PDA

View Full Version : Trans-Am: Puerto Rico GP cancelled.

devilmaster
09-08-04, 11:27 PM
http://www.trans-amseries.com/News/Article.asp?ArticleID=2690

Steve

Tall1
09-08-04, 11:46 PM
Dayum!!! I wonder why. Hurricane season? A disagreement between the principals?

Anteater
09-09-04, 04:34 AM
There's an article on speedtv.com about this:
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/12813/

So the Trans-Am season finale is this weekend. Go TK!

JohnHKart
09-09-04, 05:43 AM
What a disaster this season was....I didn't get to see one lap, other than practice Friday at Long Beach. I hope next year they get their TV act together, I don't have HDTV, and I don't really need it. A half hour on Spike is a disaster and I never could figure out when it was on. I'm a TK fan too, so it really sucked for me.

John :thumdown:

jonovision_man
09-09-04, 09:18 AM
What a disaster this season was....I didn't get to see one lap, other than practice Friday at Long Beach. I hope next year they get their TV act together, I don't have HDTV, and I don't really need it. A half hour on Spike is a disaster and I never could figure out when it was on. I'm a TK fan too, so it really sucked for me.

John :thumdown:

11 car grid for Toronto, the only race I managed to catch and it's only because I was there. :rolleyes:

Hacked together at the last minute but with much less success than they managed with Champcars. Hope they can turn it around, the Peurto Rico cancellation is disappointing.

jono

oddlycalm
09-11-04, 04:51 PM
Seems like Speed GT pretty much killed this series dead. Add to that the ALMS GT and the Rolex and you have seriously fragmented market. What Trans Am used to be was along the lines what you would have today if you pulled together the Cadillac & Audi teams from Speed GT, Gentilozzi's Jaguar team from Trans Am, the Corvette team from ALMS and the PTG BMW's from Rolex into one series with one set of drivers, rules and specs. I'm sure I left out some good teams, some Porsches among them, but you get the idea.

oc

jonovision_man
09-11-04, 06:12 PM
Seems like Speed GT pretty much killed this series dead. Add to that the ALMS GT and the Rolex and you have seriously fragmented market. What Trans Am used to be was along the lines what you would have today if you pulled together the Cadillac & Audi teams from Speed GT, Gentilozzi's Jaguar team from Trans Am, the Corvette team from ALMS and the PTG BMW's from Rolex into one series with one set of drivers, rules and specs. I'm sure I left out some good teams, some Porsches among them, but you get the idea.

oc

Speed WC isn't there yet, though, still mostly a support series. Looking great, though. Loved the races I've seen, they're exciting and so many manufactuers in the mix, if you don't see it in Touring, it's in GT.

:thumbup:

jono