher.

Rubens just hasn't made the most of the equipment he's been given, not just in 2004 but for his entire career. He's in the car that's dominated the championship year after year, and he's done nothing special at all with it.

As I alluded to above, he's in the unenviable position of being compared to the greatest driver in the field, possibly of all time... even so, he's never been anything all that special IMO, just a driver who shows up and helps Michael win championships.

jono

tllips
09-13-04, 12:39 PM
he's never been anything all that special IMO, just a driver who shows up and helps Michael win championships.

jono

Apparently, that's what he is being paid to do. My guess is he is getting paid handsomely to toe the company line.

Hard Driver
09-13-04, 03:29 PM
I am beginningto really hate the Ferrari dominance. They can even take a good race and ruin it.

RTKar
09-13-04, 06:35 PM
I am beginningto really hate the Ferrari dominance. They can even take a good race and ruin it.

We just need everyone else to get their acts together...

Jervis Tetch 1
09-13-04, 11:02 PM
I really thought Jensen had this one Buttoned up. Guess not.

Methanolandbrats
09-13-04, 11:50 PM
I have been watching motor racing for over 40 years and I think that might have been one of the best ever. All the drivers from P1 to DFL were 110% balls out for the entire race on a damp track. Just amazing.