PDA

View Full Version : Watch for it - the new IPS racin' sensation

Racewriter
09-09-04, 10:11 AM
http://www.annetteracing.com/bio.html

Annette something-or-other. Wins in quarter-midgets, karts, and mini-sprints, but unable to win in a full size race car. This, despite racing an IT car, a Sportsman, Late Model, and Sprinter.

So now she's gonna try IPS. The faithful are all atwitter.

Ed_Severson
09-09-04, 10:20 AM
A quick perusal of her website raises several questions ...

1) If you want to be a professional racing driver, why is it that you only have one driver development program (taught by Lyn St. Spin at that!) listed under "education" in your resume, but have three courses in acting and modeling, along with a desktop publishing diploma?

2) Why does your bio say "Canada Martial Status: Single"? Are you married elsewhere? And why did you misspell "marital"?

3) Why have you used "Photo's", "Link's", and "Sponsor's" on your website instead of the proper "Photos", "Links", and "Sponsors"? Don't they teach punctuation at desktop publishing school?

Ah, Sarah Fisher Jr. What do you call a Canadian gomer, anyhow?

Racewriter
09-09-04, 10:31 AM
A quick perusal of her website raises several questions ...

1) If you want to be a professional racing driver, why is it that you only have one driver development program (taught by Lyn St. Spin at that!) listed under "education" in your resume, but have three courses in acting and modeling, along with a desktop publishing diploma?

2) Why does your bio say "Canada Martial Status: Single"? Are you married elsewhere? And why did you misspell "marital"?

3) Why have you used "Photo's", "Link's", and "Sponsor's" on your website instead of the proper "Photos", "Links", and "Sponsors"? Don't they teach punctuation at desktop publishing school?

What's really bad is that Sarah's pre-IRL racing resume' puts hers to shame.

I caught the same things you caught...if you're not much of a driver, you'd better be a helluva marketer...

scanman
09-09-04, 10:32 AM
I read her bio and her accomplishments and it doesn't look like
she has much experience..Just karting this year ???
Be safe girl.. :shakehead

SteveH
09-09-04, 11:05 AM

How about hoser, eh? :gomer:

JT265
09-09-04, 12:00 PM
How about hoser, eh? :gomer:

Hmmm, hoser.

Survey says.............................................. YEP!

Don Quixote
09-09-04, 12:12 PM
I'm almost afraid to hear the answer to this question, but, is the IPS going road racing next year? This is a very scary thought. :shakehead

cart7
09-09-04, 12:26 PM
Perhaps this is ammo for going after Canadian venues next year. Dangling Patreek and this gal as bait. :rolleyes:

I hope this gal comes out in one piece.

Easy
09-09-04, 12:34 PM
I'm almost afraid to hear the answer to this question, but, is the IPS going road racing next year? This is a very scary thought. :shakehead

IPS will be at any and all irl road racing events, if there is in fact an ips. Though, odds of survival look better than toyota-atlantics.

RobGuru
09-09-04, 12:36 PM
Notice also that her website says she will be making her "professional" debut in the IPS.

I can't believe the EARL... letting someone with no professional experience drive on a track where the IPS cars will turn something like 180. At least Priestly had professional experience when he drove in IPS.

This really is not a good idea. :(

MAXAR RE
09-09-04, 01:50 PM
I think she looks like Marilyn Manson, sans makeup. :D

:shakehead Shame on the gomers for allowing her to endanger her safety in an IPS car :shakehead

KobySon
09-09-04, 02:10 PM

:shakehead Shame on the gomers for allowing her to endanger her safety in an IPS car :shakehead

http://www.annetteracing.com/images/Photos/Hollybirch/32020026t.jpg

IlliniRacer
09-09-04, 02:26 PM
Appears to have the same umm. . . "aerodynamics" as Kanaan.

Sean O'Gorman
09-09-04, 03:18 PM
<----still waiting for Warlock! to chime in with "I'd still hit it." :rofl:

JT265
09-09-04, 03:19 PM
Appears to have the same umm. . . "aerodynamics" as Kanaan.

hmmm. Who nose?

Madmaxfan2
09-09-04, 03:27 PM
The modeling experience is a bit o a question mark related to her stated gaols. I wonder what Lyn St.James thought of her?

Andrew Longman
09-09-04, 03:31 PM
5'7" 145#?

Carrying more ballast than Danica, less than Sarah

pchall
09-09-04, 03:51 PM
http://www.annetteracing.com/images/Photos/Hollybirch/32020026t.jpg

She's just a tad more makeup and a thong away from the being at the Classy Chassis on a pole and having Al, Jr. creaming his BVDs to be her driving coach.

Fio1
09-10-04, 12:32 AM
I feel bad for Tiago, Arie jr, Maia, PJ, Just Al and the rest of the legit race car drivers. If this chick is a 1/2 second off the pace it lowers the quality (stop laughing, please) of the series. Because, we all know she'd be 3-4 seconds off any decent driver in that P.O.S sedan she was racing. :shakehead

I can't believe they'd let someone like that race IPS. I guess money talks.....I also feel bad for the team. Can they really say that she was impresive during the test and that they picked her because of her CV and skill. :laugh:

Winston Wolfe
09-10-04, 02:30 AM
she may have skill..... but at what, I have no idea !

She sure has a neat-o web page... I bet BiF# sure would like a date....
That is, if she can shoot a bb gun, or a pellet rifle.

Clown
09-10-04, 02:50 AM
:thumbup:

Modeling experience?
http://www.skyhawk.org/models/model-kit-a4k.jpg

Classic Apex
09-10-04, 09:40 AM
I saw the title of this thread an immediately thought of this...

http://www.indyracing.com/indycar/photos/build_photo-test.php?photo_id=9482&size=med

FRANKY
09-10-04, 10:23 AM
I feel bad for Tiago, Arie jr, Maia, PJ, Just Al and the rest of the legit race car drivers. If this chick is a 1/2 second off the pace it lowers the quality (stop laughing, please) of the series. Because, we all know she'd be 3-4 seconds off any decent driver in that P.O.S sedan she was racing. :shakehead

I can't believe they'd let someone like that race IPS. I guess money talks.....I also feel bad for the team. Can they really say that she was impresive during the test and that they picked her because of her CV and skill. :laugh:

It's IPS for God's sake! Hello, Jason Priestly?

pchall
09-10-04, 10:36 AM
Hmmm, hoser.

Survey says.............................................. YEP!

Please have your eyesight checked. He did not type "hose her"!

Jervis Tetch 1
09-10-04, 12:30 PM
This is sick. If the idiots at IPS or the I*L want a woman driver, why not put Sham in a padded bra or a cheap wig on Helio Castronervous?

Well, at least this chick has more balls than Anton. FTG.

pchall
09-10-04, 01:09 PM
She wasn't in this mornings IPS practice.

Racewriter
09-10-04, 02:56 PM

When did Arie Jr. and Just Al become "legit race drivers?" Strictly wankers. They'd be trying to keep up with the pack in any decent Saturday night Modified feature.

This gal fits right into that series.

Ziggy
09-10-04, 07:14 PM
Airie Jr. is for sure a major league wanker. He is over his head in a driving rain.

Where art thou Billy Roe???