PDA

View Full Version : RM: IRL by numbers

dando
09-07-04, 11:54 PM
linky (http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/12816/)

Of course they're just numbahs....

33 -- Number that used to mean something in qualifying at Indianapolis.

-Kevin

Clown
09-08-04, 02:32 AM
Definately one of Robins most brutal bitchslaps ever to the Earl :D

Robstar
09-08-04, 02:59 AM
7 -- Number of times per telecast that Paul Page and Jack Arute use the phrase "great crowd."

:D

Kiwifan
09-08-04, 04:03 AM
Ah, The Truth at last this week. ;)

Rusty.

Elmo T
09-08-04, 07:58 AM
51 -- Eddie Cheever's winning number at Indy in 1998 and total cases of Rachel's Potato Chips sold that year.

:laugh:

4wheeldrifter
09-08-04, 09:26 AM
"151 -- Average number of spectators on Friday practice days."

Sounds a bit high.

Jervis Tetch 1
09-08-04, 10:26 AM
Robin proved what Mark Twain said more than a hundred years ago.

"There are three types of lies. Lies, damn lies and statistics."

Thus be the I*L. :rofl:

RobGuru
09-08-04, 12:37 PM
Three can not be the number of Chevy victories post Honda and Toyota. It is, however, the number of Ford victories during this period.

Steve99
09-08-04, 03:38 PM
Definately one of Robins most brutal bitchslaps ever to the Earl :D

What about this part?

And it is hard to argue with those IRL press releases that boast about booming attendance, increased television exposure and all those new sponsors flocking to be part of The League.

Ruok
09-08-04, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown
Definately one of Robins most brutal bitchslaps ever to the Earl

What about this part?

Quote:
And it is hard to argue with those IRL press releases that boast about booming attendance, increased television exposure and all those new sponsors flocking to be part of The League.

i·ro·ny n. pl. i·ro·nies

The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.

Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: “Racewriter noted the irony of Tony George copying the series he most hated”.
An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity.

FanofMario
09-08-04, 06:05 PM
Another good read from RM. Many question him, but I have never questioned his passion for OW. I hope a lot of the IRListas are choking while reading this. Bitchslap is an understatement! :thumbup:

Dave99
09-08-04, 07:01 PM
Robin should have added this to #6;

The number of IRL drivers to win the Indy 500 in their first nine years. :p

oddlycalm
09-09-04, 10:48 AM
A classic, best I've seen out of RM in some time. The number I'd really like to see is TG's blood pressure after reading it... ;)

oc

racer2c
09-09-04, 11:14 AM
A classic, best I've seen out of RM in some time. The number I'd really like to see is TG's blood pressure after reading it... ;)

oc

TG can read? Go figure.

Chiphead_Dave
09-10-04, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlycalm
A classic, best I've seen out of RM in some time. The number I'd really like to see is TG's blood pressure after reading it...

oc

TG can read? Go figure.

Nope he has to have all of his knowledge anally injected.

Madmaxfan2
09-10-04, 06:26 PM
IT is not that bad, John Cooper will visit him and read it for him. Then John will tell him what to say for the next week. :gomer: :gomer:

Amanda B.'s Mom
09-11-04, 04:18 PM
What is to become a classic RM piece.

The number that struck me was:
93 -- Number of drivers hospitalized since '96.