PDA

View Full Version : Some Moron...

DjDrOmusic
09-10-04, 02:05 PM
...cornered me today and gleefully told me there is a story in the IndyStar that says CART is back in bankruptcy court Monday. He was practically wetting himself thinking that champcar was going to be dead as of Monday! I broke the bad news to him, that even if a story like that does exist(and I couldn't find one),CART and OWRS are two completely different companies now. If a remnant of CART is going back to court, it's probably to finalize the bancruptcy. He said I was in denial, that all the teams will be in the IRL next year and even McDonalds is pushing Paul Newman to jump over to the darkside. I told him I knew a very good therapist and asked if he had been vacationing in Alaska lately. He just looked at me strangely and I told him to enjoy some real racing this weekend, and tune in the Champcars on Sunday. He muttered something about Chicago and walked on. My only question to all this....WHY ME?????? :confused: :saywhat: ;)

Madmaxfan2
09-10-04, 02:11 PM
Does he post by the name Defender?

DjDrOmusic
09-10-04, 02:13 PM
Does he post by the name Defender?

hmmmm, he did look like a cable TV installer! :D :thumbup:

Ferdman
09-10-04, 03:01 PM
Ya shoulda made a wager with SOB. Then see who will truly be in denial.

FRANKY
09-10-04, 06:30 PM
My only question to all this....WHY ME?????? :confused: :saywhat: ;)

Could it be the shirts you wear?

http://champcar.speedgear.com/images/uploads/CT4101.gif

mantom
09-12-04, 01:10 AM
...cornered me today and gleefully told me there is a story in the IndyStar that says CART is back in bankruptcy court Monday. He was practically wetting himself thinking that champcar was going to be dead as of Monday! I broke the bad news to him, that even if a story like that does exist(and I couldn't find one),CART and OWRS are two completely different companies now. If a remnant of CART is going back to court, it's probably to finalize the bancruptcy. He said I was in denial, that all the teams will be in the IRL next year and even McDonalds is pushing Paul Newman to jump over to the darkside. I told him I knew a very good therapist and asked if he had been vacationing in Alaska lately. He just looked at me strangely and I told him to enjoy some real racing this weekend, and tune in the Champcars on Sunday. He muttered something about Chicago and walked on. My only question to all this....WHY ME?????? :confused: :saywhat: ;)

It's true, CART will be back in court to finish the bankruptcy proceedings that began last winter, but the job probably won't be 100% finished for a few more months. Hearings will take place to settle issues such as the stock price, remaining unsettled issues, and so on.

4wheeldrifter
09-13-04, 08:25 AM

Yep. You just know that McDonalds can't wait to advertise in front of 15,000 fans/weekend and still get those 0.6 overnights. :rolleyes:

TravelGal
09-14-04, 01:34 AM
It's true, CART will be back in court to finish the bankruptcy proceedings that began last winter, but the job probably won't be 100% finished for a few more months. Hearings will take place to settle issues such as the stock price, remaining unsettled issues, and so on.

Just got back from the race so the brain is a little "off camber" heheh, now you KNOW I'm tired, but, back on topic, the quote above seems eminently reasonable. Isn't it true that CART had to stay in existence this year to keep the approval to race from the international sanctioning bodies? Somebody help me out here, I can't think of one dang term I'm trying to use. Anyhoot, after the legal junk and the progression of titles, sanctions (the good ones), etc. has passed through the judicial and legal wringer, THEN we'll read that CART is kaput. Be prepared for the gomers to sprout from the woodwork then!!!!

manic mechanic
09-14-04, 01:44 AM
Just got back from the race so the brain is a little "off camber" heheh, now you KNOW I'm tired, but, back on topic, the quote above seems eminently reasonable. Isn't it true that CART had to stay in existence this year to keep the approval to race from the international sanctioning bodies? Somebody help me out here, I can't think of one dang term I'm trying to use. Anyhoot, after the legal junk and the progression of titles, sanctions (the good ones), etc. has passed through the judicial and legal wringer, THEN we'll read that CART is kaput. Be prepared for the gomers to sprout from the woodwork then!!!!

could that word be "homologation"?

The whole deal was to keep FIA sanction.

4WhlDrftr: The .6 is not the relevant issue here. Put the krapwagens on a 2nd tier cable outlet and they would average a .1, OK?

Chance to say there were more PAYING (read: $$$, not souls) customers at Seca for the weekend than at Joliet...umm-ChicagoLand (a large group of Joliet's population is paying a similar debt (to society), but not by watching a race). They are all "paying a debt", nonetheless. :p

See you in Vegas! :thumbup:

manic

4wheeldrifter
09-14-04, 08:01 AM
could that word be "homologation"?

The whole deal was to keep FIA sanction.

4WhlDrftr: The .6 is not the relevant issue here. Put the krapwagens on a 2nd tier cable outlet and they would average a .1, OK?

Chance to say there were more PAYING (read: $$$, not souls) customers at Seca for the weekend than at Joliet...umm-ChicagoLand (a large group of Joliet's population is paying a similar debt (to society), but not by watching a race). They are all "paying a debt", nonetheless. :p

See you in Vegas! :thumbup:

manic

Guess I should have used a lower number in my example. My intention was to point out that 0.6 is a cr@ppy rating. I agree that if they were on cable, it would be even worse.

nrc
09-14-04, 09:11 AM
Here's the full story for your moron.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/178543-1238-188.html

The bottom line: "Champ Car, the successor to CART, is not affected by the bankruptcy proceedings."

Oh, and in spite of all that lemming hand wringing over creditors and share holders the story says that creditors will get paid most of what they are owed and there will probably be something left for disbursement to the shareholders.

DjDrOmusic
09-14-04, 02:09 PM
Thanks NRC, I believe you know the "moron" of which I speak. He crashed the first gathering I put together at Woo Doggies, and was run off. He apparently thinks I'm an easy target, and can't grasp the insults I toss his way. He just can't seem to get it through his head I will never bow in respect to Imperor Tony! :)

Steve99
09-14-04, 03:15 PM
CART was part of ACCUS, which "sanctioned" (probably not the right term) the races. What will happen next year?

Steve99
09-14-04, 03:19 PM
Interesting quote:

88 Corp., which represents California Speedway, said it invested $2.5 million in the 2003 race that was not held because of fires in the Los Angeles area. CART wanted to stage the race on the next available date, but track officials refused.

Also to be settled is the contract for the 2004 race that was not held.

The '04 race wouldn't be unitl next month or later anyways.

First I've heard about Brands Hatch wanting money. What is that about?

TravelGal
09-14-04, 03:23 PM
Slightly more awake now so I'll hazard a guess that by next year the paperwork/applications/bull$$t will have been accomplished to pass through the sanctions from CART to its successor, OWRS.

And, Manic, thanks but I'm pretty sure that was *not* the word. :rofl: