PDA

View Full Version : Report: Ford to scrap Jaguar F1?

devilmaster
09-09-04, 01:00 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_Story.asp?ID=98063

Steve

pchall
09-09-04, 03:48 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_Story.asp?ID=98063

Steve

They should sell all the F1 assets to some kid in Dubai or Baharain and get back to making good cars.

Easy
09-09-04, 04:09 PM
The headline is misleading. What they're considering is re-branding the Jag F-1 team as the Ford F1 team, not discontinuing the operation.

nrc
09-09-04, 04:42 PM
I'd rather see them dump F1 and keep WRC. :(

racer2c
09-09-04, 05:05 PM
I'd rather see them dump F1 and keep WRC. :(

I'm assuming your comment stems from the exuberant amount of monies that it takes to run mid pack that could be better disseminated to other racing interests such as WRC that already has competitive teams? Or some other reason? Just curious.

Sean O'Gorman
09-09-04, 07:44 PM
I'm assuming your comment stems from the exuberant amount of monies that it takes to run mid pack that could be better disseminated to other racing interests such as WRC that already has competitive teams? Or some other reason? Just curious.

That's what I got out of his comments too. I think it is going to take far more than some Middle Eastern investors to turn the team around.

Jag_Warrior
09-12-04, 10:08 AM
The place (only place!) for Jaguar is Le Mans! Ford could set Cossie up as a customer endurance engine supplier and probably even make a few bucks. Wasting more time and money in Formula One is pointless. The glitter of being a new F1 team has worn off now. Rather than supplying green backmarkers for Bernie's show, why not go win something?!

nrc
09-12-04, 12:48 PM

That's exactly correct. I just don't see Ford as willing to spend the huge amount of money required to win regularly in F1. That money would be better spent in a series where it could achieve some results.

I cite WRC specifically because it seems like they're actually achieving some results there for whatever they've been spending on it.