PDA

View Full Version : Purse Winnings

Tifosi24
09-09-04, 01:29 PM
I am starting an undergraduate research project about motorsports and I need some help finding information about race results and winnings for racing series. I have been looking around various placing on the internet but I haven't been able to find any information on the purse size for the events. I would love to use Champ Car as part of the research (being public has its advantages, well at least when it comes to research) but since I am already using Nascar there is no sense in having two major racing series in the results. Ideally I would be looking for information from either dirt track or smaller market oval series like USAR or ASA. Thanks for the help and hopefully I will have enough information to start crunching the number by the middle of October.

Ziggy
09-09-04, 05:15 PM
Good Luck with the Champcar and F1 purse payouts.

God does'nt even know for sure

Ever think about doing the old USGP from Watkins Glenn (those numbers can be found, as it was a highlight of the event) versus the Daytona 500 during the same era.

Then do it in reverse?

Or you could do the Indy 500 versus the Daytona 500, and throw in TV advertising expense to illustrate how devalued the Indy 500 has become.

just some thoughts, hope you run into some primo quiff at the Library!

Ziggy

Tifosi24
09-13-04, 09:58 AM
Bump

rosawendel
09-13-04, 10:30 AM
i'm pretty sure that you can find purse sizes from previous (publicly owned) years, including the 1 million dollar bonus for the season finalles at california speedway. i think there is also a breakdown for the year or two when cart subsidized teams with an "appearance fee" or something to that effect.

as for more recent vintage, best of luck to you, my friend.